Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th February 2019, 15:43   #631

Default Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Please inform how is the road from Eluru to Rajahmundry via SH 204 across the Dowleswaram Barrage? Or should I follow NH 16?
A place to Stay in the close proximity to NH 16 at Rajahmundry?
I took Eluru->Nidadavolu->Dowleswaram barrage->Rajahmundry route on 7th Feb, on the way from Hyd to Vizag. Compared to Eluru->Nallajerla->Godavari fourth bridge->Rajahmundry route, I would say that, this route is far better during the day time. No comments on night drive comparison. There are very less potholes on Tadepalligudem (after exiting NH-16)->Nidadavolu->Dowleswaram barrage stretch, compared to the other route, even though it is a state road.
rajendra2278 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 14:04   #632
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

I rode from Rajahmundry to Visakhapatnam in a bus yesterday.

Road conditions overall have improved considerably since my drive in a Swift last November. That day the drive was horrendous, especially between Rajahmundry and Annavaram. This time, I could see new surfaces laid and being laid at many places en route. Currently the little remaining bad patches are all concentrated at different culvert bridge construction sites. Majorly between Rajahmundry and Kathipudi. But even those aren't going to slow you down very much and they won't scrape your underbelly like before. Also all the toll gates are now equipped with FasTag. Just that there are no dedicated lines now. The ~200km distance can easily be done in 2hrs 30mins max.

Traffic in Vizag city wasn't intense as it was afternoon. Traffic starts right from Steel Plant entrance till Old Gajuwaka junction and finally reaches a crescendo at NAD junction. The ongoing flyover works at NAD is causing total mayhem. During peak hours, it is taking at least 20-30mins to exit this junction. For people proceeding towards Vizianagaram and further, it is advisable to skip Vizag by taking Sabbavaram-Anandapuram bypass either near Anakapalli or Lankelapalem and save at least 2hrs.

Last edited by strawhat : 16th February 2019 at 14:10.
strawhat is offline   Reply With Quote