Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 12:46   #61
BHPian

@rabjitp1
Yes.. Boarding train at Agra.
I heard roads are excellent i Rajasthan. Let me search some more posts for the travel time between Delhi to Bikaner.

With new plan
1st Leave Delhi at11am & reach Bikaner
2nd Bikaner to Jaisalmer stay
3rd jaisalmer stay
4th Jodhpur stay
5th Mt Abu stay
6th Udaipur stay
7th Udaipur stay
8th Jaipur stay
9th Jaipur stay
10th leave to Agra, sight seeing & board train to Hyd at 8.30pm

Looks reasonable now..
Tiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 13:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

This looks much better now, one more suggestion to add to the confusion

If you remove Jaipur 2 days, you would get more time in Jodhpur and Mt.Abu. Jaipur is easy to access by train / flight at a later date and requires a relaxed 3 days plan, lots of other options in and around Jaipur too. Just my thoughts into the pot....

@ issigonis, tiger & ranjitp1, what hotels have you have short listed in Jodhpur and Bikanir?

Got good reports for Sri Ram Heritage, Bikanir @ 1700/ CP +400/- for additional bed. Still not decided about Jodhpur, please let me know your choices. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
@rabjitp1
Yes.. Boarding train at Agra.
I heard roads are excellent i Rajasthan. Let me search some more posts for the travel time between Delhi to Bikaner.

With new plan
1st Leave Delhi at11am & reach Bikaner
2nd Bikaner to Jaisalmer stay
3rd jaisalmer stay
4th Jodhpur stay
5th Mt Abu stay
6th Udaipur stay
7th Udaipur stay
8th Jaipur stay
9th Jaipur stay
10th leave to Agra, sight seeing & board train to Hyd at 8.30pm

Looks reasonable now..

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th September 2010 at 13:46.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Got good reports for Sri Ram Heritage, Bikanir @ 1700/ CP +400/- for additional bed. Still not decided about Jodhpur, please let me know your choices. Thanks.
The best in Bikaner is RTDC. I have stayed there, had good experience, cgurukar stayed there 1.5 months ago, he too was impressed.
Old 5th September 2010, 18:49   #64
BHPian

Tks Ramkya1 & HVK..
Yet to decide on actual places of visit. Train tickets are booked & route is planned.
Will be great if you can help on places to see & Hotels to stay.
I went thru some of the theads here & below are some of the places of interest which we have planned to visit,
Havelis @ Mehrangarh,Jhunjhuna, Mandawa on the way to Bikaner, camel farm @ bikaner, Karni mata temple @ Bikaner, Sam near Jaiselmer, Dhilwara temple @mt abu,
Eklingji, srinathji temple, Ranakpur, Kumbalgarh, haldi ghati near Udaipur..

Final iternary will be decided by another week..
Old 6th September 2010, 11:46   #65
BHPian

My 2 cents here...am summarizing the places I stayed in on my trip to RJ in Feb ( if thats of any help). Had decided to stay in heritage hotels all through and looked for the best VFM. The experience was awesome to say the least.

All places have websites and searchable over Google. Just make sure to book the best suite for enhanced royal experience!! Pls check my travelogue for pics.

Jaisalmer : Nachana Haveli (book the suites on the 1st floor)
Jodhpur : Ratan Vilas
Bikaner : Bhairon Vilas Palace ( they have a room with leopard skins all over)
Ajmer : RoopanGarh Palace ( book the queen's suite)
Ajmer : Kishangarh Palace (book the honeymoon suite)
Udaipur : Inderprakash Haveli and Rampratap Palace
Mt Abu : Udaigarh. (not a heritage hotel but great location all the same)

Last edited by nix1976in : 6th September 2010 at 11:48.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:30   #66
BHPian

Tks Nix1976in.

Pl share link of your TL..
Old 6th September 2010, 22:58   #67
BHPian

Here you go...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rajasthan.html
Old 20th September 2010, 12:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

Rajasthan leg of the drive completed successfully!Thanx HVK,Ramky,Dhiraj,SS Traveller,Arindam,Ampere,Nainar,& a big thanx to my Maruti R-Class as well for pulling it through!!
Old 5th October 2010, 18:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

The travelogue is now uploaded at this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...than-m800.html
Old 20th December 2010, 20:39   #70
GRV
BHPian

re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Hi
I am planing trip from Gurgaon to Ahemdabad and back in last week of december. Going through a number of threads it seems it is strongly advisable to stick to Kishengarh - Nasirabad - Chittorgarh udaipur route on NH 79 rather than continue on NH8 from kishengarh. Is this still valid 9i.e. in Dec 2010 or they have completed the NH 8 ?)

