Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 15:41   #61

Re: Bangalore to Bhopal (Oct'10) - Which route ?

Hi All - any pointers which is the best route and place to make an overnight stop from Bangalore to Bhopal ?

I plan to cover it in two days; making an overnight stop in/around Hyderabad.

Regards.
Asheesh
Old 13th October 2017, 20:25   #62
BHPian

Hi Asheesh, you can stay in Hyderabad on the night of day one, staying in any good hotel close to the NH connecting Hyderabad and Nagpur so that your exit is easy. There are sections on the route from Hyderabad to Bhopal where the roads are not great. One, the Adilabad to Hinghanghat section and Itarsi to Hoshangabad to Bhopal section. I don't have the latest update on the two sections that I have mentioned, related to the not so good roads. Have driven Hyderabad to Gurgaon multiple times but we haven't taken the Bhopal route recently at all because of the Itarsi Hoshangabad Bhopal section. Of the about 1500 Kms distance from Bangalore to Bhopal, for about 150 to 200 Kms, road conditions are not that great and hence would slow you down. Someone from our group may update you on the most recent road conditions on these sections.

As far as the route to Bhopal from Hyderabad on day two is concerned, the route map is in the attached google maps:

Bangalore to Bhopal (Oct'10) - Which route ?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507905867.345990.jpg

Bangalore to Bhopal (Oct'10) - Which route ?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507905890.342201.jpg
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 20:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Someone from our group may update you on the most recent road conditions on these sections.
The Hoshangabad - Bhopal stretch was OK when I went there in March. The only trouble was the complete disregard for the numerous traffic signals that come up as we enter the outskirts of Bhopal. I have never been more honked and cursed for stopping at red lights anywhere than I was there !

Don't know about the Itarsi - Hoshangabad section.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 21:08   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
The Hoshangabad - Bhopal stretch was OK when I went there in March. The only trouble was the complete disregard for the numerous traffic signals that come up as we enter the outskirts of Bhopal. I have never been more honked and cursed for stopping at red lights anywhere than I was there !

Don't know about the Itarsi - Hoshangabad section.
Thanks Krishnan and Secretariate !! Helpful.

I can understand the frustration when one stops at a signal and the world behind wants you to go...
Old 29th August 2018, 18:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I might drive down to Bhopal from Bangalore later this year and need to decide between the 2 options given below:

a) Via Pune and Indore
b) Via Hyderabad and Nagpur

Please share your recommendations as well as any other viable options.

Thanks in advance...
Old 23rd August 2023, 16:59   #66
BHPian

I shall be driving from Bangalore to Bhopal in October. I thought the Nagpur route was a no-brainer.

However, according to google maps, there is another route - drive up to Jalna, take the Balasaheb Thackeray Mahamarg to Karanja and from there go north to Betul and thence to Bhopal.

Surprisingly, this route takes almost the same amount of time as the Nagpur route as per google.

Has anybody driven this route ? Are there any variables that make this route significantly less (or more) attractive than the standard Nagpur route ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks