Team-BHP - Route to Lake Pavana, Near Lonvavla
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Route to Lake Pavana, Near Lonvavla (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/86428-route-lake-pavana-near-lonvavla.html)

Guys i Require Route From Mumbai to Lake pavana near lonavala as if we bunch of friends are looking forward to visit the place on 15th of august 2010.

I have heard that the place is quite good and scenic and also water in the lake is also clear.

and if any information about the place like hotel's and resorts in that area please share that information.

any BHPians visited Lake Pavana then please let me know the route to lake pavana.please:

By lake Pavana if you mean the Pavana dam reservoir then you can either take the road from Lonavala (not a great road ) or take a turn near Kamshet (Kale Colony I think) on old NH4 towards Pavananagar - this is a right turn if you are coming from Mumbai

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay (Post 2007379)
By lake Pavana if you mean the Pavana dam reservoir then you can either take the road from Lonavala (not a great road ) or take a turn near Kamshet (Kale Colony I think) on old NH4 towards Pavananagar - this is a right turn if you are coming from Mumbai

Agree. The Lonavala route (right at Kumar water park, while coming from Mumbai) might be shorter though. You might want to return via the scenic Kamshet route.
The place is good. I believe there is a boating facility as well, not sure if it is operating these days. Hotel Shantai (IIRC) on the other side of the gates is a good place for refreshments. Time permitting, you can think about visiting Lohagarh fort. The views from the top are quite fantastic.

Pawana lake is an amazing place! its very scenic. the only problem you gonna face is traffic in and around lonavala.. 15th aug is the most crowded day here. could give you directions for the lake if you want, Pm me! oh yeah, i live in lonavla!

To give you a little more detail, on NH4, as you enter Lonavla town (from Bombay side), there is a right turn for INS Shivaji/Amby Valley (there are signboards). Take that right turn, after climbing down the railway overbridge, you will see the road continuing straight into Lonavla town (right goes off to INS, Amby, etc). Keep going past Lonavla Railway Station and bazaar, and that road becomes the Pawana Road. The views are indeed spectacular, and the road goes on past the Dam to Mulshi and Pirangut (to Pune).

Yes you get fantastic views on this road - Tung fort is right across the reservoir/lake and Lohagad/Visapur and Tikona border this lake. If you have the time and inclination you can go up one of these forts - Lohagad is easiest to climb and even vehicles now reach upto Lohagadwadi - the base village (I haven't tried the road as I prefer to climb).

Like mentioned already, 15th is going to be extremely crowded anywhere and especially near Lonavala but if you don't mind the jams/crowds then go ahead - I made the mistake of going to Sinhgad once (10 years ago) on August 15 and could not even reach the parking. Since then I park myself at home on that day ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay (Post 2009035)
Yes you get fantastic views on this road - Tung fort is right across the reservoir/lake and Lohagad/Visapur and Tikona border this lake. If you have the time and inclination you can go up one of these forts - Lohagad is easiest to climb and even vehicles now reach upto Lohagadwadi - the base village (I haven't tried the road as I prefer to climb).

Like mentioned already, 15th is going to be extremely crowded anywhere and especially near Lonavala but if you don't mind the jams/crowds then go ahead - I made the mistake of going to Sinhgad once (10 years ago) on August 15 and could not even reach the parking. Since then I park myself at home on that day ;)

I went to pavana lake from tung side way back.

Very valid point @ 15th aug and lonavala area.
Swine flu is also in full swing these days.
Better keep away from crowded place.

are there any good resorts or hotels to stay overlooking the pavana dam. We are a group of 15 people from office who want to go for a overnite outing close to mumbai and pavana dam seems to be a very serene place.

Any leads might be really helpfull.

Thanks.
Raj

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2095316)
are there any good resorts or hotels to stay overlooking the pavana dam. We are a group of 15 people from office who want to go for a overnite outing close to mumbai and pavana dam seems to be a very serene place.

Any leads might be really helpfull.

Thanks.
Raj

No decent acco available there. Its hardly 30-40 km from pune.
Road till the village is good.
After that horrible road.
Be careful at the small ghat road(That goes to the dam)

Its a one day picnic spot. Not worth for overnight stay.

@Kalinga,

Point Noted. thanks for the update.:)

Any know how's the road from Kamshet to Pavana-nagar? Also how's the Dattawadi Road from Pavana Dam to Mulshi?
Planning a drive to Mulshi Dam and am wondering whether Paud Road will be better or via Kamshet to Pavana-nagar and then Dattawadi road? The latter option is certainly more scenic and I'd prefer it if its not too harsh on the passengers (will be driving an Etios Sedan)