Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:26   #1

Google Doc listing places to visit in Karnataka...

One of my friends had forwarded this really useful excel sheet listing all the places to visit in Karnataka. What I really liked about it was it's comprehensiveness. It has information about distance, quality of roads, availability of food and lodging, best time to visit and even a rating. But the best thing is that, for each place, it also tells you which all other such places are at close distance. Really nice, if you are planning a detailed itinerary.

Anyway, enough talking. I have uploaded the sheet to Google Docs. You can access it here. No need to login.

I am also attaching the original excel sheet, in case some one prefers that.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Places_to_visit_in_Karnataka.xls (45.0 KB, 2308 views)
vikasnair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 07:03   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Google Doc listing places to visit in Karnataka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasnair View Post
One of my friends had forwarded this really useful excel sheet listing all the places to visit in Karnataka. What I really liked about it was it's comprehensiveness. It has information about distance, quality of roads, availability of food and lodging, best time to visit and even a rating. But the best thing is that, for each place, it also tells you which all other such places are at close distance. Really nice, if you are planning a detailed itinerary.

Anyway, enough talking. I have uploaded the sheet to Google Docs. You can access it here. No need to login.

Hope this helps.

Vikas, thanks a lot for sharing this XLS. I am pretty sure that it is helpful while chalking out plans to this region. I have a few questions though about how to read the XLS:

1. The "Distance" mentioned is from Bangalore, is it?

2. The "Direction" mentions a place and +- signs. e.g. "CB Pura ++" How to interpret it?

3. The "Food/Lodge" column mentions things like "B/A". Is that the grade of the hotel for food and lodging respectively?

Please let me know.

Thanks
SDP
Old 12th December 2012, 11:55   #3
BHPian

Re: Google Doc listing places to visit in Karnataka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasnair View Post
Thanks for the share. I believe this excel sheet is quite old and have been seeing this for few years now.

Probably we need to come up with updated version of this. HVKumar sir can help us

Inline answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I have a few questions though about how to read the XLS:

1. The "Distance" mentioned is from Bangalore, is it?
Yes, the distance is from Bangalore.

2. The "Direction" mentions a place and +- signs. e.g. "CB Pura ++" How to interpret it?
"CB Pura ++" = much after "CB Pura"
"Mysore --" = much before "Mysore"
"Mysore -" = very near (again before) "Mysore"

3. The "Food/Lodge" column mentions things like "B/A". Is that the grade of the hotel for food and lodging respectively?
Yes, its grade

Thanks
SDP
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks