Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 21:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Jamnagar route and road condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi,
I am planning to travel from Baroda to Jamnagar to meet some friends next month. what is the best possible way to take? Should I go via ahmedabad? Do the road conditions allow one to maintain a constant speed of 100 kmph because many people here told me that one can easily cover the 400 km stretch in 6-7 hours.
Route via Ahmedabad is fast and fully 4-laned without any confusion or traffic congestion. Turn off the Baroda-A'bad expressway before the final exit onto the Sardar Patel Ring Road (20 kms after crossing the Reliance petrol pump) - sign will indicate Sarkhej/Rajkot. Rajkot also can be bypassed via the Ring Road and you can reach Jamnagar via Dhrol.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 23:41   #17
BHPian

Drmohit
Hi
In April I drove around northwest Gujarat,specially the Kutchh region.
The roads,including the secondary state highways are very good.Except some 30 odd kms near Porbandar and Diu.
As Sandy has suggested better take the main route rather than the alternate one.Wider road,more traffic.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 01:57   #18
BHPian

Take the route suggested by HVKUMAR and the others. Make sure to take Sardar Patel Ring Road exit for Rajkot or else you will end up in city traffic.

Roads are superb thru out and you can easily maintain decent speed without taking any risk.
Old 14th June 2012, 07:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Take the route suggested by HVKUMAR and the others. Make sure to take Sardar Patel Ring Road exit for Rajkot or else you will end up in city traffic.

Roads are superb thru out and you can easily maintain decent speed without taking any risk.
Yes I am planning to take that route only. Have heard a lot about the Vadodara Ahmedabad expressway. This will give me a chance to experience that too. I hope there are decent sign boards. Although I wouldn't mind stopping at KFC in Ahmedabad.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:38   #20

I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Jamnagar via Rajkot on 8th December in my Baleno ( converted to CNG). I was wondering about the road conditions presently and availability of CNG along the highways. I am expecting to have 3 refill stops assuming to cover approximately 800 highway kms to Rajkot- any suggestions on which would be ideal stops?

the route I plan to take is mumbai along the NH8 to Ahmedabad - then take left at the sardar patel ring road to hit SH49 towards Rajkot, rest for the evening and then travel on to Jamnagar the next morning. I plan to start early say by 3:30 - 4:00 am - what will be the expected travel time?

I have heard that Gujarat roads are the best in India though I myself haven't traveled by road there in the recent past. Any inputs on particular stretches to take/avoid are most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th December 2012, 23:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya08 View Post
I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Jamnagar via Rajkot on 8th December in my Baleno ( converted to CNG). I was wondering about the road conditions presently and availability of CNG along the highways. I am expecting to have 3 refill stops assuming to cover approximately 800 highway kms to Rajkot- any suggestions on which would be ideal stops?

the route I plan to take is mumbai along the NH8 to Ahmedabad - then take left at the sardar patel ring road to hit SH49 towards Rajkot, rest for the evening and then travel on to Jamnagar the next morning. I plan to start early say by 3:30 - 4:00 am - what will be the expected travel time?

I have heard that Gujarat roads are the best in India though I myself haven't traveled by road there in the recent past. Any inputs on particular stretches to take/avoid are most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
You are right about the route.
Remember to exit onto the SP Ring Road to avoid A'bad city - this is the penultimate exit on the Baroda-A'bad expressway where it is marked for Sarkhej/Rajkot.
Exit to Rajkot on SP Ring Road is also clearly marked.
In Rajkot, take the Ring Riad to get directly to the Dhrol-Jamnagar road.

Excellent roads throughout.
You can easily reach Jamnagar the same day, just 1.5-2 more hours from Rajkot.
You can reach A'bad in 8 hours (max 10 hrs with breaks), 3 more to Rajkot & you can be in Jamnagar before 8 pm in worst-case scenario.

CNG filling stations aplenty in GJ.

Do not forget to affix yellow sticker in your RHS headlight.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 11:05   #22
BHPian

I am planing a trip from Mumbai to rajkot next month. I plan to turn westwards from Baroda and use the Borsad route.

Is anyone aware of the current condition of this route?

Will the route via Ahmedabad Exp way be faster?
Old 16th January 2014, 13:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I am planing a trip from Mumbai to rajkot next month. I plan to turn westwards from Baroda and use the Borsad route.

Is anyone aware of the current condition of this route?

Will the route via Ahmedabad Exp way be faster?
AMD route better any day.too much of miscellaneous traffic till borsad,jams,railway gates,road works via vasad-borsad-bagodra.distance added is negligible while going via AMD and the rajkot ahmedabad expressway is excellent.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 14:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
AMD route better any day.too much of miscellaneous traffic till borsad,jams,railway gates,road works via vasad-borsad-bagodra.distance added is negligible while going via AMD and the rajkot ahmedabad expressway is excellent.
Thanks.

How much more longer is the route in terms of km? And how much time do I actually save?

Slightly OT: On return I have to go to Baria (a few km east of Godhra). Would you still suggest taking the Ahmedabad route on this way?
Old 16th January 2014, 15:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Thanks.

How much more longer is the route in terms of km? And how much time do I actually save?

Slightly OT: On return I have to go to Baria (a few km east of Godhra). Would you still suggest taking the Ahmedabad route on this way?
Should add about 40-50kms and save you an hour of driving time via Ahmedabad.

I would still vouch for the route via Ahmedabad on your return as you would get to drive on the 4 laned (almost) Ahmedabad-Godhra NH59 which is any day better-imho- than the state highways.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 21:15   #26
BHPian

Hey Friends!
Need urgent help on the best possible route (speedy) to Jamnagar.

I will be driving with my family (parents and other elderlies) and a driver. I have following two plans as of now which will get finalized only by tomo late afternoon / early evening.

Option 1 - Leave Mumbai by around 9pm tomorrow night (Thursday, 28th Aug)

Option 2 - Leave Mumbai by around 5am Friday morning (29th Aug)

I am not sure about any stopover on the way but even if it will be, it will have to be in one of the Jain Temple Complex due to some religious constraints. If someone has any idea around that too then nothing like that.

Some inputs on likely road conditions after some v.heavy rains last month, would be v.v.helpful too

Thank you in advance for all the help

P.S.: we stay at Mulund and i prefer driving at around 80-90 kpmh.
Old 27th August 2014, 23:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Leave mumbai at 5 am , cross Vasai - stop at the Mc Donald's at VAPI. Fill up at pump if needed and head to target the crossing at Bharuch before ten am . Then Baroda bypass - stop just before the toll ends to once again rest to freshen up - Ahemedabad bypass to nadiad and head to Jam nagar . Should be there evening ., average 80-100 kms . Or end journey at Ahmedabad and then continue.

Roads are awesome

Cheers
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks