Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2016, 21:00   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Gorakhpur - Nepal : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Using an old thread, of course. It seems no one here traverses this way.

Any updates on the formalities of Indian registered vehicle entry into Nepal?
Can't help you with route/s but as far as documents go, keep all documents in original including PUC. No sunfilms/tinted windows of any kind is permissible. You have to mention your stay days and where you plan to go etc..lots of agents found everywhere at border so not much of an issue.
Old 8th December 2016, 23:30   #17
BHPian

re: Gorakhpur - Nepal : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Using an old thread, of course. It seems no one here traverses this way.

Any updates on the formalities of Indian registered vehicle entry into Nepal? And which are the best and shortest route crossing points when you go from Faizabad/Basti to Lumbini? I have been considering a point called Khunuwa near Shohratgarh in Siddharthnagar District in UP, instead of Sonauli.

I have enquired with some drivers about the conditions of the road from Basti to Bansi and then to Shohratgarh. They will get back in few days with information, if available. What I want to know is also if we can enter Nepal from that point without much hassle.

Vip.
Although the India Nepal border is open without any travel document for the citizens of the two countries, there are certain restrictions now a days. When I was a student there was no policing at Indo Nepal border but now we see SSB on the borders. Once I went to visit Triveni in Nepal from Gorakhpur and I went to the nearest border at Jhulnipur via Nichlaul but the Indian SSB stopped my car and said you can only cross the border here on foot and for vehicles you need to go to Thoonthibari a distance of 15 kms. When I went to Thoonthibari I was told only 2 wheelers are allowed to cross the border and cars can cross only from Sonouli border. So I drove another 20 kms to Sonouli, crossed the border and drove backwards to Triveni from Nepal side doing an extra 70 kms.

I suggest you enquire if a particular border post allows the four wheeler to cross. If you have done the trip please enlighten the other members of Team BHP. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks