Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Road condition - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Maihar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A generic question : How is Chidwara-Narsingpur-Sagar section ? Because if decent, that gives a good alternative to Seoni. Nagpur-Chindwara seems to very good as per reports.
Nagpur Chindwara Narsinghpur is in awesome condition. Its difficult to take a call between 2 lane scenic road or 4 lane road. If coming from South or East....... I would prefer taking Seoni route. While coming from Amravati or from Nagpur itself I may go via Chindwara.
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Nagpur Chindwara Narsinghpur is in awesome condition. Its difficult to take a call between 2 lane scenic road or 4 lane road. If coming from South or East....... I would prefer taking Seoni route. While coming from Amravati or from Nagpur itself I may go via Chindwara.
In fact I read in your TL only about Nagpur-Chindwara being superb but was not aware of the route up further. There is always a crib about the roads via Seoni up from Nagpur not being good. Hence was thinking this would be a very good alternative and head directly up north to Sagar. The idea was use this option to for going up towards North (Delhi/Agra/Gwalior) sector.
Old 1st December 2017, 20:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

I need to visit Maihar for my work. I plan to drive myself and take Pune - Jalna - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Maihar route.

I have travelled Pune to Nagpur few times and I know the route well. Can someone update on the present condition of Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur - Maihar route? Do I need to take any diversion? Where are good pure vegetarian eateries on this route? I will be starting from Nagpur at 8 am.
Old 4th December 2017, 20:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Drove Pune to Maihar taking the following route:

Pune - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Amravati - Nagpur - Seoni - Chhapara - Dhuma - Jabalpur - Katni - Maihar.

Road construction (widening) is in progress all the way from Nagpur to Jabalpur and then till Maihar (and beyond). Nagpur exit to Jabalpur entry took 7 hours including a short lunch break. Only around 60 km road is fully ready where you can drive continuously at 80 - 100 kmph. Else you will see diversion or broken roads all along the road. Major portion of this stretch passes through mountainous tarrian, which also slows you down. IMO, the condition will be same for another 1 - 2 years till all the construction is completed.

After Seoni, you will see Shreemaya resort on the left. It is a very good place to eat. Good food, good ambience. I could not see any other good vegeterian hotel.

Jabalpur to Maihar (167 km) took 3.5 hours including a 15 min dinner break just before Katni.

I am going to return to Pune next week. I was disappointed with the Nagpur - Jabalpur stretch. So thinking of taking the Jabalpur - Sagar - Indore - Dhuliya - Shirdi - Pune route while returning. It is longer by 105 km but shall be a better journey.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 13:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Returned to Pune from Maihar.

Disappointed by Jabalpur – Nagpur stretch (which is likely to be under construction for another one year at least), I took the following route:

Maihar – Katni – Sagar – Vidisha – Bhopal – Indore – Dhule – Malegaon – Manmad – Shirdi – Ahmednagar – Pune.

The route was good throughout and one can drive continuously at good speeds of around 80 -100 kmph. Take bypass for all cities. I missed Sagar bypass, by mistake and wasted more than half an hour cutting through the crowded narrow city roads. Indore bypass is under widening, so there is some traffic. But still the traffic is moving and I encountered no problem even in the busy hours of the evening.

I started from Maihar at 06:30 am and reached Dhule at 12 midnight. Started from Dhule at 06:30 am and reached Ahmednagar MIDC at 10:45 am. Took a halt an Ahmednagar sinace I had some work in Ahmednagar MIDC.

I took the breakfast at Rithi (you can get Poha, Samosa, Aloo vada), lunch just at the entry to Sachi (Hotel Jain Shree) and dinner after Indore, at Bhagwati Dhaba after Manpur. But Hotel Manaal after Bhatkhedi is much much better. I missed it in the traffic. The next day breakfast was at Shirdi; Hotel Vaishali, just after crossing Shirdi. This offers really good quality food and good ambience.

IMO, at least for next 1 – 2 years, Nagpur – Jabalpur route shall be avoided since it is under construction. The route I took is just 76 km longer than the Nagpur – Jabalpur route but it gave me good peace of mind, quicker journey with less fuel.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 21st December 2017 at 13:39.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 19:02   #21
BHPian

Am planning a drive to Bhedaghat and then onward to Bhopal & Indore.
Any update on the Pune - Nagpur - Jabalpur route? Especially looking for updates on the Nagpur - Jabalpur route.
Old 30th September 2019, 00:12   #22
BHPian

Drove day before yesterday on nagpur jabalpur route via seoni. There are lots of diversions due to road construction with diverted road in pathetic condition. It's better to avoid this route. Very tiring to drive on completely broken roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks