Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
To get from Andheri to EEH, it is best to go on WEH till JOIgeswar, take the JVLR (Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road) which is now a nice 4-laner via Powai to Kanjur Marg, where you join EEH. Little jamming in Powai are but otherwise the drive to EEH should take you 15-30 minutes from EEH.
HVK which road, Airoli bridge or NH3/NH222 to Ambarnath? Which is faster/better? The time is Sunday evening 8 pm. I got the JVLR from Andheri station, perfect. Thanks. Will take that. In the late 80s I remember Saki-Vihar and Chakala. Will not take it this time.
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would take the right turn at Turbhe - Kalyan Road - and go via Shil Phata and Dombivli to Ambernath.
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:55   #18
BHPian

Sorry HVK. I did not get this road. So I am in EEH and north bound (NH3) and the first right I get is the Airoli bridge. I drop this. Further how long do I go to take the Turbhe-Kalyan road or are you talking about heading south-bound on the EEH and taking the Vashi-bridge?
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
Sorry HVK. I did not get this road. So I am in EEH and north bound (NH3) and the first right I get is the Airoli bridge. I drop this. Further how long do I go to take the Turbhe-Kalyan road or are you talking about heading south-bound on the EEH and taking the Vashi-bridge?
Oops, I thought you were coming on NH4 from Pune-Belapur side.
If you are on EEH, going north, I think the best option may be NH3/NH222 through Kalyan as you have indicated.

If you cross the Airoli bridge to Airoli, then you can link up to the Turbhe-Kalyan road at Mahape, which means you will have to turn back towards Vashi-Turbhe to get onto it.

Here is the GM of that route from EEH to Ambarnath:
Eastern Express Hwy/NH 3 to Ambarnath, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps
Old 8th October 2010, 21:53   #20
BHPian

Oh! The MIDC pipeline road is pathetic. Travelled today after getting off the Expressway at Panvel. Then moving to Kalamboli-Taloje and into the road to Ambarnath. And as usual the rant is - its due to the rains.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:39   #21
BHPian

09th October 2010: Route map I took below. 120km. Palm beach road is really really cool. All through New Mumbai/Panvel areas are all sector wise / well-planned wide road areas.

One suggestion: If one has to go to Panvel from Ambarnath, one need not (and I would say should not) go all the way to the Shilphata-Kalyan road. One can take a left into the Taloje area - very good concrete roads and you are very close to Panvel (close to Navade station ?)

Another observation: Road which joins into the Shilphata-Kalyan road is good when you start from Ambarnath rather than when you are going towards Ambarnath. Very strange! Rains fall on both sides of the median

Mumbai-Vashi-Ambernath road query-091010.jpg

10th October 2010: Route map below: 170 km. It was a Sunday and the traffic was manageable. At around 7 pm got on to the EEH from the south end, got off the EEH at 8 pm at the Kalyan exit. Took an other hour into Ambarnath via the crowded Kalyan/Ulhasnagar towns. Sunday night, fair on the way, dandya celebrations also around in different localities.

Ambarnath, Maharashtra, India to Ambarnath, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps

Today: Possibly Dombivli. Monday's shops are closed and we should have a pleasant drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai-Vashi-Ambernath road query-101010.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks