Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 00:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
YOu can turn off at Ongole and go via Bapatla to Avanigadda.
Thanks Kumar. Have you done this road recently? Any update on the road condition. Looks like my plan is moved to March, so I have sufficient time to prepare for this one. Thought I would not be doing the full stretch in one day.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Thanks Kumar. Have you done this road recently? Any update on the road condition. Looks like my plan is moved to March, so I have sufficient time to prepare for this one. Thought I would not be doing the full stretch in one day.
No, I have not travelled lately on this route, but someone I know did some of the sections and said the road is fine.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 11:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Any good place for a veggie lunch at Nellore, nearest to NH5 ?

I would like to get off and back on the highway with the least detour ! Thanks.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hello all, is the Vishakapatnam bypass (Peddipalem to Anakapalle) in good condition ?

Will be driving back from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore on the weekend.

We had a great drive in our Xylo from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar, except that we missed the Vishakapatnam bypass !
Old 9th August 2012, 23:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone do the Bangalore - Vijayawada stretch recently? Please provide an update on the road condition and also about Chitoor bypass...
Old 10th August 2012, 10:01   #36
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I had traveled in May 2012 to vizag.
i did not use chittoor bypass both sides

6 lane work is going on between naidupet-viziawada. upto ongole it is fine. more diversions are there between guntur-viziawada. But all th diversions are proper tramac. bu it is difficult to maintain speeds in excess of 60-70 for long stretches.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 18:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I had traveled in May 2012 to vizag.
i did not use chittoor bypass both sides

6 lane work is going on between naidupet-viziawada. upto ongole it is fine. more diversions are there between guntur-viziawada. But all th diversions are proper tramac. bu it is difficult to maintain speeds in excess of 60-70 for long stretches.
Hi RKG, you had responded to my query on the condition of Vizag Bypass just a few hours back, but the thread got deleted as there is one running already, and I finally managed to find it. I wanted to check the condition of NH5 Bypass of Vizag City. How is it ? Is it four laned? I wonder how I have kept missing this and crossing the city last two times. So are there any tell-tell signs that one should watch out for?
Also, are there any good places to stay with family while on the Bypass Road. Looking forward to your response. Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 20:04   #38
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
Hi RKG, you had responded to my query on the condition of Vizag Bypass just a few hours back, but the thread got deleted as there is one running already, and I finally managed to find it. I wanted to check the condition of NH5 Bypass of Vizag City. How is it ? Is it four laned? I wonder how I have kept missing this and crossing the city last two times. So are there any tell-tell signs that one should watch out for?
Also, are there any good places to stay with family while on the Bypass Road. Looking forward to your response. Thanks
The bypass is two lane without divider.

Almost desolate, nothing except truck traffic.

No facilities at all for night stay

There are some old fashioned shops for tea/coffee/snacks at Pendurti junction. You can not miss it. it is only place in the entire stretch which has some movement.

Better to avoid in night

You have to check for it in Anakapalli bypass. I have not noticed any road signs to that effect( of course i was coming from the other side)

For night stay better enter Vizag city.

Vizag on anyday is better than Bangalore in terms of trafic
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 05:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels

Best Western Ramachandra is a very good place to stay and just off the NH5 at old Gajuwaka.Prices are also very reasonable.

www.bwramachandra.co.in

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=q&so...m&output=embed

Sent from my iPhone
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 08:19   #40
BHPian

I would suggest that you take the NH5 through the city except during the peak hours ( morning 8.00 to 11.00 am and evening 4.00 to 9.00 pm). There no decent eating options in NH5 bypass and you miss Vizag there are hardly any eating options on NH5 between Visakhapatnam to Icchapuram.
Old 15th November 2012, 21:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some advise.
I need to go to bbsr to attend a friends wedding on 30th Nov.
I was hoping to reach BBSR by mid afternoon on 30th ,so im kind of confused , how to plan the trip .
Im not really comfortable driving in the nights.
Please advise , how should i go about doing this trip .

Cheers
Old 15th November 2012, 21:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys, need some advise.
I need to go to bbsr to attend a friends wedding on 30th Nov.
I was hoping to reach BBSR by mid afternoon on 30th ,so im kind of confused , how to plan the trip .
Im not really comfortable driving in the nights.
Please advise , how should i go about doing this trip .

Cheers
If not the very aggressive driver, and do not wish to drive at night, you can plan as follows:

D1: Bangalore-Vijaywada/Rajahmundry
D2: Vijaywada/Rajahmundry-Srikakulam/Bhubaneswar

You can reach Bhubaneswar either at end of D2 or mid-morning of D3, depending on how fast you drive.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 22:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
If not the very aggressive driver, and do not wish to drive at night, you can plan as follows:

D1: Bangalore-Vijaywada/Rajahmundry
D2: Vijaywada/Rajahmundry-Srikakulam/Bhubaneswar

You can reach Bhubaneswar either at end of D2 or mid-morning of D3, depending on how fast you drive.
HVK Sir , thanks .
Starting on 29th from bangalore, doesn't look , reaching BBSR by 30th mid afternoon, very feasible.
So looks like i need to start on 28th only .

Is it possible to do blore-Vizag in one day ? Its around 1k kms , if i start real early , cant i make it to Vizag in a day , say 3.30 am start and reach vizag by 9 and take rest.
Next day early morning , say around 5.00, if i start cant i make it by mid afternoon to BBSR ?
How are the roads.
I will be driving a Ritz.
Or it will be too much of a driving, as i need to attend the marriage also in the evening , so i need to be in a position to have fun there also .

Also if i need to start on 28th,how should i plan the drive , i mean which places should be best logical break points .

Please advise .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 15th November 2012 at 22:33.
Old 15th November 2012, 22:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Before NH5 got 4-laned, it used to take me 9 hours driving time to reach Bhubaneswar from Vizag, which is around 425 kms. The last trip I'd made was in 2002.

But after 4-laning, it should take only 3 hours to Berhampur (as against 4.5 earlier), and around 3.5 hours from there to Bhubaneswar (174 kms). I'm told that around 50 kms from Berhampur is still not 4-laned, but this information is 6 months old.

This apart, doing Bangalore to Vizag on a single day seems to be an uphill task. I think it is better to take a flight.
Old 15th November 2012, 23:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
Before NH5 got 4-laned, it used to take me 9 hours driving time to reach Bhubaneswar from Vizag, which is around 425 kms. The last trip I'd made was in 2002.

But after 4-laning, it should take only 3 hours to Berhampur (as against 4.5 earlier), and around 3.5 hours from there to Bhubaneswar (174 kms). I'm told that around 50 kms from Berhampur is still not 4-laned, but this information is 6 months old.

This apart, doing Bangalore to Vizag on a single day seems to be an uphill task. I think it is better to take a flight.
Just checked out the flight fares and they cost a bomb,around 20k for round trip, if I go by car it will be way cheaper than flight.
I studied @ berhampur and once did a bike trip to bbsr and I think it took us around 3hrs if I'm not wrong.So my main aim is to cover as much a possible in day one otherwise will start on 28th.

Most Viewed