Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 18:02   #1

Delhi to Kasauli (Himachal) road condition

I am planning to drive upto Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh this long weekend (Friday is off for me).

I would like to get some feedback on the road conditions considering the kind of monsoon we have seen this time in the north.

The route I am planning to take would be NH1 till Ambala, then NH22 via Chandigarh and finally Parwanoo till Kasauli.

Any feedback on the road conditions, stopover ideas and places to stay in Kasauli would be greatly appreciated.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Upto Parwanoo, road condition is fine except for the heavy traffic and bottlenecks caused by road widening till Ambala. I have no idea about the road after Parwanoo.
Old 9th September 2010, 00:10   #3
BHPian

The roads usually fine. No real issues ever unless something major happens. It can take anything from 5hrs to 8hrs depending upon you luck and stoppages. Nice places to stay are kasauli resort if you like conventional places. The hptdc ros common is nice but my fav is hotel alicia near the church.

Enroute nice places to stop are sukhdev dhaba,murthal for yummy paranthas. Dharampur has giani da dhaba and colonel's kebabs both with their benefits and shortcomings.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:53   #4
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Kasauli (Himachal) road condition

Guys, can someone suggest some good hotel name in Kasauli. Also how is the road now a days.
Old 24th December 2010, 15:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Guys, can someone suggest some good hotel name in Kasauli. Also how is the road now a days.
Road is good enough,and look up on google and you will find enough hotels.
Book in advance,as you may have a tough time in locating a decent place for stay at this time of the year.
Old 24th December 2010, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Road is good enough,and look up on google and you will find enough hotels.
Book in advance,as you may have a tough time in locating a decent place for stay at this time of the year.
I searched in google but many of the hotels coming up are not actually in Kasauli, but atleast 5-10 KM away, so was looking for first hand experience. Anyway thanks.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Guys, can someone suggest some good hotel name in Kasauli.
Hotel Ros Common, HPTDC, check availability here -
HPTDC - Online Hotels Reservation System
Old 24th December 2010, 18:20   #8
BHPian

Try this link. I went to Kasauli in April 2010 and made my bookings through this company.

Hotels and Resorts in Himachal, Hotels Resorts Palaces in Shimla, Manali, Chail Himachal Pradesh,Hotels in Himachal Pradesh,Hotel in Himachal Pradesh,Hotels of Himachal Pradesh,India Himachal Pradesh Hotels,Himachal Pradesh Hotel,Himachal Pradesh Hot

Apart from Ros Common, you could look at Hotel Alasia, Kasauli Regency, Kasauli Woods or Baikunth Resorts. I stayed at Homestead Cottage which was a beautiful experience. Look it up under cottages in Kasauli link on the same page.

Some of the hotels like Hill's Pride and Shivalik among others are not located in Kasauli.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 24th December 2010 at 18:21.
Old 20th September 2016, 13:42   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a 2016 Update.
Delhi to the end of the Himalayan Eway is fantastic. No roadworks, no hiccups, and smooth traffic even with higher volumes. After the Eway ends though, the roads are pathetic and there is a lot of work going on. However, that is only for about an hour.
Go trip.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:50   #10
BHPian

A 2022 September update for the topic.

I travelled from Gurgaon to Kasauli last weekend. Took the periphery(Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway) to Kundali and then hopped on to NH44(new name for NH1) till Ambala. Great roads all the way with only a few overbridges in constructions leading. Hopped on Ambala-CHD expressway from here and then NH5(called NH7 as well I think).

The last 5-6 kms into Kasauli were quite narrow and in a bad condition, and decided to keep the car at the hotel and took a cab from to visit the local tourist spots.

Overall, had no big issues and we were using a Polo, so no problem for cars with low GC taking this trip.

The only issue I think is for people taking the periphery expressway from Gurgaon is that there is no perfect way to take one unless you are from Manesar. Google maps shows 3-4 routes but none of them are great and take you through cramped villages with poor roads and worse traffic sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks