Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 12:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Nagpur in Jeep Captain's Land Rover Defender - route planning

@kumar: If its not an expressway and still a part of North South corridor, can we safely say that the road quality will be good maybe with 4 lanes rather than 6. Also, I suppose it will have all city bypass roads in place.

You mentioned that sections south of Sagar are still in a mess. How about status of road from Delhi to Sagar and do you have an idea of the time required to drive down from Delhi to Sagar.

I am planning to travel between winter and summer next year, guess that gives the babus 4.5 to 5 months to the deadline. Do you think they are capable of working at that pace..

Cheers
Old 28th October 2011, 12:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
@kumar: If its not an expressway and still a part of North South corridor, can we safely say that the road quality will be good maybe with 4 lanes rather than 6. Also, I suppose it will have all city bypass roads in place.

You mentioned that sections south of Sagar are still in a mess. How about status of road from Delhi to Sagar and do you have an idea of the time required to drive down from Delhi to Sagar.

I am planning to travel between winter and summer next year, guess that gives the babus 4.5 to 5 months to the deadline. Do you think they are capable of working at that pace..

Cheers
It is 4-laned, with bypasses for all large towns.
Work is in progress in Gwalior-Jhansi section also.
You can do Delhi-Sagar in a day if you are a fast driver. If not, makes sense to halt overnight at Jhansi.
Work on these sections started sometime in the year 2001, so......you can judge the pace for yourself.
Old 4th November 2012, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Bangalore - Chandigarh Via Nagpur

Hi,
Using this old thread so that the thread count doesn't increases unnecessarily.

I am starting from Bangalore on early morning of 8th Nov(Thursday) and need to reach Chandigarh by Saturday. This is a sudden plan that came up just an hour back.. Since flight tickets are extremely expensive this time and getting a tatkal booking in train no better than winning a lottery ticket, we are thinking of putting the young Safari to test.

I would travelling with wife and two my boys 6 and 8 years old.
Here is the tentative plan:

Day1: Bangalore - Nagpur(1100 kms).
Day2: Nagpur - Delhi. This where things start getting tricky as I have heard of bad roads in this stretch. I would be needing you help and guidance to cruise through this part safely and comfortably.
Google shows one route via Jabalpur and another route via Bhopal. Which of the two routes should I take..
Or is there is a third option which I have not considered
Old 4th November 2012, 18:51   #19
BHPian

I think you are better of going via the golden quadilateral i.e. Blr-mumbai- ahemdabad- jaipur- delhi.
This route is certainly longer but also at the same time much faster.
Old 5th November 2012, 05:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us
Hi,
Using this old thread so that the thread count doesn't increases unnecessarily.

I am starting from Bangalore on early morning of 8th Nov(Thursday) and need to reach Chandigarh by Saturday. This is a sudden plan that came up just an hour back.. Since flight tickets are extremely expensive this time and getting a tatkal booking in train no better than winning a lottery ticket, we are thinking of putting the young Safari to test.

I would travelling with wife and two my boys 6 and 8 years old.
Here is the tentative plan:

Day1: Bangalore - Nagpur(1100 kms).
Day2: Nagpur - Delhi. This where things start getting tricky as I have heard of bad roads in this stretch. I would be needing you help and guidance to cruise through this part safely and comfortably.
Google shows one route via Jabalpur and another route via Bhopal. Which of the two routes should I take..
Or is there is a third option which I have not considered
Dont take the NS corridor.Facilities are very poor and many sections are still incomplete.Take the GQ route Day 1: BLR Mumbai Day 2:Mumbai Udaipur(or jaipur if you are ok driving 18hrs) Day 2:Udaipur(Jaipur)- Chandigarh(Go via Delhi its easier)
Old 1st September 2013, 10:36   #21
CDM
BHPian

Route info required: Delhi-Nagpur-Delhi

Does anyone have any updates on the Delhi-Nagpur route?

Am planning to do Delhi-Nagpur-Delhi towards end December. The plan is to halt overnight at either Jhansi or Sagar.

Since the trip is towards end December, I am expecting fog around Delhi and therefore, may not be able to leave at the crack of dawn and am unsure whether I will be able to make it to Sagar the same day.

Any other suggestions for the night halt? (Great if you could recommend hotels also)

Also, I have heard that the Jhansi-Lakhnadon NH corridor is now open. Is this true? If yes, does this make Sagar a viable option, assuming I am able to leave Delhi by 7-8 a.m. (will leave earlier if no fog).

Suggestions for halt on the return leg?

