Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 15:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Budget vacation - Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Plus, one of my colleagues had been to Goa recently during the long weekend (Jan 26th) and they were charged 700 per day for a bike... Were they cheated or do rates vary based on dates / seasons?
Looks like you friends took a ride as well as were taken for a ride. Peak season you should be able rent activa for about 200-250/day (fuel extra).

Again it totally depends on the type of bike as well. remember that you can get a car for abt 1K/day as well.
Old 8th February 2012, 18:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Plus, one of my colleagues had been to Goa recently during the long weekend (Jan 26th) and they were charged 700 per day for a bike... Were they cheated or do rates vary based on dates / seasons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Looks like you friends took a ride as well as were taken for a ride. Peak season you should be able rent activa for about 200-250/day (fuel extra).

Again it totally depends on the type of bike as well. remember that you can get a car for abt 1K/day as well.
Rs 700 is high even if it for Republic day weekend. Rates during Christmas is generally high.

Gone are the days of Rs 200 -250 per day especailly in Baga/Calangute/Anjuna/vagator/Arambol stretch. Same with Beanulim/Colva. You may get the bikes cheaper in deep south around Palolem by Rs 50. The bike rentals are in the range of Rs 400 and above except possibly during monsoons
Old 8th February 2012, 18:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Rs 700 is high even if it for Republic day weekend. Rates during Christmas is generally high.

Gone are the days of Rs 200 -250 per day especailly in Baga/Calangute/Anjuna/vagator/Arambol stretch. Same with Beanulim/Colva. You may get the bikes cheaper in deep south around Palolem by Rs 50. The bike rentals are in the range of Rs 400 and above except possibly during monsoons
I rented from south goa near club mahindra. The taxi guys outside were charging minimum 1K for a trip to anywhere. So struck a deal with the bike rental guy for activa. He said 250. I said need it for 3 hrs and he gave it for 150. This was in 2010
Old 8th February 2012, 18:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
I rented from south goa near club mahindra. The taxi guys outside were charging minimum 1K for a trip to anywhere. So struck a deal with the bike rental guy for activa. He said 250. I said need it for 3 hrs and he gave it for 150. This was in 2010
The price i am talking is for one full day and not for three hours.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:18   #50
BHPian

Hey guys, a couple of friends and I will be travelling to Goa on the 28th of this month and we'd be reaching the Madgaon railway station at around 3AM. Our stay is at Candolim and I'd like to know if there are any bike/car rental shops near the railway station. Also since we're reaching at 3AM, would any of these be open?
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:22   #51
BHPian

Hey guys, a couple of friends and I would be travelling to Goa on the 28th of this month and we'd be reaching Madgaon railway station at 3AM.
What I'd like to know is whether there are any car/bike rental shops near the railway station and would they be open around that time since it's really early in the day?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 25th November 2013, 22:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Hey guys, a couple of friends and I will be travelling to Goa on the 28th of this month and we'd be reaching the Madgaon railway station at around 3AM. Our stay is at Candolim and I'd like to know if there are any bike/car rental shops near the railway station. Also since we're reaching at 3AM, would any of these be open?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Hey guys, a couple of friends and I would be travelling to Goa on the 28th of this month and we'd be reaching Madgaon railway station at 3AM.
What I'd like to know is whether there are any car/bike rental shops near the railway station and would they be open around that time since it's really early in the day?
I dont think there are any car/bike rental shops close to the railway station, but you may find guys standing at the station willing to rent out bikes or you will find taxi cabs at the station. That said, you mentioned that you will be arriving at about 3 am. It is very likely that these touts will charge you a huge amount, given the time of your arrival.

I would suggest that you take a prepaid cab to Candolim and take a bike on rental over there. You will have plenty of offers in and around Candolim and you could have the bikes at cheaper rates as well.
misquitas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 16:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
No buddy, thats the time everyone would have hit the bed after a night of heavy partying (christmas/new year week) .
I would suggest you stay put in the railway station till sunrise and then try finding a cab/bus. Alternatively, booking a cab in advance would be a good idea. But, Im sure you wouldnt find any succour at that time of the night at Madgaon.

Does any one know of any beach huts (contact details/review/feedback/recommendation) in north goa? Specifically in the arambol-ashwem-morjim stretch. Or in the Vagator-Anjuna stretch. Any inputs would be helpful. Thanx

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th November 2013 at 17:03. Reason: back to back posts.
pokerface23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks