Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 22:22   #31
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your inputs. Have returned from a short but enjoyable trip to Wayanad. Have posted a travelogue with the details. In short, road conditions are good apart from the stretch of 25-30 Kms between Mysore and Nanjangud which is full of small potholes.

Cheers.
Peets.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
They are. The man who owns and runs the place is Mr. Vanchinathan who has gained estate experience from places like South Africa. He is also a wildlife enthusiast. He takes personal care in ensuring that his guests are comfortable (he took the pains of getting Vathalkuzhambu from his house when my 5 year old wanted only that along with his curd rice at dinner). He would be there at the restaurant every morning helping his guests chart their routes and would also give local contact numbers for emergencies. He knows most of the other estate owners and a good number of the Homestay owners too. He takes his guests out on morning walks through the estate. And what more if you are driving a big vehicle, he takes care of parking it himself as the parking lot is a little away from the resort and has a tricky driveway. Overall I found it as a resort that works like a homestay.
Old 8th August 2012, 17:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road condition: Bangalore - Wayanad (via Mysore)

I am driving from Banagalore to Wayanad - Kuruva Islands on Friday. Route planned Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Hunsur - Nagerhole - Thoalpetty - Kattikulam - Kuruva (Pepper Green Resort). I am bit worried about the heavy rains lashing that part of Kerala last few days, will be great if any recent update on the road situation can be provided
Old 1st September 2013, 10:52   #34
BHPian

Can someone update on the latest weather conditions at wayanad. Is it raining heavily? I plan to go to wayanad on 7th sept weekend.
Old 6th September 2013, 00:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

^^ Had the same query.

How are the roads from Gundlupet to Sultan Bathery to Kalpetta ?
Old 6th September 2013, 01:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Can someone update on the latest weather conditions at wayanad. Is it raining heavily? I plan to go to wayanad on 7th sept weekend.
Not raining too heavily, but not entirely dry either - you do have occasional rains.

I'm also travelling to Kalpetta on Saturday morning (and back on Sunday). So if you see a red Figo with LCLC stickers at the back somewhere on the way (I'll be taking the NH209 route both ways) or in Kalpetta, please do say hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
^^ Had the same query.

How are the roads from Gundlupet to Sultan Bathery to Kalpetta ?
Except for the speed breakers in the forest stretch and the 3 trenches (remnants of speed breakers removed) that have not yet been filled the Gundlupet - Kalpetta stretch continue to be in excellent condition except for some slight breakup at a few places between Bathery and Kalpetta, but nothing serious.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 05:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Not raining too heavily, but not entirely dry either - you do have occasional rains.

I'm also travelling to Kalpetta on Saturday morning (and back on Sunday). So if you see a red Figo with LCLC stickers at the back somewhere on the way (I'll be taking the NH209 route both ways) or in Kalpetta, please do say hello.
Thanks. I'll be reach Wayanad on Saturday, and return on Monday. Planning to take NH209 as usual
Old 12th September 2013, 13:53   #38
BHPian

Wanted to know which of the following roads are better given the current condition.

Bangalore to Waynad NH 17 & NH 212 OR NH209 & NH212... which road is better
Old 12th September 2013, 14:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Wanted to know which of the following roads are better given the current condition.

Where does NH17 come to play ? I think you may be referring to SH17 (Mysore road).

Best option : NH209 till Chamarajanagar, SH to Gundlupet and NH212 there on.
Old 12th September 2013, 14:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post

I am not good with the numbers.

Wayanad (S.Bathery)-Gundelpet-Mysore-Bangalore is in good shape. Just watch out for a couple of deep trenches (supposedly speed breakers) in the forest Muthanga-Bandipur stretch.
Old 12th September 2013, 16:41   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the best road to take to Wayanad. It is a combination of NH 209- SH 81- NH 212. Else you can take SH -17 - NH 212 (Bangalore - Mysore - Gundelpet) route also, however this road has heavy traffic till Mysore and countless speed breakers.
Road condition is good across.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Wayanad last week. NH209 -> SH -> NH212 is best bet. NH212 is great all the way from Gundlupet to Sultan Bathery and Kalpetta/Vythiri.

The SH from Chamarajnagar to Gundlupet has patches of rough surface, and a few small potholes here and there, but quite navigable.

It was raining in Wayanad a good bit.

@jeeva, yes, there are 2-3 really deep trenches which need to be carefully navigated (seems man-made channels) :-( Road surface itself is super.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 12th September 2013 at 18:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks