Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 20:40   #1
BHPian

Need Advice for stay in Taiwan

Hi All

I ve recently landed in Taepei , Taiwan.
I am all alone here and have to stay for 25-30 days
Could you advise places to see , things to keep in mind , and any other tips or contacts .
Any indians residing in taiwan ?

Mods: I m unsure if i am writing in the right forum . i tried to search but since this is my first time , i could not find a appropriate forum

Thanks
Old 11th September 2010, 21:14   #2
BHPian

Rasing ,
where are you staying in taipei , if you are on offical trip then you must try sunworld dynasty hotel , most of the big hotels in Taipei would offer free spa , there would be big pools (normaly in the hotel basements ) couple of them for the hot water and rest for cold , people shifting between pools and the steam room with sea salt , it's one of the best hotel experience that i can memorize , (mind you can not wear any thing -nothing you heard it right) ,
In taipei you can not miss Taipei 101 , supposed to be one of the tallest , i guess it costs around 200rs to go up , and don't miss the night markets and malls around it , you get best deals on branded watches .
there is supposed to be a expat comunity where you get to meet Indians (never tried it) , but english bar's are best to make friends , alternative drink on the house..... ,
Taiwan still has the best and most amount of buick cars available in APAC countries .Don't miss that .
try using mrt for local transport , you get a week & fortnight pass .
if you have a long week end then you should visit Taichung (next big city after taipei).
use your nego skills and get a apartment room in the hotel so you can cook , try omlets on open stove (electric one ) works like a gem .
if you want some taiwanese company i can pass down my office friends numbers .
all the best .
Note: i was asked to not ask any taiwanise on trouble with china back then , things might have changed now .
Old 12th September 2010, 09:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi RaSing

Here is my perspective about and a bit of experience in Taiwan

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ts-taiwan.html

have a nice stay in Taiwan
Old 12th September 2010, 22:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

Ha! I was about to say PM Star! And then I saw your response.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:33   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the replies

So , for the first two days i stayed in a hotel "LakeView" near the Xindian. And now i have moved to an apartment near Baoqiao road , Xindian City .

I have been to the MRT LongShuan Temple and Huaxi Night Market by now .Will definately be going to Taepei 101 this weekend . But i think i have missed the free spa !!
Old 4th June 2018, 15:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Advice for stay in Taiwan

I will be visiting Taiwan for 4 days, will be alone during the trip. Please advise me about taxi service between County and food options for a vegetarian.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks