Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

State government declared a holiday for two days from tomorrow and most schools and offices in Bangalore are not working as well. Now the verdict has been postponed. Wonder what will happen to the holiday! I think Saturday may be declared a working day to compensate.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Here you go...

Supreme Court defers Ayodha verdict by a week
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:49   #18
BHPian

This is what happens when we start to pre-empt situations with spreading of panic-a no. of Govt/private authorities declaring holidays have to now retract. Though the verdict was dealing with religious sentiments the emotions behind it have diminished over the years thereby a major backlash may not happen. I feel that the verdict will be further postponed in view of elections in Bihar, CWG and unrest in J & K.

Last edited by Judemayne : 23rd September 2010 at 15:51.
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
I feel that the verdict will be further postponed in view of elections in Bihar, CWG and unrest in J & K.
+1. Maybe its all a pre-planned stunt by the govt.

Anyways I hope to have a pleasant journey to my home town tomorrow night.

@All, thank you very much for all your comments.
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The verdict will definitely be postponed. Atleast for the CWG. Does any one have any illusion that 5 days before CWG is scheduled to open, the govt will take a risk of decalring the verdict of the Babri case ?
Old 29th September 2010, 15:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Safety Precations for Sep 30th

Guys,
Here is an update on this topic. We got the below mail from our HR Dept today. I plan to work from home tomorrrow.

Take care guys!

"To All Employees,

The Ayodhya Verdict is scheduled to be delivered on 30th September at 3.30 pm IST. Central and state Governments have been watching the developments very closely and have beefed up the security preparedness in all the states. The Home Ministry has asked all states and Union Territories to give top most priority to maintaining law and order as the judgment has the potential for unrest. Either party can take the matter to the Supreme Court if the verdict goes against them.

Advice to Employees and Managers.

It is assumed that the situation will be calm before the judgment is delivered.

Employees should assess the security situation before coming to the office and may work from home tomorrow and Friday, with mutual agreement with their supervisor.

Employees who report to work are advised to reach home before the verdict is announced.
This will also be applicable to employees who have to cross any religiously sensitive areas during their transit. Unnecessary and non-critical travel should be avoided.

For BCP planning (especially for shift employees) there should be appropriate alternate arrangements for stay and rest. Such places should be identified beforehand.

Please coordinate with your Manager or Supervisor concerning your work arrangements and safety during this time. You should also keep your BCP coordinator informed of any incidents to keep them updated in case a BCP plan needs to be activated.

Employees with Managers outside India can also contact the HR Geography partners in case of an emergency.

Managers are also advised to inform Asset Protection and HR for any or emergency situation concerning employees.

Employees should be extra vigilant and tune into local news and media for updates on the situation. "
Old 29th September 2010, 15:14   #22
BHPian

There is a lot of panic-mongering in the media, I doubt if there will be a huge amount of turmoil (or rather I hope not) except for some pockets of traditionally sensitive areas and areas where people seem to have a lot of time on their hands to essentially make much ado about nothing. (This verdict will be challenged in the SC anyways).
Old 29th September 2010, 15:20   #23
BANNED

By all the pronouncements yes. In any case whatever happens (I expect something for both sides) it goes to the Supreme Court. This is the semi-final only.

However, it just needs one Nut and things can go crazy. My suggestion is as far as possible do not venture out after 14:00.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

My stupid manager has planned a group lunch outing for tomorrow (30th Sep 2010) even when other companies are advising their employees to avoid unnecessary travel tomorrow.

Rohan
Old 29th September 2010, 16:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

After the demolition a new generation has come up who don’t care much about what happened in the past, however some political party can fan and fuel the smoldering fire.
I don’t expect a definitive verdict on this long pending issue, however the timing of this verdict makes me quite anxious as big events like Common Wealth Games ,Obama visit etc. are lined up.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter side, Rajnikanth's movie is getting released on Oct 1st
Old 29th September 2010, 18:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

We've received another advisory to work from home tomorrow and on Friday too----looks like our office will be deserted for two days.

I am not sure if movie halls will run in the evening tomorrow, but I wish they do.
Old 29th September 2010, 23:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
My stupid manager has planned a group lunch outing for tomorrow (30th Sep 2010) even when other companies are advising their employees to avoid unnecessary travel tomorrow.

Rohan
What kind of a moron do you have for a boss ? Boycott it if possible.

Call me paranoid, I am not venturing out morrow. Car and bike shut inside garage, not leaving them in the drive way. You never know, all it takes is a stone to start the crap.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
What kind of a moron do you have for a boss ? Boycott it if possible.

Call me paranoid, I am not venturing out morrow. Car and bike shut inside garage, not leaving them in the drive way. You never know, all it takes is a stone to start the crap.
Well, he's a very special and rare kind of a moron.

Actually, every group in our company goes for a quarterly lunch treat. But because of his lazyness, he never planned anything till now and the quarter end is ending today (30th Sep). Now he is caught in a difficult situation - if he cancels the treat the team members get angry, if he takes us out for a treat there are security concerns.

Getting back to the topic, I don't expect any violence before 3:30 pm. Most probably, we will leave for home around 3:00 pm.

Security has already been beefed up. All cars entering Electronics City were being checked today morning. I really wonder what they manage to check in a few seconds.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks