Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:51   #1
BHPian

Visiting Tadoba!

Hi everyone,

Plan to visit the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve in the second week of August.

I would like the route information for this drive, including the best route to be taken and .

Plan as of now is:

Bombay to Nagpur. Information on best route and present road conditions needed?

Nagpur to Chandrapur/ Moharli. Present road conditions?

All information would be much appreciated.

Last edited by BolBolero : 1st August 2010 at 10:54. Reason: Adding text.
Old 1st August 2010, 15:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Visit this thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-4-tigers.html

Contact Dr. Abheek. You shall not be disappointed...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1995495

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi everyone,

Plan to visit the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve in the second week of August.

I would like the route information for this drive, including the best route to be taken and .

Plan as of now is:

Bombay to Nagpur. Information on best route and present road conditions needed?

Nagpur to Chandrapur/ Moharli. Present road conditions?

All information would be much appreciated.

Last edited by gd1418 : 1st August 2010 at 15:34.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:08   #3
BHPian

must go through the above mentioned travelogues and contact the authors, they'll help you.

Nagpur to chandrapur is a good road, you'll have to leave the NH7 though.

Be careful and do post the logs.
Old 7th October 2019, 15:24   #4
BHPian

Re: Visiting Tadoba!

Hello team. I am based out of Mumbai and humbly request your help on my visit to Tadoba Andhari Tiger reserve (TATR) which I am planning to do about 2 weeks later.

1. Is it worth going to Tadoba this month for tiger sightings in the first place ?? I totally understand that tiger sighting is purely a matter of luck in any case.

2. What is the current best route from Mumbai to Tadoba ?? My travel dates are from 19th October to 24th October 2019.

3. I would be driving my VW Polo Petrol and intend to start from Mumbai ( Mulund west ) on 19th October at 11 a.m in the morning and target to halt for the day at 7 pm in the evening. I don't want to drive after sundown purely for the reason that I want to explore this entire route in daylight.

4. Any recommended authentic website for safari booking at Tadoba ??

Any other pointers regarding the overall itinerary and Tadoba per se would be very helpful. Thanking in advance !

Regards,
Vivek

Last edited by vivek95 : 7th October 2019 at 15:26. Reason: Added date
Old 9th October 2019, 09:45   #5
BHPian

http://www.mahaecotourism.gov.in/Sit...eBooking1.aspx
That's the booking website. The safari bookings are not that easily available for the sought after gates of TATR. Do check before planning anything further. There are a number of gates from where Safari is available, your route will depend upon the gate. Also you do not have to come to Nagpur if you are travelling from Mumbai to TATR.

Last edited by inder : 9th October 2019 at 09:46. Reason: spelling
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 12:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
http://www.mahaecotourism.gov.in/Sit...eBooking1.aspx
That's the booking website. The safari bookings are not that easily available for the sought after gates of TATR. Do check before planning anything further. There are a number of gates from where Safari is available, your route will depend upon the gate. Also you do not have to come to Nagpur if you are travelling from Mumbai to TATR.
Thank you so much for the response and the link to booking Will keep in mind your advise and go ahead with the booking at an appropriate forest gate as and when I get more inputs on my trip. Well, I am very much keen on visiting Nagpur as I have never been to that part of Maharashtra and Nagpur being a major big city of our state, interests me even more. Had visited Nagpur as a kid 20 years back but never thereafter.

Either ways, which route would you recommend from Mumbai to Tadoba even if it means skipping Nagpur altogether ?? I understand you said, it depends on which entry gate I would start off from, but still, any recommendations from your side ??

Thank you
Old 9th October 2019, 12:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Hello team. I am based out of Mumbai and humbly request your help on my visit to Tadoba Andhari Tiger reserve (TATR) which I am planning to do about 2 weeks later.

1. Is it worth going to Tadoba this month for tiger sightings in the first place ?? I totally understand that tiger sighting is purely a matter of luck in any case.

2. What is the current best route from Mumbai to Tadoba ?? My travel dates are from 19th October to 24th October 2019.

3. I would be driving my VW Polo Petrol and intend to start from Mumbai ( Mulund west ) on 19th October at 11 a.m in the morning and target to halt for the day at 7 pm in the evening. I don't want to drive after sundown purely for the reason that I want to explore this entire route in daylight.

4. Any recommended authentic website for safari booking at Tadoba ??

Any other pointers regarding the overall itinerary and Tadoba per se would be very helpful. Thanking in advance !

Regards,
Vivek
Vivek - try the below details and reach out Ansari. Though I dont have first have experience in staying there, this will for sure add more inputs to your journey and planning. Please do PM me in case any need. My background was I planned some visit in May 2018, but never materialized due to some work issues.

Ansari M. Asif.
Mobile: +91 9850943322
Telephone: 022 - 40020174

Tiger's Heaven Resort, Tadoba
22 link Plaza Commercial Complex,
Oshiwara,Jogeshwari (w) Mumbai - 400102
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 15:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Vivek - try the below details and reach out Ansari. Though I dont have first have experience in staying there, this will for sure add more inputs to your journey and planning. Please do PM me in case any need. My background was I planned some visit in May 2018, but never materialized due to some work issues.
Thank you so much, I will check with that person And it's very kind of you, I will surely ping you in case I need anything. Hope your plan materialises too sometime sooner or later

Tadoba has been on my list since many years. Prima facie, will drive Mumbai--Pune--Nagar--Aurangabad--Jalna--(blank)--Tadoba. Waiting for someone to recommend a route with road conditions and also confirm if Mumbai--Nasik--Dhule--Jalgaon--Akola--(blank)--Tadoba option is feasible. Might as well try both routes separately during onward and return.

Last edited by vivek95 : 9th October 2019 at 15:08. Reason: Added places
Old 9th October 2019, 15:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Thank you so much, I will check with that person And it's very kind of you, I will surely ping you in case I need anything. Hope your plan materialises too sometime sooner or later

Tadoba has been on my list since many years. Prima facie, will drive Mumbai--Pune--Nagar--Aurangabad--Jalna--(blank)--Tadoba. Waiting for someone to recommend a route with road conditions and also confirm if Mumbai--Nasik--Dhule--Jalgaon--Akola--(blank)--Tadoba option is feasible. Might as well try both routes separately during onward and return.
thanks for your sincere wishes Hope you get the best out of the Tadoba visit.

One of the fellow tbhp well wisher gave me that no. I still remember, was so close to confirm booking. Have PM you my contact details.

regards
prsn
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to do a road trip to Tadoba from Bangalore early this March. Hence request you to suggest me on the following -

1. The best route from Bangalore - Tadoba (with suggested pit stops)
2. Suggestions on stay and safari

Cheers
Old 7th September 2021, 10:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to do a road trip to Tadoba from Bangalore early this March. Hence request you to suggest me on the following -

1. The best route from Bangalore - Tadoba (with suggested pit stops)
2. Suggestions on stay and safari

Cheers
Hi,
Did you manage to get this done ? I am planning for a trip in the upcoming summer holidays ( i know, its too early, but planning for 6 working adults and school going kids with everything else in between will take me a year easily). Trying to do both Tadoba and pench in the same trip, so any pointers will be helpful

Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 21:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
Hi,
Did you manage to get this done ? I am planning for a trip in the upcoming summer holidays ( i know, its too early, but planning for 6 working adults and school going kids with everything else in between will take me a year easily). Trying to do both Tadoba and pench in the same trip, so any pointers will be helpful

Thanks
Hi there,

Sorry the pandemic put all plans to rest. Though this is absolutely in our travel list it may not happen for at least another year due to other commitments and travels.

Hopefully the tables will be turned around and I will learn more from your experience. Please do keep us posted.

Cheers,
Girish
Old 15th September 2021, 09:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,

Hopefully the tables will be turned around and I will learn more from your experience. Please do keep us posted.

Cheers,
Girish
Sure, Will share details, as the plan finalises, as for us also, its almost 6 months to the trip

Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 11:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, Hopefully the tables will be turned around and I will learn more from your experience. Please do keep us posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
Sure, Will share details, as the plan finalises, as for us also, its almost 6 months to the trip
Here are a couple of relatively recent travelogues to help you guys in your planning:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...e-sojourn.html (Pench - Tadoba Wildlife Sojourn!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...le-royale.html (Bangalore to Tadoba : 2400 km, a few clogged arteries & a Battle Royale)

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 15th September 2021 at 11:32.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks