Hi Guys. I'm planning for a honeymoon trip to Mysore-Bandipur-Ooty and need a lot of guidance from fellow BHP'ians to plan my trip (ex-Bangalore).
I have gone through the package itinerary of various tour operators (5N 6D) covering Mysore-Bandipur-Ooty. But since I'm the DIY kind, I wouldn't prefer packaged tours.
To start off with, here are my requirements.
1. Mumbai-Bangalore- Mumbai by flight (I wouldn't dare tell my family that I want to do the entire trip by my own car. They'll freak out at the idea). So I'll do partial self driven trip (Bangalore-Mysore-Bandipur-Ooty). I've searched for flight tickets on all travel portals and the lowest return fare for 2 people that I'm getting is around 9.2k - 9.3k. Any idea if I can get a better deal anywhere else ?
2. I want a self driven vehicle (hatchback or sedan) for 5 -6 days which enables me to cover Mysore-Bandipur-Ooty. I need help in finding a car rental company in Bangalore which satisfies this self-driven criteria. Also it should be reasonable.
3. I need help in finding good hotels in Mysore-Bandipur-Ooty. Any suggestions.
4. The best route to follow from Bangalore to reach Mysore, Bandipur, Ooty and places to visit.
Also I'm planning to get a quotation for a customized tour from Nivalink. Here is a link Karnataka Short-break Itinerary - Mysore - Bandipur - Ooty
I'm not sure if I'll be able to go the partially self-driven way. But I'm keeping my options open and trying to compare all available options. I prefer driving on my own from Bangalore to other places so that I'm not at the mercy of the tour operators to see around.
What would be other fellow T-BHP'ians opinions (package tour or self drive from Bangalore) ?
All inputs in this regard would be really helpful.
Awaiting responses from fellow BHP'ians. seems like no1's interested in helphing me out :( please: respond guys.
The route plan would be as follows:
Bangalore-Ramnagaram-Channapatna-Mandya-Srirangapatna-Mysore, 150 kms, 3 hours
In Mysore, you could ideally stay in Hotel Ginger.
You could stay in Masinagudi. Try Nest Inn in Masinagudi.
Hotels in Mysore: Metrolpole/Regalis/Sandesh etc Metropole is very good (costly but good to start your married life!)
Bandipur: There are no options (Jungle Lodges JLR)
Ooty + Coonor: There are lots from Homestays, 5 Stars (Taj : Savoy, Gateway), 3/2 Stars Stars etc. (Sherlock/Destiny/Kingscourt) plus many many more.
What is the budget? Not much idea about rentals on self driven options. Others can comment.
Check this thread for info on various self drive agencies in blore.
You could hire a santro/indica etc from Hertz at approx 1200rs per day,and from autoriders at about 1000rs per day.The harder you bargain the better the prices become.
Thanks HVK sir. I checked out Ginger site and I think I'll be going for Ginger.
How long is the drive from Mysore to Ooty ?
Also, how far is Masinagudi from Ooty ?
You can check out the Masinagudi resort at Hotel Accommodation in Masinagudi, Resort Accommodation at Bokkapuram, Wildlife Resorts Near Mudumalai
Another hotel you can look at is Dasaprakash Paradise, yadavgiri. This is near Vikram hospital off KRS road.
This is slightly away from the city and has a nice restaurant (veg only).
In ooty, look at some lovely cottages at hotel Lakeview. They also have a restaurant which is good for both veg and non-veg.
Hope this helps.
Mysore: Please note there are 2 Das Prakashes. One near bus stand and one off the KRS road as coolfyre mentioned. You need to go this one (called the Dasprakash paradise)
I am doing the exact same route on Friday. I will be staying in Zest Danish Villa in Ooty. Its part of Mahindra Holidays and Resorts.
My Friend stayed there last weekend and it was highly recommended.
Check it out. I booked on Cleartrip.
Also, i need the latest condition of the road from Mysore to Ooty. How is it now? Had been on that road a long way back, even though i am from Mysore!
First of all Congratulations for your Marriage; as you are planning for a Honeymoon Trip.
I did BNG - Ooty trip in June.
Few points to add from my side :-
1) I would suggest to take Mysore - Nanjangud - Gudalur route (Than Masinagudi route). Gudalur route is good to drive, better roads and scenic also,
2) Road Condition around Nanjangud is bad (For distance of 20-22 Kms).
3) Being a rainy season, many of the spots may not be worth visiting. i.e. Kadanadu's view point or Doddapeth Peak (I hope I got the name right). Since, you can't view much due to dense fog / rains.
4) But, in Ooty you can spend more time in Botanical Garden or Lake or Around Coonoor or Even on Gudalur route (Two lakes on way & Shooting Medu / point).
5) In short, I would suggest you to choose the best hotel (with best views around); so that if weather doesn't permit to go out - you can spend a good time in / around Hotel. So, Sherlock or Hotel Lakeview might be a good option in Ooty.
Drive safely. New wife can be a real distraction on high speed roads. I experienced it the hard way.
Mysore Ooty road via gudalur is clear and good. The road closes at bandipur at night 830 pm. Plan accordingly
Why does every one want to do the same places for honeymoon?
Ooty / kodaikanal / munar is so old.
I would personally suggest you get stuck up inside a good home stay wwhere the owners dont stay around
If you are going to Ooty, try the high end places to avoid the mad crowds. Drive down to avalanche / emerald dam view point. See if you can get the DFO permission to go into avalanche / game hut area (road not so good). These are some places where you will really enjoy. If you like wildlife, then jungle lodges is best bet at Bandipur. try boating at pykarra lake while on way from Mysore to Ooty.
Try the wood fired pizza at nahar in ooty and the chilly cheese sandwitch at Kurunji oppsite nahar. try the pan from next to nahar
Mysore: Ginger is not an option for honeymooners. It is more like a self service hotel. Try ramanashree or president if you want to saty in center of city. Food for non veg (andhra style) is RRR. Try the food gulli / chat street during night
have a good time. Enjoy
@ Balan. Just want to confirm one thing. The route to Ooty from Mysore through Gudalur is different from the one from Masanagudi - Kalhatti?
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:43.|