Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 09:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ghodbunder-Thane Road Condition?

[I have to leave for Thane in an hour]

I am visiting my cousin who lives in Thane West (Gladys Alvares Road). I live in Malad West (Link Road). Initially I was planning to go via the tried and tested route, Malad-Goregaon flyover-Aarey Road-IIT Powai-EEH. But while browsing through Google Maps now I think that Malad-WEH-Ghodbunder-Thane route is going to be fun to drive on (thick forests on both sides, good-looking road). Google Maps tells me both routes are approximately same distance (32km). The only unknowns at the moment are the general road condition and the effect of yesterday's rains in Mumbai. I am travelling with my wife and 5-year old son, in my Civic (ie, low ground clearance), so wouldn't want to get stranded.

Please if you have any information on the road condition I will appreciate it.

Binand
Old 4th July 2010, 11:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very good condition all the way. I live off Ghodbunder Road, near where you are going
Old 4th July 2010, 19:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Very good condition all the way. I live off Ghodbunder Road, near where you are going
Thanks. Did the run. The Ghodbunder-Thane Road is indeed in good condition, except when one reaches close to the NH3 end, where there is flyover construction going on and slow detours all over.

Ditto on NH8 - flyover construction at Mira Road. Huge traffic jam after the Dahisar toll booth till Mira Road.

The scenic route through the forest is marred by billboards, excavations, constructions, trash dumps and the like.

Still, did the run both ways in approx same time - 1h 15m (returned via JV Link Road).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks