Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 15:58   #1
BHPian

Route query - Trichur to Krishnagiri

I am planning for a trip to Krishnagiri in Sept'10 and would be grateful if anyone could guide me the road directions from Trichur to Krishnagiri. Also details of any good hotels at Krishnagiri would be most welcome.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its one straight road.Thrissur-Palakkad-L&T Bypass(Coimbatore)-Avinashi-Salem-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri.

TCR-Salem NH47
Salem-K'giri NH7

4laned all the way from Avinashi to K'giri.Total distance of approx 350KMS,should take you around 6hours.

AFAIK,Velan International is the only decent place to stay in K'giri.They had a website,google it and you would find it.

http://velanhotels.org/

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 13th August 2010 at 16:11. Reason: Hotel URL added
Old 13th August 2010, 17:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its one straight road.Thrissur-Palakkad-L&T Bypass(Coimbatore)-Avinashi-Salem-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri.
AFAIK,Velan International is the only decent place to stay in K'giri.They had a website,google it and you would find it.

velaninternational.com | Welcome to velan international
ranjitp1, Thanks for the details and I shall take this route. Have you ever stayed in this hotel?
Old 13th August 2010, 17:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

No,I havent stayed in it,there is also a hotel TamilNadu ,a ttdc hotel in K'giri on the Chennai highway.Saw it once during my drive through K'giri.You can reserve all TTDC hotels via their website :::TTDC Online:::
Old 13th August 2010, 18:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

As Ranjit said no guidance needed! One straight road. Dont look anywhere and you will land up in Krishnagiri !
Old 13th August 2010, 19:14   #6
BHPian

Just to stretch the point - I guess he will have to take a left turn at Salem BP junction on NH7 - in any case, there are clear signages, so no chance of getting lost :-)
Old 13th August 2010, 22:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

One simple straight GOOD road from Thrissur to Krishnagiri. Here's the map for your reference.
Route query - Trichur to Krishnagiri-a1.jpg
What time are you planning to start? There aren't much good hotels unless you get into Palakkad or Coimbatore city. Salem has one, but with a little diversion on the highway. Thoppur has one, A2B, that is located on the highway, but then an hour or less drive from Thoppur, you can reach Krishnagiri. So be prepared for home food unless you don't want to get delayed.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What time are you planning to start? There aren't much good hotels unless you get into Palakkad or Coimbatore city. Salem has one, but with a little diversion on the highway. Thoppur has one, A2B, that is located on the highway, but then an hour or less drive from Thoppur, you can reach Krishnagiri. So be prepared for home food unless you don't want to get delayed.
Has anyone tried the Rajabhojanam restaurants near the Coimbatore byepass ? If I recall right, there is one near the entry point of the byepass on the Palghat side (on the right hand side of the road) and another one after the byepass on Avinashi road on the left hand side. They look quite decent from the outside, but never had the occasion to check them out.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:02   #9
BHPian

I can suggest an alternate route:

Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Andhiyur-Gobi-Sathy-Kovai-Palakkad-Trichur

This is a fabulous route, single with very less traffic. Try and enjoy...
Old 17th August 2010, 18:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Has anyone tried the Rajabhojanam restaurants near the Coimbatore byepass ? out.
Pls provide more details on the location; we'll give a try if its on the highway as I don't remember seeing this one during my last trip in Dec 2009. We'll try this place & provide your an update here. Tks.
Old 17th August 2010, 20:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
I can suggest an alternate route:

Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Andhiyur-Gobi-Sathy-Kovai-Palakkad-Trichur

This is a fabulous route, single with very less traffic. Try and enjoy...
You can also avoid Gobi. From Athani you can directly go to Sathy.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pls provide more details on the location; we'll give a try if its on the highway as I don't remember seeing this one during my last trip in Dec 2009. We'll try this place & provide your an update here. Tks.
You wouldnt miss the place,when you come out of the L&T BP towards Palakkad,you would find this restaurant on your left side,its next to a IndianOil pump IIRC.Earlier days it used to be called The Dhaba,but I guess the management has changed and hence the new name.The old place used to serve good food,(when I say old,this was a good 10years back!!!how time flies).
Old 18th August 2010, 01:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You wouldnt miss the place,when you come out of the L&T BP towards Palakkad,you would find this restaurant on your left side,its next to a IndianOil pump IIRC.Earlier days it used to be called The Dhaba,but I guess the management has changed and hence the new name.The old place used to serve good food,(when I say old,this was a good 10years back!!!how time flies).
Yes - that's one of them. There's another one within 4-5 kms after you leave the L&T byepass on the Avinashi side (i.e when travelling from Palghat to Bangalore). This again is next to a petrol pump (Can't remember which one - could be Reliance), and on the LHS of the road as you're travelling towards Avinashi.
Old 18th August 2010, 05:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Kala & Ranjith - Does it come in the L&T route when I go from Salem towards Thrissur? Last time I don't remember taking the L&T route. The road went straight from Salem towards Palakkad & infact, the highway was way out of Coimbatore city & it mentioned as Coimbatore - 14 Km towards right & Pollachi XX Kms towards left. There were 4 or 5 tolls & the toll charges were 31 or 39 for all 4 of them combined. Is this the route we're talking about or something else?
Old 18th August 2010, 09:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Kala & Ranjith - Does it come in the L&T route when I go from Salem towards Thrissur? Last time I don't remember taking the L&T route. The road went straight from Salem towards Palakkad & infact, the highway was way out of Coimbatore city & it mentioned as Coimbatore - 14 Km towards right & Pollachi XX Kms towards left. There were 4 or 5 tolls & the toll charges were 31 or 39 for all 4 of them combined. Is this the route we're talking about or something else?
Yes - that is indeed the L&T Byepass. (You pay a single toll at the first toll gate, and have to just show your ticket at the toll plazas at the points where the byepass crosses the CBE-Trichy road and CBE-Pollachi Road).

When travelling from Salem, the restaurant I mentioned comes on the right hand side about 4 or 5 kms before you enter this byepass, and the second one (the one that ranjit mentioned) comes on the left hand side just after you've crossed the last toll plaza .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks