Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 15:14   #1
BHPian

Coimbatore-BLR-Mysore-Calicut-Coimbatore

Recently took my TATA Indigo Manza for a spin.
My route:
Coimbatore-Bangalore (Via Salem, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Hosur etc), bypass route - Mysore - Kalpetta - Calicut-Thrissur-Palghat-Coimbatore.
The road to Bangalore is fine. The single carriage way from Coimbatore until Avinashi is little pain due to traffic.
There after the dual carriage way is an enjoyable drive. Only nuisance is the hevay vehicle slike loaded trucks, government buses occupy the high speed lane, moving at a very slow pace & we need to overtake on left as we do for left hand drive. To add more nuisance, there are lot of 3/4 wheeler pick-up diesel tempo / micro van fully loaded & occupying the high speed lane. On the slow speed lane, it is scattered with 2-wheeler having their own fun! It was bit tricky to drive for me.
From Mysore to Nenjangude, the roads are very bad with lots of pot holes & progress is very slow.
Later part until Kalpetta the road is fine, with occasional pot holes patches due to recent rains.
Kalpetta- Calicut is aso fine except at very badly damaged ghat section, especially at the hairpin bends. The truck drivers, Malabar transport & other motorist were little ruthless at thesse point causing serious hazard. Only esacpe is to do defensive drive stay away from these characters.
Calicut to Thrissur was fine, with few tolerable road patched works.
Thrissur-Palkkad-Coimbatore---> stay away for some time until the road is restored. Its a pain driving!
This is based on my last week trip.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks