Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-20.html)

Hi Guys,
Any one travelled this route in last couple of weeks?
Is there any Road work going On?
I remember that there was some work going on near Mulbagal in the month of June. How are the diversions on NH5 from Naidupeta till Vijayawada?

Any suggestions for travelling thru Bangalore- Hosur-krishnaGiri- Chennai-NH5.

Dear friends,
I am planning to do the Hyderabad --> Bhubaneshwar road trip this month end. Request you all to give me some information about the road condition, fuel stops, eating joints etc. Most importantly, has anyone done this stretch in a single day. How long does it take on this stretch.

Again request to provide as much information as possible.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 (Post 3533400)
Dear friends,
I am planning to do the Hyderabad --> Bhubaneshwar road trip this month end. Request you all to give me some information about the road condition, fuel stops, eating joints etc. Most importantly, has anyone done this stretch in a single day. How long does it take on this stretch.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer

Hi Karthik,

I did this route in December end last year with wifey and kid in SX4.
Started from home at 12:00 am and reached Bhubaneswar at around 5:00 pm.
Total ~1100 kms.

Breaks:
30 mins power nap after Vijaywada.
30 mins breakfast at Vizag.
60 mins stuck at the inter state checkpost in Ichhapuram.
60 mins lunch at a dhaba somewhere near Rambha.

Roads were generally good except few potholes between Vijaywada and Rajahmundry but that should have been repaired already.

Encountered quite heavy truck traffic between Hyderabad and Rajahmundry. Also passing through Vizag city took some time.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDK (Post 3533439)
Hi Karthik,

Breaks:

60 mins stuck at the inter state checkpost in Ichhapuram.

I thought the border gridlock was a thing of the past, per info from people who travelled last year. Has it gone back to square one? I hate spending so much time at that place.

I did a Bangalore CCU about 4 months back and came back to Bangalore from CCU a week back! No border gridlock anywhere, both the WB-OR and the OR-AP had a lot of trucks but, there was no need for me to go onto the other side of the GQ in order to continue. Ample space for cars to pass!

While returning from Bhubaneswar a few days later even I did not face any issues and crossed easily.
So may be it was a one-off thing. But we were really stationary for around an hour until the cops came and started clearing the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 (Post 3533400)
Dear friends,

Regards,
Karthik Iyer

Hi, I travelled last year ( Dec 2013) on this route on my way to Darjeeling. you can experience some issues while crossing LB Nagar until you reach the Highway. This is primarily due to Tourist buses plying up to Vijayawada. It was quite annoying as about 20-40 buses were lined up & also tend to overtake each other at high speeds with blazing horns & light until you reach Vijayawada.

Stops were primarily done as SDK. It took me about 19 hrs to reach the hotel in Bapuji Nagar(Bhubaneshwar). I didn't face any traffic jam or issues at the checkpost while crossing over to Orissa.

Though it is doable, it can get quite tiring. I was the lone driver & hadn't slept in the afternoon prior to the journey, had reached home from office at 1630, packed & left home at 2330hrs .

Thanks everyone,
I get a clear indication that 16-17 hours with family would be too much. So I will take night halt at Vizag. While in the return journey, I plan to halt at Vijayawada.

Has the recent heavy rains in Orissa caused any major damage to roads.
Fuel pumps, Are they available in regular intervals.
And do we have decent food joints in this route, mainly for tea / coffee.

A sensitive question - Do I need to keep the naxal problem in mind while on this route.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 (Post 3534491)
A sensitive question - Do I need to keep the naxal problem in mind while on this route.

Absolutely NOT. The Bangalore - Vijaywada - Bhubaneswar does not fall under Naxal territories. Just chill and enjoy the drive.

Hi

I intend doing a road trip from vizag to ranchi during the upcoming long weekend - 01 Oct to 05 Oct with parents and family.

Plan is vizag to bhubhaneshwar on 01 Oct - halt at bhubaneshwar - and then bhubhaneshwar to Ranchi via Balasore and Jamshedpur on 2 Oct.
Return route remains same with journey commencing on 4th Oct and reaching vizag on 5th.

Cannot compress journey time as aged parents require a break.

Request the following info-

(a) Good place for a meal break between vizag and bhubaneshwar
(b) Ditto for journey between bhubaneshwar and ranchi
(c) Suggestions for any place a little off route to visit during the return journey?
(d) Road conditions specially between balasore to ranchi via Jamshedpur?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aby29 (Post 3540419)
(a) Good place for a meal break between vizag and bhubaneshwar

Cant remember seeing any good restaurants on the highway.
I would recommend Chilka Dhaba. Its on the way to Panthanivas Barkul a few hundred metres from the highway on the right side. Seafood was great but its only a dhaba. So dont expect too much. It will be crowded especially on holidays and weekends.
We had lunch at a small hotel right next to the left turn for Narayani Temple around 6-7 kms before Chilka Dhaba. Place was quite clean and food was ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aby29 (Post 3540419)
(c) Suggestions for any place a little off route to visit during the return journey?

Do visit Rambha if you have not been there already. Worth spending couple of hours there. You can also take a short boat ride in Chilka lake.

You also have Gopalpur-on-Sea. Again worth spending couple of hours on the beach.

Hi,

I am starting Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Puri Tomorrow early morning.

Any suggestions for hotels in Rajamundary and Puri ?

Regards
Amit Kaushik

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3541920)

OTDC Panthanivas, Puri. It is located at the beach. We enjoyed our stay there in May 2012.

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-dsc07503.jpg

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-dsc07528.jpg

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-dsc07539.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3541920)
Hi,

Regards
Amit Kaushik

Rajahmundry : Hotel Anand Regency and Hotel Akshaya Residency are good

Need help with road conditions and decent accommodations at Chilka Lake.

We (3 people) are planning drive to Chilka Lake on 3rd - 6th October.
All three can drive, so we are planning to do marathon drive till Chilka Lake.

Vehicle: Classic Fiesta or Rapid.
Dates: 3rd - 6th October.
Route: https://goo.gl/maps/ewnuP (As suggested by google maps)

Plan: - doable ? Have feeling that I can.. just cross checking for experts experience :)
Leave Bangalore on Friday (3rd) around 6pm and reach Vizag by 8am next day morning.

Reach Chilka Lake on 4th by afternoon/evening.

Rest and roam around Chilka Lake on 5th

Leave back on 5th evening/night

Reach Bangalore on 6th evening/night.