Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 16:06   #46
BANNED

Please could someone suggest decent /good places to stay overnight at the following locations.

1. Tumkur
2. Sagar(for jog falls)
3. Goa(We will be spending two nights here. So need a good place to stay).
4. Hubli

Cheers
Old 15th July 2010, 00:38   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Please could someone suggest decent /good places to stay overnight at the following locations.

1. Tumkur
2. Sagar(for jog falls)
3. Goa(We will be spending two nights here. So need a good place to stay).
4. Hubli

Cheers
Dear All, Could someone who has stayed at the above places assist me with his/her inputs?

Cheers
Old 15th July 2010, 01:03   #48
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I stayed in Ambesh in Hubli. Kind of liked it. 600 bucks for a double room.
There's Karnataka tourism place in jog. Not sure how good it is. Check with extremetorque. He just went to jog and got back.
Check T-BHP for countless suggestions on goa. Pick based on your budget.
Old 15th July 2010, 06:30   #49
Team-BHP Support

Why do want to stay in Tumkur? You might as well stay in Bangalore outskirts to have an easier exit and more hotel options.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:32   #50
BHPian

Where in Goa? Plenty of options which you can check out yourself when you get there - which cater to most budgets.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:54   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I stayed in Ambesh in Hubli. Kind of liked it. 600 bucks for a double room.
There's Karnataka tourism place in jog. Not sure how good it is. Check with extremetorque. He just went to jog and got back.
Check T-BHP for countless suggestions on goa. Pick based on your budget.
Thanks for the Hubli reference. Will check with extremetoruqe for Jog reference.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:02   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why do want to stay in Tumkur? You might as well stay in Bangalore outskirts to have an easier exit and more hotel options.
We want to cover as much distance as possible on the first day from Chennai. Hence we have thought of Tumkur for halting on the first day.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Plan for Tumkur on first day halt and homestay like nammane near JOG for second day. That will be better choice so travel distance will be comfortable everyday with site seeing. But still I feel you should search for place in outskirts of Bangalore if you dont get option in Tumkur.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th July 2010, 10:44   #54
BANNED

All,

Could somebody recommended a good place to stay either near the electronics city? I am planning to stay overnight near electronics city and start early morning next day to Tumkur?

Cheers
Old 12th August 2010, 15:08   #55
BANNED

Guys, Thanks all for suggestions. I completed this trip and it was really enjoyable. Only sore point was that I lost my Blackberry.

The route that I took is as below.

CHENNAI to GOA

1. Chennai - Bangalore [NH4,NH46,NH7]
2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga [ NH4 ]
3. Chitragurga - Hampi [NH13]. NH13 is bad. Look for alternate option from Bangalore.
4. Hampi - Goa [NH63, NH17]

GOA to CHENNAI

1. Goa - Honnavar [NH17]
2. Honnavar - Tumkur [NH206]
3. Tumkur - Bangalore [NH4]
4. Bangalore - Chennai [NH7,NH46,NH4]

We visited Hampi[Forward journey] & Jog[Return journey]

Will post the pics in travelouges section sometime later in the week.
Old 13th August 2010, 22:24   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Guys, Thanks all for suggestions. I completed this trip and it was really enjoyable. Only sore point was that I lost my Blackberry.

The route that I took is as below.

CHENNAI to GOA

1. Chennai - Bangalore [NH4,NH46,NH7]
2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga [ NH4 ]
3. Chitragurga - Hampi [NH13]. NH13 is bad. Look for alternate option from Bangalore.
4. Hampi - Goa [NH63, NH17]

GOA to CHENNAI

1. Goa - Honnavar [NH17]
2. Honnavar - Tumkur [NH206]
3. Tumkur - Bangalore [NH4]
4. Bangalore - Chennai [NH7,NH46,NH4]

We visited Hampi[Forward journey] & Jog[Return journey]

Will post the pics in travelouges section sometime later in the week.
Me and my friends too are planning for a road trip to Goa,SO please elaborate the TL. Can we make it to goa in one day? There is a Volvo bus Paulo travels which starts from here at 3.30 pm(chennai) and reaches Goa the next morning.

Lots of Pics please
Old 14th August 2010, 11:43   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Me and my friends too are planning for a road trip to Goa,SO please elaborate the TL. Can we make it to goa in one day? There is a Volvo bus Paulo travels which starts from here at 3.30 pm(chennai) and reaches Goa the next morning.

Lots of Pics please
I am get to get the complete pics from my friend and hence there could be a delay in posting the TL.

To answer your question, I am not sure if you could make it to Goa in one day. Goa is about 900kms from Chennai and I would prefer to do it with a 1 night break. If you are not planning to halt at any other place on the way to Goa, then I would recommend the following route.
  • Chennai to Bengaluru via NH4, NH 46 & NH7. This route is excellent. You might have traffic till you cross Chennai outskirts and you can bypass Bengaluru by taking the NICE road.
  • Bengaluru to Hubli on NH4. This should be excellent till Hubli.
  • Hubli to Goa via NH63,NH17. The NH63 from Hubli to Karwar is quite scenic and it's best to cover this during day time.
Old 24th November 2010, 06:33   #58

Goa-Chennai route and stop over suggestions

Hi All, I am planing to ride from Goa to Chennai via Hampi. Planing to ride 200-300km a day, may be more if needed but it's not a race. I would like to know of a good route NH4A-NH63 or a more scenic route?
Also if anyone knows of any towns that would be best to stop at overnight or a day or two.
My plan so far is to leave Goa stay at hampi for 2-3 days, Chennai to vist Enfield factory and any other suggestions for Chennai so 2 or more days, then to Pondicherry, again 2 or more days. I may stop overnight between Goa-Hampi or just one ride. 2 or 3 overnight stops between Hampi-Chennai.
This will not be until the start of March but I would like to start planning it now and will look at a different route back via Bangalore or Mysore at a later date.
Suggestions for any part of the trip will be most welcome

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th November 2010 at 10:08. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 24th November 2010, 18:53   #59
BHPian

Hi Everyone. Iam also planning to drive down from Chennai to Goa in January. Can someone please comment on the latest road condition from Belgaum to Sawantwadi (think its SH-121)?

Someone told me that, if one needs to get to North Goa, one of the two options mentioned below could be used from Belgaum, after getting off the NH4.
Options:-
1. NH4A- Belgaum to Panaji OR
2. SH 121- Belgaum to Sawantwadi. (Note sure about this one).
Thanks!
Old 25th November 2010, 06:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Hi Everyone. Iam also planning to drive down from Chennai to Goa in January. Can someone please comment on the latest road condition from Belgaum to Sawantwadi (think its SH-121)?

Someone told me that, if one needs to get to North Goa, one of the two options mentioned below could be used from Belgaum, after getting off the NH4.
Options:-
1. NH4A- Belgaum to Panaji OR
2. SH 121- Belgaum to Sawantwadi. (Note sure about this one).
Thanks!
I did Goa -- Bangalore stretch via NH4A/NH4 combination three weeks back. NH4A is in good condition. The average speed, with my driving style, was the following
Panaji --- Mollem --- 60km/hr
Mollem --- Hubli (you have ghat section in this stretch) -- 57km/hr

The total driving time was 8.5 hours door to door (Panaji to Bangalore) with one hour break for lunch.

Regards,
Sarin

Most Viewed