What are good stay options around chittorgarh ? How is Bijaipur castle ? Alternatively I was thinking of staying at Kishengarh (start from Gurgaon) for the night and then drive non stop to Ahemdabad. Is this stay better or I should spend night near Chittor garh ?

Your advise is welcome

GRV
Old 20th December 2010, 21:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi
I am planing trip from Gurgaon to Ahemdabad and back in last week of december. Going through a number of threads it seems it is strongly advisable to stick to Kishengarh - Nasirabad - Chittorgarh udaipur route on NH 79 rather than continue on NH8 from kishengarh. Is this still valid 9i.e. in Dec 2010 or they have completed the NH 8 ?)

What are good stay options around chittorgarh ? How is Bijaipur castle ? Alternatively I was thinking of staying at Kishengarh (start from Gurgaon) for the night and then drive non stop to Ahemdabad. Is this stay better or I should spend night near Chittor garh ?
GGN-AMD can easily be done in a day if its an early departure from GGN.GGN-Jaipur would take you around 5 hours.Jaipur-Udaipur via NH79-76 would take around 6-7hours.Udaipur-AMD would take around 4 hours.

Roads are excellent.NH8 4laning is still not complete is very messy,stick to the NH79-76 combo.GGN-AMD is 4 laned throughout-its an easy drive.Plenty of options to eat and rest enroute.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

After the Jaipur-Kishnagarh GVK Expressway ends, and just before you turn off into Nh79 towards Bhilwara (before Kishangarh town), you will find Hotel Panaghat (on the Jaipur-bound direction).

In Chittorgarh, go into town and you will find Hotel Padmini Palace (high0end) and RTDC Hotel Panna.
Old 17th March 2011, 13:57   #73

I am planning a trip to Rajasthan towads the end of this month (March 2011). During planning, I saw that the travel time betwen Ranakpur temple to Kumbalgarh was stated as 60 to 90 minutes though the distance seems to be only 9 - 10 kms!

Has anyone done Ranakpur - Kumbalgarh. How is the road and how long does it really take to get from Ranakpur to Kumbalgarh.

Thanks in advance
Old 18th March 2011, 16:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajag View Post
I am planning a trip to Rajasthan towads the end of this month (March 2011). During planning, I saw that the travel time betwen Ranakpur temple to Kumbalgarh was stated as 60 to 90 minutes though the distance seems to be only 9 - 10 kms!

Has anyone done Ranakpur - Kumbalgarh. How is the road and how long does it really take to get from Ranakpur to Kumbalgarh.

Thanks in advance
Mate,

This could be misleading!!! I had the same notion and reached Ranakpur at 1:30, leaving that place by 3:30. I was driving, driving and it is all ghat section. Finally reached a junction and from there Kumbalgarh was another 35 kms. And it was already 4:30. So decided to skip Kumbalgar and drive to Jodhpur directly. I started from Udaipur towards Ranakpur and then drove towards Jodhpur.

After some discussion with the homestay guy in Jodhpur, what I figured out was, I should have driven back towards Udaipur and took a deviation at a place called Saadri towards Kumbalgarh, instead of driving towards Johdpur.

Nainar
Old 20th December 2013, 14:53   #75
BHPian

Yet another trip to Rajasthan

So there always seems to be a lot of work and no play!
I wanted to go on a long highway drive for quite some time. Finally, had to make the plan coincide with one of the family weddings.
Planning it real early this time, the points to cover are a little different than the last time.
The route is going to be similar i.e. Mumbai to Rajasthan, but covering a few more cities there than earlier.
So when I say "last time", this is what I mean - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-cng-trip.html
I won't be covering the CNG station details like my last travelogue, mainly because that is going to be the same.
So here's the plan.

Saturday, 11 Jan 2014 - Mumbai to Udaipur - Stop overs will be similar to the last time.
Sunday, 12 Jan 2014 - Udaipur Local Sight Seeing - Recommendations for places to see?
Monday, 13 Jan 2014 - Udaipur to Jaipur (Leaving in the midnight and reaching there early in the morning). Spending the entire day in Jaipur - Recommendations for places to see?
Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014 - Jaipur to Sawai Madhopur/Ranthambore - Tiger Safari. If anything else that should also be covered, please suggest!
Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014 - Sawai Madhopur to Udaipur - Go to an uncle's place and rest. If body permits, go for shopping in the evening.
Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 - Udaipur to Jaisamand. Cover the fort and the lake and leave in some time. Jaisamand - Salumbar - Aspur - My native. Stop overs to visit a few relatives.
Friday onwards - Wedding and then after a few days, back to Mumbai.

Experts, please feel free to provide your valuable suggestions.

P.S. The actual travel experience, the details, the pictures and all of that to follow once the plan is put into Action!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks