Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Coimbatore Road Conditions and Route Guide

Could someone help with the best route guide and road conditions prevailing now?

I’m planning a Hyderabad – Coimbatore – Hyderabad road trip sometime this month.

I have tried searching on TBHP but the latest I could find is an update from April 2009.

There seems to be primarily two routes from Bangalore i.e. via Mysore and Hosur.

Would appreciate help with regards to the best possible route including road conditions. Prefer a slightly longer route if the roads are good/very good.

Since, travelling with my son, will require inputs on places like good petrol bunks with eating and easing joints attached.

Plan to continuously drive to Coimbatore.
Leave Hyderabad at around 5am and reach Bangalore at around 2pm. Can I reach the outskirts of Coimbatore by 7pm?

Another point: I plan to drive in a Vista Quadrajet. Its done 10k service.
The last time I had taken it on the highway (before the 10k service) the car had a very funny feeling at around 100kmph and the brakes were quite not there. The car felt very wobbly during braking (this wasn’t experienced in the old Indica). I have not taken it on the highway after the 10k service. Just like to know from the Vista owners if this is a regular feature on the car or does my car require a through check before the trip?

Anticipating a few replies and thanking one and all for their time and inputs.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:27   #2
BHPian

Best route to Bangalore -> Coimbatore is via NH7 till Salem and via NH47 from Salem -> coimbatore.

Route would be :-

Bangalore -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Salem -> Avanashi -> Comibatore.

From Bangalore till Avanashi it is 4 lanes (2 lines in each direction) and smooth drive. Most of the route is signal free (lots of flyovers and does not touch any town everywhere bypasses).

Also good eating junctions are available between Hosur and Krishnagiri, Just before Dharmapuri toll.

Typical time taken is 5 hours to complete Bangalore -> Coimbatore.

From Bangalore till Salem bypass it is straight road (no deviations). Just before reaching salem bypass take the new flyover to reach NH 47.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Guys, use the following thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ip-update.html

All aspects have been discussed in detail.
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had done Hyderabad-Coimbatore about 5 months back.
Hyderabad to Banglore last weekend.The road upto Kurnool 4 lane.Kurnool-Gooty almost complete one bridge on the road towards Gooty from Kurnool incomplete.I almost hit the divider at this place because I could not negotiate as the signs and deviation sign was not proper in the night.I could manage to get away from a major hit.
Goothy bypass not ready.
Goothy-Ananthpur lot of deviation manageble.
Anathpur bypass flyovers not complete.
Anathpur -Penukonda one bridge and Penukonda bypass yet to be completed otherwise it is four lane.
Penukonda-Banglore four lane.
Bypassing Banglore you can go through some threads previously.
Banglore-Avinashi it is four lane through Salem.
Avinashi-Coimbatore take a detour via Annur it would be better.
Bypassing Banglore use this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
Most of the time when I do Hyderabad-Coimbatore I stop at Gooty for refuel and refreshment.Next stop at Hosur after the town refuel and refresh and proceed to Coimbatore.

Last edited by gajadonga : 3rd August 2010 at 19:52.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks hassanks for the quick and crisp reply.
Everything has been answered.
Since I'm driving from Hyderabad, the Hosur road makes sense. Just have to take the left at Hebbal junction and I have earlier done that route upto Hosur.
I hope I can make it in 5hrs from Bangalore?
Thanks again.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:56   #6
BHPian

Hi Ampere. I think I read that thread before I posted this one. I only wanted to get the latest update on road conditions etc., since the post you mentioned is of July 07 and has been kind enough to give me the latest.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmik View Post
Hi Ampere. I think I read that thread before I posted this one. I only wanted to get the latest update on road conditions etc., since the post you mentioned is of July 07 and has been kind enough to give me the latest.
BLR-CBE is frequented almost every by someone or the other. Also I think you just looked at the first page. There are many pages of discussions on the same.

As to status:

BLR-CBE is 4L all the way till Avinashi. After that its a single lane road, with lots of traffic.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:49   #8
BHPian

My mistake. Did not get to the end of the thread.
In how long you'd reckon we might cover Avinashi-CBE? Thanks.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmik View Post
My mistake. Did not get to the end of the thread.
In how long you'd reckon we might cover Avinashi-CBE? Thanks.
Quarter to one hour depending on traffic and time of day.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

There is another route to bypass blore while coming from HYD on NH7.You could try this route and its a very convenient route to bypass Blore's traffic madness.

Chikballapur-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Attibele.This is via the NH207.

I have a hunch that Kesineni which operates daily buses from Hyd to CBE takes this route.Might be a good idea to check with Kesineni for the best route as they cover the distance in close to 15hours.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Here is the one stop thread for all Bangalore by-passing,
(In case you are not planning to stay in Bangalore)

Check HVK's post.

Ranjit, the bypass you mentioned is a combination of 207, BIAL Road and SH35.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1955545

I will post a GPS track of this route some time later.

Last edited by ampere : 4th August 2010 at 23:34.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

From Devanahalli there is no need to go to Hoskote instead on the Devanahalli-Hoskote road after about 5kms you have to turn towards Budigere this road will reach you to Hoskote road from Banglore.From this road you have to go towards White field cross Sathya Sai ashram the flyover is complete over the railway crossing then proceed towards Varthur-Sarjapur-Attibele.From Devanahalli to Attibele is around 70kms.All this roads are good.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:46   #13
BHPian

Thanks ranjitp1. I may reach Blore at around 1 in the afternoon.
How much time do you think we'll save if we take this bypass?
Unfortunately I'm leaving hopefully at 430AM tomorrow morning.

Thanks gajadonga. Will try this route if I take the by pass. Just asked ranjitp1 the time it might save taking the Devanahalli bypass.
Old 13th November 2022, 05:12   #14

Re: Bangalore - Coimbatore Road Conditions and Route Guide

Route update from Coimbatore to Hyderabad. Travelled this road on 8th Nov 22. Route suggested and travelled is Coimbatore-Erode-Salem-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bommasandra-Bangalore-Anantapur-Kurnool-Jadcherla-Hyderabad.
Entire stretch is either a 4lane or a 6lane. Anyone can comfortably take this road. All the way the roads are in pristine condition. The stretch from coimbatore to banglore is traffic heavy. After crossing krishnagiri the traffic is much heavier all the way upto banglore.
Started at about 7:15PM from coimbatore. Initially checked the mysore road but it was showing approx 5-6hrs travel and again from Mysore to reach banglore another 3-4hrs. Since my plan was to start and halt at bangalore i ended up completing the stretch without a night halt.
Reached hosur around 11:30isshh. Since it was night i took the bommasandra to banglore airport road. I still had to wade through the banglore traffic strangely though, i reached banglore airport around 12:50AM for a quick bite. Took a good 30 min break to refresh.
strated around 1:20ishh from banglore and reached hyderabad by morning 7:30ish!
Incase anyone travelling during day time/peak hours id suggest to bypass banglore and take the NH207 via devanahalli! I took this road almost 6yrs ago but unsure how the present condition of the road is!

I covered a total to 2400km approx starting from Hyderabad-Bangalore-Chennai-Tirupur-Coimbatore-Hyderabad. (3 Nov - 9Nov) Drove my beast T-Roc and this one is hell of a beast truly! Only downside is the fuel guzzler which must have given me an avg of 8-9/L..thanks to the traffic from Coimbatore all the way to hyd! my return leg gave me a slightly higher mileage!
Safe driving folks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks