Team-BHP - Need help to plan Hyderabad - Lucknow - Nainital - Kausani - Hyderabad trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Need help to plan Hyderabad - Lucknow - Nainital - Kausani - Hyderabad trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89532-need-help-plan-hyderabad-lucknow-nainital-kausani-hyderabad-trip.html)

Hi All,

Need some help to plan to a trip from Hyderabad - Lucknow - Nainital - Kausani - Hyderabad. We plan to start on the 09th Oct and return Hyderabad latest by 24th October.

Have gone thru LongDrive_lover's inspiring thread and Hyderabad to Lucknow trip looks good on the Hyd- Nagpur - Rewa - Allahabad - Lko route.

Will be travelling with my wife and kids (8 yrs and 4 yrs) in our recently acquired Preworshipped Civic (Oct 2007 / 25 K KM).

Need some suggestions from fellow T BHpian's for route planning as well as sightseeing for this a memorable trip.

Rgds

Good to know about your trip. Weather will be just perfect to come to this part of India.

On the above mentioned route, only bad (actually, horrible for a quality, but low GC Sedan like Civic) section is between Rewa-Allahabad (once you leave NH7 and divert to Allahabad on NH27). Here are my observations from my another trip Lko-Adilabad, AP in May-June2010:

1. Seoni by pass is complete. Superb 4-lane. Not opened for heavy
traffic yet,but open for cars. We used it both way.
2. Same is with Adilabad and Nirmal by-passes. In a week or 2 all
these will be fully operational. (EDIT: They are also complete now, Suerb 4-lanes)
3. Progress on other stretches of NH 7 is also moving fast.
4. We stayed at Hotel Laxmi Residency at A'bad, opposite to Hotel Ravi
Teja. Tariff was Rs. 735/- for DB AC room and 490/- for Non-AC room.
Excellent rooms, but no restaurant. I'll post pics in a day or so at
T-BHP.
5. At Seoni, we faced accommodation problem, we thought we would be
late to reach MPTDC Rookad, so had dinner at a dhaba at Seoni,
inquired about Hotels, seeing possibility, went to Hotels at Seoni,
but due to busy marriage day, all 4 hotels were booked, Hotel Anand
palace - the biggest one, its manager told MPTDC Rookad is also full.
Then we were in trouble, thought of staying at PP in vehicle for few
hrs., not possible, gave up idea soon, again went to same food dhaba,
he told just 1 km away from bypass junction, back on jabalpur side
road, there is a Motel Central Point, you can explore there, went
there, it was nearby, found room there at 1.30 am, and charges just
Rs. 550 for Non-AC and 770 for AC room!! For us, it was a throw away
price at that time, still bargained and got AC room for 600/- only!

That is a very good stay option at Seoni. No need to exit 4 lane. Just
500-700 mts after Seoni bypass ends (when coming from Hyd. side), it is on right side when
coming from Jabalpur. There is signage on left side saying MOTEL. Its
a very good property including lawns, Kitchen/dinning hall etc. I'll
post pics tomrow on T-BHP route query thread.

6.Lko- Allahabd is good 2-lane highway (NH 24 B, declared a few yrs back).
7. Allahabad - Rewa is NH 27 till Mangawan (97 kms) where it joins NH
7 (Total approx 134 kms) coming from Varanasi. That NH 27 stretch is
pathetic- 15 kms No road, all broken, 30-35 kms potholed road, some
mixed road and only 20 kms approx good road.

8. I liked NH 7 fully, even where it was 2laned it is wider then NH 3,
though heavy truck traffic is same but, I dont think it is as prone to
jams as NH 3 is! The 4-laning work is in faster mode.

You can break for 1st night halt at Seoni, approx. 650kms (Motel Central Point). Your 2nd halt can be Lucknow (approx. 700 kms) or Allahabad, if you are not comfortable to drive after dark.

Another option: Regarding sight-seeing:

If you have not been to Khajuraho, and want to check those temples, then you can divert from Katni-via Amanganj-Panna-to Khajuraho. Spent a day there, and then take NH86 via Mahoba-Hamirpur-Kanpur NH25-Lko (NH86 is also undergoing relaying and nearly 40 % is un-finished or under-finished!). We took it in June for our South trip. But, still doable in day time, we did it after dark, but could manage in Safari.

Feel free to ask for any other info.

Dear LongDrive_Lover Thanks,

I had earlier made this trip in April 2008 in my Wagon - R, and this Rewa - Hyderabad section was really bad even then.

If I were to make this trip in Civic now, would you advise me to take this route, Or should I take some other route?

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor (Post 2085164)
Dear LongDrive_Lover Thanks,

I had earlier made this trip in April 2008 in my Wagon - R, and this Rewa - Hyderabad section was really bad even then.

If I were to make this trip in Civic now, would you advise me to take this route, Or should I take some other route?

Regards

Actually, Rewa-Hyd. is not bad now!! Except very few left over sections, between Nagpur - Adilabad (may be approx 50-60 kms after Adilabad (when coming from Hyd.) are bad, but still doable. As I wrote above, main worry is not NH7 but NH27 (Mangawan-Allahabad). In that stretch some 60-70 kms of the total 97 kms, is totally avoidable for Civic. If you have to take that road, make sure, you pass this stretch in broad daylight.

If you take the other route via Mahoba-Hamirpur (NH86) to Kanpur. Same principle applies, pass it in daytime. Rest of the road on both the routes is fine, and you'll enjoy typical central Indian vistas.

The other alternative i.e. Seoni- Lakhnadon- Sagar- Jhansi- Kanpur, is worst even, as road widening is going on very slowly and is in total mess. Once completed, that'll be the shortest way for Lucknowites and Kanpuries to get to Southern states.

If you were coming from Bangalore/Kerala/ Kanyakumari/ Coastal Karnataka, the NH4-NH8-NH76-NH79-NH25 combination via Mumbai-Udaipur-Shivpuri-Jhansi-Kanpur could have been suggested. We took it during our return journey from South this summer. But, to go to Mumbai or even Nasik-Surat for taking that route would be too long a detour, I think so!

Hope this helps..

My typo: I meant that Rewa to Allahabad was pretty bad. I think that's the same section of 70 KM's which you have mentioned.

We intend to start early morning on the 09th Oct and look forward to have my first stop at the Motel Central Point at Jabalpur.

Do you think it is workable?

Further any good spots near Jabalpur / to spend the next day and start off for Lucknow early morning on the 2nd day? I would be driving during the day only. Is this section of 70 KM (Rewa - Allahabad) doable with Civic during the day?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all!

Thanks to online and offline support, we have finally locked on to our trip to Lucknow.

Thanks to @HVKumar sir, we have dropped the idea of going to Kumaon region (due floods and battered roads) and based on his suggestions we are stopping over at Bhedaghat (Jabalpur) for the famous river cruise and the waterfalls.

We expect to start on the 8th AM.

Itinerary:
08th AM: Hyd - Nagpur (relatives),
10th AM: Nagpur - Bhedaghat
11th AM: Bhedaghat - Varanasi + Sarnath
12th AM:Varanasi - Lucknow
12th to 18th: Lucknow

19th - 24th: Lucknow - Hyderabad

This section needs to be planned.

Several Options:

Lucknow - Bandhavgarh (stay 2 days) - Nagpur - Hyderabad
Lko - Agra (Stay 1 day) - Gwalior (Stay 1 day) - Bhopal (Stay 1 / 2 days) - Hyderabad

Friends need your advice!

MPTDC has a good hotel at Bedaghat.
I think the drive from Bedaghat to Varanasi itself is going to be a long day's drive. Remember you cannot go any great speeds on NH7, you may have to maintain 80-100 kmph speeds.
Hopefully, the Gwalior-Bhopal-Nagpur road will be repaired by the time you travel.
From Bhopal, you can travel the same day assuming an early morning start and some fast driving.

Thanks @HVK Sir, I've booked with MPTDC for Bhedaghat. Just realised that 10th Oct will be close to Amavasya, hence may not be able to enjoy the moon light beauty of the place. Return date (22nd) would be close to full moon day, then time / route permitting will plan for another stay here.

I do hope that Gwalior - Bhopal - Nagpur road is repaired by the time we return.

Rgds

Yes, I think they should work on repairing the Bhopal-Nagpur road fast. However, NH3 may be patched up shoddily, going by past experience.

@HVK Sir and Dear friends,

We were working on a two day stay at Pachmarhi and then onwards to Jabalpur - Rewa - Lko.

Do you have any idea on the condition of route from Pachmarhi to Jabalpur?

One of the route is Pachmarhi - Pipariya, Narsimhapur, Shahpura _ jabalpur (244 kms )
other option is Pachmarhi - Pipariya, Bareli, Udaipura, Deori, Shahpura , Jabalpur (245 KMS)

Many thanks in advance

I don't know the condition of the road currently, but the best choice of route would be to take the NH12 from Jabalpur towards Bhopal till Bareli, then go via Piparia to Pachmarhi since this is also the main Bhopal-Pachmarhi route, from Bareli). I would not trust the interior roads of MP. No idea what route is best after that, but I guess it may be appropriate to reach Betul and link up with the Bhopal-Nagpur highway therefrom.

Dear HVK Sir,

Many thanks for your quick revert.

Hello all!

So finally it seems that the travel plan is firmed up for one leg. Return leg open to all the suggestions!

First leg: Hyd - Lucknow

08th AM: Hyd - Nagpur
10th AM: Nagpur - Pachgarhi
12th AM: Pachgarhi - Maihar
13th AM: Maihar - Lucknow (Via Allahabad / If via Varanasi then perhaps night halt)

Return journey from Lko starts 20th Oct!

Thanks!