Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 11:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
My friend took 2.5 hours to travel 18 kms from Nelamangala to Jalahalli junction 3-4 days ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
^^ Would also depend on where you will stay in Bangalore during your visit. If staying in South Bangalore areas, Magadi Road works for you else the good old NH48 from Nelamangala isn't that bad either.
We will start from JP Nagar. Going by HVK sir i guess it better to go via Magadi even if we early morning (5 AM) ...
Old 26th August 2010, 11:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
My friend took 2.5 hours to travel 18 kms from Nelamangala to Jalahalli junction 3-4 days ago!
Strange HVK but quite possible if all the bridges were closed and traffic was diverted from the service lanes alone.

This month alone I have taken this stretch more than thrice during peak evenings and it has usually been 30-40 minutes to reach Jalahalli cross from where I deviate left towards my location.

Last week to Pune, the section from NICE till Nelamangala was jammed but it took me about 45 minutes from here alone to reach the first toll towards Tumkur.

But trust me, the situation has eased a lot compared to what it was earlier and it is only due to opening of these bridges.

It would only be bad luck to get stranded in a jam here now as compared to those days when it was a normal everyday affair any time of the day/night.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th August 2010 at 11:52.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:55   #18
MX6
Senior - BHPian

R.R. I'd go with what Paragsachania says. Where in Bengaluru do you stay? Depending on that we can suggest a route to join NH48. West/ south bangalore clearly call for Magadi route. Any other part, then pray the nelamangala elevated tollway is opened before your trip (which are supposed to open this month end).
Old 26th August 2010, 11:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
R.R. I'd go with what Paragsachania says. Where in Bengaluru do you stay? Depending on that we can suggest a route to join NH48. West/ south bangalore clearly call for Magadi route. Any other part, then pray the nelamangala elevated tollway is opened before your trip (which are supposed to open this month end).
MS, RR will be put up in JP Nagar and it will make best sense to take the Magadi Road then.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:04   #20
BHPian

Yap I am starting from Ramaiah Garden, JP Nagar (you can put the same in Google maps to find the start location) and I guess this should be the route.

Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries-trip.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong ...
Old 26th August 2010, 12:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Yap I am starting from Ramaiah Garden, JP Nagar (you can put the same in Google maps to find the start location) and I guess this should be the route.

Attachment 413417

Correct me if I am wrong ...
NICE can be approached from Kanakapura Road as well as Mysore Road.

Early morning the roads through BSK and Mysore Road shouldn't be that big an issue but way back you might want to get down from NICE at Kanakapura Road and then get into JP nagar.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th August 2010 at 12:25.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Way back you might want to get down from NICE at Kanakapura Road and then get into JP nagar.
I will coming back from Mysore still the same applies ?

I have listed the places for lunch given by you fellow BHPians

Lunch Options:-

Belur:- Vishnu Regency (Biccodu Road), Sumukha Regency (Main Road) and Vishnu Prasad
Hassan:- Suvrana Regency, Shree Krishna (both Beg) and Jewel Rock (Veg/NV), Sri Krishna
After Hassan on Belur Road:- Hoysala Village resort

Any good hotel in Shravanabelagola for breakfast ?
ranjith.rajaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 13:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will coming back from Mysore still the same applies ?
Yes it does.

Quote:

Any good hotel in Shravanabelagola for breakfast ?

1. There is a CCD at Bellur cross attached to a HP Fuel station. This is after Kunigal and Yediyur cross and not easy to miss.

2. Just a kilometer and a half ahead after CCD Mayura on the left hand side. Again not difficult to miss the board.

Further ahead of this you will deviate to Shravanabelagola from Hirisave and hence I wouldn't talk about Kamat,Atithi and another CCD near Channarayapatna(Udyapura) that are located on either sides of the Highway since you will join back NH48 before Channarayapatna town after visiting Shravanabelagola and it will be brunch time them
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 13:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
1. There is a CCD at Bellur cross attached to a HP Fuel station. This is after Kunigal and Yediyur cross and not easy to miss.

2. Just a kilometer and a half ahead after CCD Mayura on the left hand side. Again not difficult to miss the board.

Further ahead of this you will deviate to Shravanabelagola from Hirisave and hence I wouldn't talk about Kamat,Atithi and another CCD near Channarayapatna(Udyapura) that are located on either sides of the Highway since you will join back NH48 before Channarayapatna town after visiting Shravanabelagola and it will be brunch time them
Does CCD (Cafe Coffee Day) serves breakfast with south Indian menu (Idly, Dosa etc) ? I have been to CCD that are located in the Cities which usually provides Coffee, Biscuits and some sandwiches.

If this is true then my only choice is Mayura thats after CCD.

Oops and Kamat it located in Channarayapatna ? then I have no choice hoping Mayura will match the standards of Kamat
Old 26th August 2010, 14:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ If its Veg, Belur does have a couple of decent restaurants for Lunch and Dinner - Vishnu Regency (Biccodu Road), Sumukha Regency (Main Road) and Vishnu Prasad - All these 3 offer South Indian as well as north Indian cuisine.

Hassan has plenty like Suvrana Regency, Shree Krishna (both Beg) and Jewel Rock (Veg/NV).

@ranjith.rajaram: Two things from my side:

The route shown is OK but you can hit Belur and then Halebidu and then take the road to Hagare (Which is 10 kms from Halebidu) and will hit the Belur-Hassan Road from where Hassan is 20 Kms. This is usually the preferred route.

Don't take the Hassan bypass to reach Belur Road and instead I would suggest you to take the route through the city and take right to Join Belur road at Hassan outskirts at Thanneeruhalla. This is because all those roads taking you into Hassan city from the bypass are in worst condition and taking the route through the city makes a lot of sense with just 10-15 additional minutes.
If you are going directly to Belur, better take the bypass and join Be;ur road at Tanneeru Halla. The road inside Hassan has deteriorated pretty badly and is in a bad condition after the main circle. Even though bypass to Tanneeru Halla is bad, it is a short stretch and can be managed slowly.

Quote:
Hi All,
Need a route check on a one day trip from Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur - Mysore - Bangalore.

Plan is to start from Bangalore at 6 AM 10th September reach Shravanabelagola and then to Halebidu, Belur visit temples and reach mysore by 9-10 PM and halt in mysore.

1) Please see attached screenshot and let me know if this is the best route.
2) Need to know the temple time in Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur
3) Good place of lunch @ Halebidu ?
4) After visiting these places can I reach mysore by 10 PM ?

Attachment 413235

Regards,
Ranjith
The route you have taken is fine and if you leave Bangalore early enough, you can make it to Mysore easily by 10pm

You can do this itinerary. Bangalore-Shravanabelagola-Halebid (via Hassan)-Belur-Hassan-Mysore.

Quote:
Does CCD (Cafe Coffee Day) serves breakfast with south Indian menu (Idly, Dosa etc) ? I have been to CCD that are located in the Cities which usually provides Coffee, Biscuits and some sandwiches.

Oops and Kamat it located in Channarayapatna ? then I have no choice hoping Mayura will match the standards of Kamat
If you ask me, Mayura is a better bet than the Kamat.

Quote:
Strange HVK but quite possible if all the bridges were closed and traffic was diverted from the service lanes alone.

This month alone I have taken this stretch more than thrice during peak evenings and it has usually been 30-40 minutes to reach Jalahalli cross from where I deviate left towards my location.

Last week to Pune, the section from NICE till Nelamangala was jammed but it took me about 45 minutes from here alone to reach the first toll towards Tumkur.

But trust me, the situation has eased a lot compared to what it was earlier and it is only due to opening of these bridges.

It would only be bad luck to get stranded in a jam here now as compared to those days when it was a normal everyday affair any time of the day/night.
Even I was stuck in a jam last friday on the Jalahalli-Nelamangala stretch while going to Hassan. I would still suggest taking the Magadi road for people from South Bangalore and people who use NICE road. Only the stretch in Magadi town is bad, rest of the route is good.

The situation will get worse in the coming days for people using the Jalahalli-Goreguntepalya stretch. the traffic will be diverted through the ORRs on both sides of the highway due to road widening. This is sure to become a mess.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 26th August 2010 at 14:05.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure as I never stop at CCD even for a coffee but have seen many BHPians jump with joy referring to CCD as if it is an Oasis in a desert. But yes, if cleaner restrooms is the question CCD wins hands down.

Quote:
Mayura is a South/North Indian restaurant and will serve you Idlis and Dosas and yummy as well. I regularly stop here for their Mini Idlis.

Quote:
What Standards of Kamat are you referring to? They are all franchisee and most of them I have seen on the highways just serve normal food and a couple of them maintained badly as well.

Try out Mayura and you wont regret and tell me your experience too!! They've got decent rest rooms as well.

I would've suggested Tatte Idlis at Kunigal but the place resembles a Tapri with no facility of restrooms. We've been stopping here regularly for spongy plate Idlis and crips vadas. Coffee and Tea aren't that good.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th August 2010 at 14:12.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:11   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not too sure as I never stop at CCD even for a coffee but have seen many BHPians jump with joy referring to CCD as if it is an Oasis in a desert. But yes, if cleaner restrooms is the question CCD wins hands down.
Thats the only reason (in bold), why I look happy when I sight a CCD.
A freshly brewed coffee is just a bonus !

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2010 at 14:12.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
If you ask me, Mayura is a better bet than the Kamat.
That sounds great.

Quote:

Mayura is a South/North Indian restaurant and will serve you Idlis and Dosas and yummy as well. I regularly stop here for their Mini Idlis.

I would've suggested Tatte Idlis at Kunigal but the place resembles a Tapri with no facility of restrooms. We've been stopping here regularly for spongy plate Idlis and crips vadas. Coffee and Tea aren't that good.
Ha ha CCD .... now I can understand why CCD has got upper had. I was wondering why all choose CCD on the highway. Its not for the food but to use the rest rooms. Being a Indian (South) I love to have hot Idlis and Dosa (Guess Northies will love their paratas) for breakfast rather than Bread, Sandwiches etc.

Then Mayura would be definite pit stop for breakfast
Old 26th August 2010, 14:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Wow... I am a great fan of street food.. back in Tamilnadu we call spongy Idlis as kushboo idly

I guess most of them would be aware of it.

Last edited by ranjith.rajaram : 26th August 2010 at 14:50.
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:28   #30
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

I am planning a Shravanabelagola-Halebidu-Belur-Chikmagalur trip this weekend and drawn up all the plans. However, I am not sure what route I should take inside Bangalore. I will be starting from Marathahalli around 6-7 AM, so what would be the best route to reach NH 48 ?
1. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Tin Factory - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
2. Marathahalli- Old Airport Road - MG Road - Malleshwaram - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
3. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Silk Board - Banashankari - Magadi Road - NH 48
4. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Sarjapur Road - Hosa Road - NICE Road -Magadi-NH48
5. Same as 4 but continue on NICE road till NH 48.
I think 4 will be the longest but will also give me peace of mind as i will be on the NICE road for most of the time and i will have the least chance of getting lost ( I haven't been to Magadi Road, Malleshwaram, Yeshwantpur areas on my car before ) . Any other alternatives ? What is the best route ? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks