Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2012, 16:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Cochin - Ooty Advice needed

I also intend taking a drive to Ooty from Cochin and then further to Mysore and at last back to Cochin.

Anyone can you pls guide me regarding the route suggested and most importantly the current status of the road. I am more interested on the pleasure of the drive. So scenic beauty, good roads and less traffic is priority.
Old 19th May 2012, 18:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cochin - Ooty Advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I also intend taking a drive to Ooty from Cochin and then further to Mysore and at last back to Cochin.

Anyone can you pls guide me regarding the route suggested and most importantly the current status of the road. I am more interested on the pleasure of the drive. So scenic beauty, good roads and less traffic is priority.
There are two ways.

1. Go via 4-lane all the way to Coimbattore and then take the Mettupalayam route to Ooty

This would be an easier route as it involves more of 4 lane driving. However the last section via Mettupalayam is traffic prone.

2. Go via Nilambur/Gudalur and then go to Ooty.

This is more scenic but involves lots of twists small roads and ghats.

To reach Nilambur, again there may multiple ways. I can think of two:

a. Kochi-Angamaly-Trichur-Kecheri-Pannithadam (Kunnamkulam BP)-Kuttipuram-Kottakal-Mallappuram-Manjeri-Edavanna-Nilambur-Gudalur-Ooty

b. Kochi-Angamaly-Trichur-Kunnamkulam-Pattambi-Perinthalmanna-Melattor (or Wandur)-Nilambur-Gudalur-Ooty

For both these options you need to get on to Guruvayur road at Trichur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks