Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:49   #61
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
How many km of bad patches? 150 kms? Or is it 2-3 km stretches of bad patches and innumerable of them?

Btw, where are you now? Overnight at Bangalore or are you proceeding further?
Over all 3 to 5 kms of bad roads spread over 150 kms. (Patches).
Now i am in BNG E-city. Will start for kerala on Tuesday early morning.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

I Have done Delhi to TVM, but in two legs with a gap of about 1 Year. I started from Gole Market New Delhi at 4 PM on 22 Jan 2008, Reached Hyderabad on 24th at 5 AM. The route i took was

Delhi--> Mathura--> Agra--> Gwalior --> Guna--> Bhopal--> Nagpur-->Hyderabad.

This was done with a 4 hour power nap on the first day and normal food and bio breaks. I did this trip in a carb esteem and was with dad. The car over heated after 30 minutes of leaving home, we found out the radiator fan was not working, after replacing a fuse we were back on road and no issues after that. I did not carry a lot of cash as i was little afraid, but on 22nd the HDFC bank was undergoing a systems upgrade and not even a single ATM was working, could neither use other ATMs as the main server was down. luckily i had enough fuel to cross the state and things were fine. the route was fine with bad roads between Bhopal and Nagpur and between Nagpur and HYD as the highway was under construction.

The second leg was on 13th April 2009, I started at 8pm on 13th and reached Trissur on 14th 2pm

Hyderabad--> Bangalore--> metur--> Coimbatore--> Pallakkad--> Trichur and trichur--> Cochin--> TVM on 15th March.

The roads were bad between hyd and bangalore intermittently, car was a mitsu lancer again luckily 0% breakdowns. My advise would be to carry enough cash for two tank fulls and some reserve for food, have more than one keys for the car and keep them with other passengers. leave early and call it a day by 7-8pm max, never do night long drives if you are with family, i learned this in the most expensive way, i was waiting at a signal in Agra and a truck rammed into our car from behind, reason he said he could not see our car. Carry a few utilities like a can of petrol, a can of water, towing rope 2 tyre tubes other than the spare tyre, a packet of turmeric some tools for emergency breakdown situation and keep your jack rod under the drivers seat, trust me it gives you a lot of confidence

pramod
Old 7th October 2010, 06:37   #63
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Drove our last leg - Bng - Kerala on 5th morning. Started 5th morning and reached Destination - Pandalam - 4 Pm. Roads till Dindigul is super fast. Post Dindigul to Teni then to Kumili is two lane undivided with medium traffic. Road condition is ok. I has to cross 4 small towns and is time consuming.

Bng - Dindigul - 4 hrs
Dindigul - Kumili (Kerala border) - 2 hrs
Kumili - Pandalam - Via Tengana - 4 hrs

Roads from Kumili towards kottayam has lots of pot holes. Kumili Ghats section is also bad. Over all drive was good and scenic.

Hence my longest drive has completed. No trouble form my Baleno for the whole trip.
Will post the drive logs and other details soon.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:21   #64
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Trip summary.

Total distance Traveled - 3251
Driving Time - 46 hrs.
Fuel - 225.68 L @ Rs 12440/-
Toll - 1929/-
Milage - 14.40.
Best Average - Jaipur - Udaipur - 15.9 km/l
Worst Average - Surat - Panvel - 12 km/l

Rest details of petrol pumps and tolls will update soon.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

The only question i have is, how is your back? today i did a tvm- cochin tvm total 480kms and my back hurts

Pramod
Old 29th October 2010, 12:17   #66
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the log of our Delhi - Kerala Trip.

Delhi_to_Kerala_via_Udaipur,bombay,pune,banglore,dindigul,teni,kumili_Final_Log.xls
Old 29th October 2010, 15:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey! thanks for sharing this detailed information. It can help me next month as I am planing a trip in next two months (Churu-Jaipur-Bangalore)
Old 28th December 2010, 09:24   #68

Re: Delhi - Kerala - Family road trip in Baleno - Completed Oct - 1-5th - 46 hrs/3300

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Attaching the log of our Delhi - Kerala Trip.

Attachment 445941
Thanks v&v for the detailed log. I am planning a Mumbai-Bang-EKM trip in May. This will definitely help

The traffic in the Ghodbunder road is due to flyover construction. They have decided to construct all flyovers at once causing the chaos
Old 28th December 2010, 09:37   #69
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Kerala - Family road trip in Baleno - Completed Oct - 1-5th - 46 hrs/3300

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Hey! thanks for sharing this detailed information. It can help me next month as I am planing a trip in next two months (Churu-Jaipur-Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvinayakam View Post
Thanks v&v for the detailed log. I am planning a Mumbai-Bang-EKM trip in May. This will definitely help

The traffic in the Ghodbunder road is due to flyover construction. They have decided to construct all flyovers at once causing the chaos
Welcome guys. Do pm me in case of any clarification.
its only for team-bhp and Bhpians i could even dare to do such trips.
Team-Bhp Rocks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks