Team-BHP - mumbai maheshwar ujjain bhopal
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   mumbai maheshwar ujjain bhopal (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/86015-mumbai-maheshwar-ujjain-bhopal.html)

iam travelling to mp in sep

the possible itinerary iam floowing is

mumbai maheshwar

maheshwar ujjain

ujjain bhopal

bhopal sanchi vidisha bhojpur etal

bhopal to mumbai

1 i would like to know if anyone has recently travelled on the bhopal

hoshangabad khandwa burhanpur dhule mumbai route.

can someone let me know if i can travel from bhopal to nasik on this route and the time factor and road conditions.

2 some small tips on maheshwar ujjain route to avoid traffic.

3 there seem to be 2 routes from ujjain to bhopal can i take the dewas sehore bhopal route?

pg

The Bhopal-Khandwa road is supposed to be in good condition. A friend drove from Bhopal to Hyderabad (common road till Hoshangabad) and he found it good. Technocrat reported recently that the Hoshnagabad-Khandwa road is also god.

Driving from Bhopal to Nashik should take you most of the day.

Maheshwar-Ujjain: Join NH3 at Damnod and go via Indore to Ujjain. NH3 is a good 4-laner.

The best route to Bhopal from Ujjain is via Dewas and Sehore. From Dewas, it is a good 4-lane highway till Bhopal.

I came back last friday from Bhopal to mumbai via indore,dhule,nasik. The road bet bhopal and indore is excellent(four lane divided toll road).I made it in 2 and half hours with one stop,you can cruze at 110 and 120Kmph.I took indore buypass to avoid indore traffic.from indore up to (about 30km before sendhwa) the road is again four lane divided toll road.Sendhawa to dhule is two lane(but in good condition).from dhule to nasik is again excellent road( toll road).In nasik city (about 20kms) the road is not good with lots of potholes and heavy trafiic.nasik-mumbai road,some part is good still there are lots of diversions(road under constuction).

I started 6 am from bhopal and with 4 stops(about 20min.) each reached my home in vile parle by 7 pm.in about 12 driving hours.Bhopal mumbai is about 860kms.That comes to about 70km/hour.I have a VW Passat TDI with DSG gearbox.The Passat gave me 14.8km/ltr.

vasant3, that is a great update on roads less travelled, thanks.
How good were the roads after Sendhwa in the MP-MH border?
And was the Dhulia bypass in good shape?

HVK Sir, Google map shows Bhopal-Indore-Mhow-Sendhwa-Borghat-Dhule-Nashik (NH3) as 622 km, is it correct? Is this a different route? How good is this route?

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 1998547)
HVK Sir, Google map shows Bhopal-Indore-Mhow-Sendhwa-Borghat-Dhule-Nashik (NH3) as 622 km, is it correct? Is this a different route? How good is this route?

Spike

That is the same route vasant took, the NH12/NH3.
You bypass Indore, Mhow & Dhule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasant3 (Post 1998455)
I came back last friday from Bhopal to mumbai via indore,dhule,nasik. The road bet bhopal and indore is excellent(four lane divided toll road).I made it in 2 and half hours with one stop,you can cruze at 110 and 120Kmph.I took indore buypass to avoid indore traffic.from indore up to (about 30km before sendhwa) the road is again four lane divided toll road.Sendhawa to dhule is two lane(but in good condition).from dhule to nasik is again excellent road( toll road).In nasik city (about 20kms) the road is not good with lots of potholes and heavy trafiic.nasik-mumbai road,some part is good still there are lots of diversions(road under constuction).

I started 6 am from bhopal and with 4 stops(about 20min.) each reached my home in vile parle by 7 pm.in about 12 driving hours.Bhopal mumbai is about 860kms.That comes to about 70km/hour.I have a VW Passat TDI with DSG gearbox.The Passat gave me 14.8km/ltr.

>>> vasnat3,

You made very good progress! 860 kms in 12 hours is very good, given the road and traffic conditions.
Did you use the DSG in its 'normal' mode or the sport mode? Did you use the paddleshifts also?
What diesel do you use-plain or with additives?

Regards

I used DSG in normal mode,with premium diesel.The passat has 70ltr tank,and her onboard computer is very good after making bhopal mumbai trip still you can make another 250kms.four lane divided road bet Indore and sendhawa is fantastic,on some sections I touched 185km/h speed.I am not familiar with geogrhaphy of that part of MP,but I crossed two Ghat sections and the road cuts thru some reserve forest section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasant3 (Post 2000176)
I used DSG in normal mode,with premium diesel.The passat has 70ltr tank,and her onboard computer is very good after making bhopal mumbai trip still you can make another 250kms.four lane divided road bet Indore and sendhawa is fantastic,on some sections I touched 185km/h speed.I am not familiar with geogrhaphy of that part of MP,but I crossed two Ghat sections and the road cuts thru some reserve forest section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1996679)
The Bhopal-Khandwa road is supposed to be in good condition. A friend drove from Bhopal to Hyderabad (common road till Hoshangabad) and he found it good. Technocrat reported recently that the Hoshnagabad-Khandwa road is also god.

Driving from Bhopal to Nashik should take you most of the day.

Maheshwar-Ujjain: Join NH3 at Damnod and go via Indore to Ujjain. NH3 is a good 4-laner.

The best route to Bhopal from Ujjain is via Dewas and Sehore. From Dewas, it is a good 4-lane highway till Bhopal.

dear hv sir thanks for the info.does bhopal have heavy traffic or intracity jams?

while visiting sanchi vidisha is it ok to make bhopal as the base?is getting in and out of city easy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasant3 (Post 1998455)

dera vasant

is it better to stay at mpstdc at sanchi rather than at bhopal?is getting in and out of bhopal tedious?traffic conditions?im planning to see sanchi vidisha udaigiri and bhimbetka?any tips on must sees in bhopal?any good viewpoints in bhopal city to get a birds eye view?

regards

pg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasant3 (Post 2000176)

you are tempting me to make it to ujjain in a day!!!but i will be using nhc and not passat))

how is the road to ujjain via vadodara?

what if i take mumbai vadodara godhra jhabua ujjain?

any experience on this track?

what is the current state of mumbai vadodara highway?

regards

pg

pravdr,

I have no idea about the traffic situation inside Bhopal city, I have crossed it in the early hours and on occasions I have gone there, I did not find traffic situation bad unless you go into the old city area. But I leave it to those who know the city better to comment on the issue. When I went last, there was no proper bypass to go from Indore highway to Itarsi/Nagopur highway, although I saw that one could go north to Biaora without entering the city.

The road via Jhabua is one of teh worst you will travel in unless it has dramatically improved in the last 1 year. The good roads end at Dahod, the GJ-MP border. Avoid this route at all costs and stick to teh route via Dhule and Indore.

The NH8 to Vadodara is now plagues with traffic jams resulting from bad roads in Vasai-Virar area and the road widening that is going on till Surat. Expect delays of upto 1 hour from normal times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2005522)
pravdr,

I have no idea about the traffic situation inside Bhopal city, I have crossed it in the early hours and on occasions I have gone there, I did not find traffic situation bad unless you go into the old city area. But I leave it to those who know the city better to comment on the issue. When I went last, there was no proper bypass to go from Indore highway to Itarsi/Nagopur highway, although I saw that one could go north to Biaora without entering the city.

The road via Jhabua is one of teh worst you will travel in unless it has dramatically improved in the last 1 year. The good roads end at Dahod, the GJ-MP border. Avoid this route at all costs and stick to teh route via Dhule and Indore.

The NH8 to Vadodara is now plagues with traffic jams resulting from bad roads in Vasai-Virar area and the road widening that is going on till Surat. Expect delays of upto 1 hour from normal times.

thanks hv sir that was a valuable input.

regards

pg