Thanks,

CDM
Old 25th April 2014, 19:52   #22
BHPian

Hi There!!
I am planning a road trip to Nagpur from Delhi sometime mid May 2014. Would like to to take Agra, Gwalior, Bhopal route covering a distance of about 1140 km. Or should I take the North South corridor. Delhi, Agra, Gwalior, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Sagar and to Nagpur route. Can you please tell me if laying of this route is complete. If I start from Delhi at 4 O'clock in the morning can I do Nagpur in a day. I have done Pune to Mt. Abu in a day covering a distance of 1050 km in my 7 year old Maruti Van back in 2009. This time I have Sx4 with me.
On my way back to New Delhi want to do some sight seeing. So starting from Nagpur would go to Amarkantak via Seoni, Nainpur, Mandla, Dindori and Amarkantak, and from there to Shadol, Katni, Pawal, Panna, Khajuraho, Orchha, Jhansi, Gwalior and to Delhi via Agra. Suggest me any alternate and a better route if there is any and put some light on it and also about the road condition on this route. Eagerly waiting for a reply
Old 26th April 2014, 10:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactgautam View Post
Hi There!!
I am planning a road trip to Nagpur from Delhi sometime mid May 2014. Would like to to take Agra, Gwalior, Bhopal route covering a distance of about 1140 km. Or should I take the North South corridor. Delhi, Agra, Gwalior, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Sagar and to Nagpur route. Can you please tell me if laying of this route is complete. If I start from Delhi at 4 O'clock in the morning can I do Nagpur in a day. I have done Pune to Mt. Abu in a day covering a distance of 1050 km in my 7 year old Maruti Van back in 2009. This time I have Sx4 with me.
On my way back to New Delhi want to do some sight seeing. So starting from Nagpur would go to Amarkantak via Seoni, Nainpur, Mandla, Dindori and Amarkantak, and from there to Shadol, Katni, Pawal, Panna, Khajuraho, Orchha, Jhansi, Gwalior and to Delhi via Agra. Suggest me any alternate and a better route if there is any and put some light on it and also about the road condition on this route. Eagerly waiting for a reply
I would prefer the NS Corridor, though I must admit that I do not have the latest knowledge about the Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi portion. Other wise the road is in good condition. You may refer to this thread for some details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-further.html

Delhi Nagpur in a day is not possible, you need to break either at Jhansi or Sagar.

Another route to reach Amarkantak from Nagpur would be Nagpur-Raipur-Bilaspur-Amarkantak.
Old 26th April 2014, 13:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I would prefer the NS Corridor, though I must admit that I do not have the latest knowledge about the Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi portion. Other wise the road is in good condition. You may refer to this thread for some details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-further.html

Delhi Nagpur in a day is not possible, you need to break either at Jhansi or Sagar.

Another route to reach Amarkantak from Nagpur would be Nagpur-Raipur-Bilaspur-Amarkantak.
I think you are right. Sagar would be the place to give a night halt after a drive of about 678 km or so from Delhi as the roads ahead are not good as per the link you sent me. Night driving would not be advisable, especially when one is driving there for the first time.
Is there any decent place to stay at sagar.
Old 26th April 2014, 14:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you are right. Sagar would be the place to give a night halt after a drive of about 678 km or so from Delhi as the roads ahead are not good as per the link you sent me. Night driving would not be advisable, especially when one is driving there for the first time.
Is there any decent place to stay at sagar.
The member in the above link had stayed in Hotel Deepali Residency, it seems good enough and is near the highway. There is also Hotel Paradise at Sagar, but Tripadvisor has mixed reviews about the same.
Old 27th April 2014, 15:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi There!!
Delhi Nagpur in a day is wishful thinking imo.Delhi-Sagar can be day 1 and Sagar-Nagpur on day 2.
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:37   #27
BHPian

This post by me is pretty late with regards to my post inquiring if delhi - nagpur is doable in a day. Well, I am happy to say to you all, that I undertook this trip as scheduled and started from Delhi at 4 O'clock in the morning and drove all way thru North South corridor and reached at 8.30 in the evening the same day. The road condition was fantastic barring the Agra-Jhansi stretch. My maximum speed during the drive was 120kmoh at times, but generally drove at 90-100 kmph. Best of luck to all those who wants to do delhi-nagpur in a day. It is not herculean to do it in a day.

Last edited by contactgautam : 2nd August 2015 at 09:39. Reason: spelling mistake
contactgautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 17:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
This post by me is pretty late with regards to my post inquiring if delhi - nagpur is doable in a day. Well, I am happy to say to you all, that I undertook this trip as scheduled and started from Delhi at 4 O'clock in the morning and drove all way thru North South corridor and reached at 8.30 in the evening the same day. The road condition was fantastic barring the Agra-Jhansi stretch. My maximum speed during the drive was 120kmoh at times, but generally drove at 90-100 kmph. Best of luck to all those who wants to do delhi-nagpur in a day. It is not herculean to do it in a day.
Last monsoon Rahul Roy from Delhi also drove down to Nagpur in 1 day driving solo in his Fortuner.
Old 20th May 2023, 06:41   #29
BHPian

I see there has been no post in this thread in last 7 years but any 2023 recommendations for route from Delhi to nagpur?
Old 22nd May 2023, 09:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I see there has been no post in this thread in last 7 years but any 2023 recommendations for route from Delhi to nagpur?
The N-S corridor has only improved. It would be Yamuna E-Way-Agra bypass-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Seoni-Nagpur.

Recent accounts can be found in the Hyderabad-Delhi thread (Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks