Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Thanks again, SILVERWOOD (Thats why i love this forum). But i plan to halt at Hospet as i am travelling with family and trying to avoid driving beyond 9-10PM. Any pointers for accomodation at Hospet?
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

This is the best hotel in Hospet.Have stayed here couple of times.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 29th June 2010 at 14:52. Reason: Comments
Old 29th June 2010, 15:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

Hospet should have good hotels, as most people prefer to stay while visiting Hampi. That reminds, dont you want to visit Hampi?
Old 29th June 2010, 15:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hospet should have good hotels, as most people prefer to stay while visiting Hampi. That reminds, dont you want to visit Hampi?
Well, i do have Hampi in the crosshairs but I plan to visit it while coming back (it would be night while going, you know).
Quote:
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

malligi is the best hotel around. I just placed a call to these guys but i need to take 2 rooms for 4 adults (no extraa bed allowed saaar). I booked Hotel Priyadarshini on Station Road (Ph: 08394-228838/39) as this seems to be a decent hotel for the 6hrs sleep. They quoted 1400 for an A/C room with extra bed against 3000+8% taxes at Mallige. Also, Tripadviser reviews are not bad about priyadarshini. what say?
BTW, any idea about the rains and the condition of Jog falls (water flow)?

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 29th June 2010 at 15:55. Reason: addtional queries
Old 29th June 2010, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i do have Hampi in the crosshairs but I plan to visit it while coming back (it would be night while going, you know).

malligi is the best hotel around. I just placed a call to these guys but i need to take 2 rooms for 4 adults (no extraa bed allowed saaar). I booked Hotel Priyadarshini on Station Road (Ph: 08394-228838/39) as this seems to be a decent hotel for the 6hrs sleep. They quoted 1400 for an A/C room with extra bed against 3000+8% taxes at Mallige. Also, Tripadviser reviews are not bad about priyadarshini. what say?
Malligi also has cheaper AC rooms--but they try to sell you the costly ones first.
We paid Rs 3336 for 2 AC rooms, which also included an extra bed last September. We got the rooms on the spot.

I strongly recommend Malligi as it has decent and secure parking.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Priyadarshini is also a decent hotel for an overnite stay.

As of now the monsoon has not done its magic, so the falls are not in their full splendor.You may get lucky over the weekend if it rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Malligi also has cheaper AC rooms--but they try to sell you the costly ones first.
We paid Rs 3336 for 2 AC rooms, which also included an extra bed last September. We got the rooms on the spot.

I strongly recommend Malligi as it has decent and secure parking.
I agree,they try to sell the costly ones first.

Bewt:July-August is the season for foreign tourists (european) as this hotel caters mostly to them.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Update;

Spoke to my friend who hails from shimoga.

He said the waterfall is average as of now and the best to visit is after july 20th.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th June 2010 at 13:52. Reason: Comments
Old 30th June 2010, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Update;

Spoke to my friend who hails from shimoga.

He said the waterfall is average as of now and the best to visit is after july 20th.
Now that might be a dampner :-( But will have to go nevertheless (July-Aug) is gonna be packed for both me and wifey). Thanks again, silverwood.

Thanks for the info @vnabhi.

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 30th June 2010 at 14:05.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

You might still want to try the Linganamakki dam.

Linganamakki dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 30th June 2010, 14:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You might still want to try the Linganamakki dam.

Linganamakki dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This sounds good. I will try and cover this as well as i am planning to head to Agumbe, via sagar.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:10   #25
BHPian

hi guys,

I was planning a trip to Hampi, from Hyderabad, mostly on this Saturday. Plan to leave hyd by 4 AM so that I can be in Hampi by 10 or 11. Google maps shows the route to be

Hyd ---> Jadcherla ----> Mahaboob nagar ----> Raichur -----> Manvi -----> Sindhanur ----> Gangawati ---> Anegondi ---> Hampi.

Is this route better for travel or should I consider the other one via NH7. I think the above route is shorter and the NH7 one will be longer one (Hyd --> Kurnool ---> Gooty -->Bellary --> Hospet). Can you people please suggest me some good route. How will be the condition from Jadcherla --> hampi ?

Thanks,
Srini.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
hi guys,

I was planning a trip to Hampi, from Hyderabad, mostly on this Saturday. Plan to leave hyd by 4 AM so that I can be in Hampi by 10 or 11. Google maps shows the route to be

Hyd ---> Jadcherla ----> Mahaboob nagar ----> Raichur -----> Manvi -----> Sindhanur ----> Gangawati ---> Anegondi ---> Hampi.

Is this route better for travel or should I consider the other one via NH7. I think the above route is shorter and the NH7 one will be longer one (Hyd --> Kurnool ---> Gooty -->Bellary --> Hospet). Can you people please suggest me some good route. How will be the condition from Jadcherla --> hampi ?

Thanks,
Srini.
This route is very good. Jadcherla to Raichur route is also good and Raichur to gangavati road is maska.

I hail from Raichur and will strongly recommend this route.

Betw;Which vehicle are you planning to drive.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 1st July 2010 at 12:23. Reason: Comments
Old 1st July 2010, 12:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This route is very good. Jadcherla to Raichur route is also good and Raichur to gangavati road is maska.

I hail from Raichur and will strongly recommend this route.

Betw;Which vehicle are you planning to drive.?
Hi SilverWood,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I will be driving my 1.5 year old Indica Diesel (NA). As per your words, guess hyd-hampi can be done easily in 6 hours ?

Thanks,
Srini.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi SilverWood,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I will be driving my 1.5 year old Indica Diesel (NA). As per your words, guess hyd-hampi can be done easily in 6 hours ?

Thanks,
Srini.
Why not.? 6-6.5 hours of driving time is sufficent for you to reach hampi.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
hi guys,

Thanks,
Srini.
Srini as silverwood indicated above, i am takeing the road via raichur. I am starting 3-4pm tomorrow. On the other route (Via NH7) dont even think about it. Last Sep, it took 6 and half hours for me to navigate NH63 (gooty to bellary around 90KM) . If you want i can PM you my number and call me on sat and i can give you the freshest ;-) update.
Old 1st July 2010, 19:55   #30
BHPian

hey Srini - am planning to do the exact same trip a week later, leaving Hyd early and planning to reach Hampi by 10-11. Do let me know if that's realistic with the current road conditions.

Silverwood - I gather you're the expert on this topic. I intend to stay there for a day (at Malligi) and drive back the next early morning. Can you advise if that's a good plan and any specifics on what I can do during the day/evening (apart from the visit to the ruins)? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks