Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 20:48   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Security situation around AP forests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
I think I should do a little more research next time before venturing out!! I just returned from a solo ride to puttaparthi and since I generally like to visit the jungles I went off road for a bit into the gangampalli forest area. While I didnt see any sign of naxal movement I definitely think its the most desolate landscape I have seen in a while. Additionally all these areas have only one road in and out of them so theres no chance of turning around in case you spot trouble.
Very true. The summary that I collected:

- Which ever you are traveling, Hindupuri or Kadiri, drive till Gorantla and then head to Puttaparthi.
- There is a shorter route from Kadiri to Puttaparthi. Not worth taking.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:52   #17
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No I am referring to the Madanapalle/Kadiri side of entrance and not the Bangalore/Bagepally side of it. Bangalore side is quite safe during day time.
Recently a friend took the Hoskote-Madanapalle-Rayachoti(Rayachoty on Gmaps, Gmaps shows Rayachoti in Kurnool district) to visit the Veerabhadreshwara temple. On the return, he made a quick visit to Horseley hills as well which was a 20Km detour each way.
Is this part of the route you had in mind ? Gmaps does not show any forests around this route so wanted to know.

Last edited by NPV : 11th August 2015 at 11:53.
Old 11th August 2015, 20:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Recently a friend took the Hoskote-Madanapalle-Rayachoti(Rayachoty on Gmaps, Gmaps shows Rayachoti in Kurnool district) to visit the Veerabhadreshwara temple. On the return, he made a quick visit to Horseley hills as well which was a 20Km detour each way.
Is this part of the route you had in mind ? Gmaps does not show any forests around this route so wanted to know.

No, this is not what I was thinking. I was basically thinking, for folks coming from AP side (I mean Kadiri) does it make sense to take the shorter route or coming till Gorantla and drive to Puttaparthy. I gather, latter is the better option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks