Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 15:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Singapore (5N/6D) Tour Planning - Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1.Tour operators will usually have packed itineraries so do check on this, may be good to go with tour operator when the group is large, say 5-10 or even more

2.Gardens by the bay can be combined with a visit to the Marina Bay - lots to see around here, there are laser shows, a large deck, etc. Also include a visit to the terrace of the Marina Bay Sands - great views of the city! Gardens by the bay is almost opposite to the Marina Bay Sands on the other side of the highway and can be reached via a bridge from the Marina Bay Sands. There's also a huge shopping mall in the Marina Bay Sands campus with an indoor Gondola ride as well!

3.Day 4 - I would suggest drop Universal, it will need a dedicated 2 days, can be done on another trip.
Day 5 - Sentosa - try to take the Cable car from Mount Faber to Sentosa, very good. At Sentosa, do not miss the Songs of the Ocean show, excellent

4.Night Safari will be a crisp tour of the zoo in comfort. Visit to the zoo needs a full day plus it will be tiring. We did Zoo + night Safari back to back and it was one of the most tiring days. They also have a River Safari which is again in the Zoo/Night Safari campus. But I think you can skip this as well.

5.No dearth of vegetarian options, especially in the Little India area and it's surroundings on and off the Serangoon road. The streets behind Mustafa shopping center have almost only Indian Restaurants Some good ones are Komalas (fast food format), Komala Vilas, Anandha Bhavan, Saravana Bhavan, list goes on and on.

6.Not sure about the Singapore visa from Australia.

I suggest you also look up this thread for more information since it is more active and updated recently:
Link
Thanks NPV,

This information is nice. I will include Marina bay in the itinerary and drop the zoo (night safari will keep). I was also skeptical about Universal. Will drop that too.

Thanks for pointing out about the cable car, will see if this can be worked out.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 27th July 2023, 20:26   #17
BHPian

Planning to visit next month. I talked to Thomas cook about a holiday package but they said Covid vaccination is required to enter Singapore. I saw on Singapore government website that there are no Covid related restrictions anymore. What is the correct information?
Old 27th July 2023, 20:33   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Planning to visit next month. I talked to Thomas cook about a holiday package but they said Covid vaccination is required to enter Singapore. I saw on Singapore government website that there are no Covid related restrictions anymore. What is the correct information?
Returned from Singapore today morning. There are absolutely no restrictions of any kind whatsoever.
Old 28th July 2023, 09:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Planning to visit next month.
In June 2022 they were checking your CoWin certificate on arrival at Singapore, however nowadays the vaccination requirement is not present anymore at places it was present earlier. Mostly Thomas Cook information can be outdated and hence the confusion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks