Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 08:45   #391
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Folks,

I have just completed Bangalore - Tirupati trip. Here is the quick update on road conditions from Bangalore to Tirumala:
1. Bangalore to AP Boarder: Very good as it is toll road
2. AP boarder to Chittoor: Good with occasional pot holes at village/small town intersections
3. Chittoor Ring Road: Very good
4. Chittoor to Tirupti: Roads are significantly deteriorated in this stretch in last six months. Especially between Putalapattu and Chandragiri there are many bad patches.
5. Tirumala ghat road: Perfect, as this is maintained by TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam) trust.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:25   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd-VJA is a bad stretch at the moment,drove it last month and its very difficult,cannot do speeds of more than 60-70.The only silver lining is that there is a good pit stop at 7-Refresh at Suryapet,an excellent place to stretch and restart the torture!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1820791-post1454.html
Agree, 7 Fresh at Suryapet is really a good joint. Have tried it twice, neat washrooms and good stroll one can take to ease the limbs before the onwards torturous drive towards Vijaywada City and the heavy traffic one encounters negotiating the city :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd-VJA is a bad stretch at the moment,drove it last month and its very difficult,cannot do speeds of more than 60-70.The only silver lining is that there is a good pit stop at 7-Refresh at Suryapet,an excellent place to stretch and restart the torture!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1820791-post1454.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Folks,

I have just completed Bangalore - Tirupati trip. Here is the quick update on road conditions from Bangalore to Tirumala:
1. Bangalore to AP Boarder: Very good as it is toll road
2. AP boarder to Chittoor: Good with occasional pot holes at village/small town intersections
3. Chittoor Ring Road: Very good
4. Chittoor to Tirupti: Roads are significantly deteriorated in this stretch in last six months. Especially between Putalapattu and Chandragiri there are many bad patches.
5. Tirumala ghat road: Perfect, as this is maintained by TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam) trust.
Having done Bangalore to Patna five times (total 10 trips back and forth) so far since 2011 via NH5 and NH2, and having tried all possible routes as below:
1) Option 1 : Bangalore - Hyderabad - Vijaywada - Kolkata - Patna
2) Option 2 : Bangalore - Chennai - Vijayawada - Kolkata - Patna
3) Option 3 : Bangalore - Tirupati - Nayudupeta - Vijayawada- Kolkata - Patna

My suggestion to anyone would be to take Option 2. You get fast moving 4 lane roads across, excellent to medium quality at times, but hassle free and smooth ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Guys,

Am planning Bangalore to Durgapur (WB) on 16th October. I have done this route a couple of times before in 2006 and 2010, but both times I could do only Bangalore to Vijaywada on the first day. However, this time round am planning to do Vizag on Day 1. So, the idea is to do 1000 kms on both days. I know it is a little ambitious, but I want to give it a try. I do have a buffer day on both sides, and my Duster has been equipped with Hella 700 FF lights, which have a throw of about 500 meters, so the main worry of night driving, visibility, is taken care of.

Any idea about the roads on this stretch, and are there any places that might slow us down?

HVK sir, what's the URL of your group? My wife is my navigator and she wants to join the group so that she can get rooms booked either at Rajamundry or at Vizag.

Any updates will be very welcome.
Hi Oreen, am sure you would have completed your trip by now. How was your experience? Also, any observatios on whether there is any improvement at the 2 pain points one encounters at the below points -

1) The entire stretch after Bhubaneshwar to Kharagpur was being re-laid. Is the work over now, or did you still have to keep taking deviations due to work in progress.
2) I know that at Jaleshwar border they had re-laid the roads and installed toll booths. Has this impacted the endless jams one encounters at this point?

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2015 at 13:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 16th November 2015, 13:44   #393
BHPian

Hey RollingWheels,

Here's the writeup:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...olkata-14.html
Old 19th November 2015, 10:26   #394
BHPian

People, please refere this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3851012
Old 19th November 2015, 12:32   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
Having done Bangalore to Patna five times (total 10 trips back and forth) so far since 2011 via NH5 and NH2, and having tried all possible routes as below:
1) Option 1 : Bangalore - Hyderabad - Vijaywada - Kolkata - Patna
2) Option 2 : Bangalore - Chennai - Vijayawada - Kolkata - Patna
3) Option 3 : Bangalore - Tirupati - Nayudupeta - Vijayawada- Kolkata - Patna
Bangalore - Vijaywada might be better to go with Option 1 now.
There were news about severe damage on NH5 around Nellore during recent cyclonic rains - NH5.
deepv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 22:16   #396
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone done Vijayawada - Hyderabad recently? There was some news of a flyover construction or something in Vijayawada due to which there is a diversion. Has anyone crossed this lately?

MaSh
Old 20th November 2015, 22:50   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hi,

Anyone done Vijayawada - Hyderabad recently? There was some news of a flyover construction or something in Vijayawada due to which there is a diversion. Has anyone crossed this lately?

MaSh
As far as I know, they are planning to either widen the road or construct a flyover near the Kanakadurga temple. If you're driving to Vizag from Hyderabad, then you have the option of taking the bypass at Gollapudi, after the power plant, in order to avoid that temple stretch.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 00:38   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As far as I know, they are planning to either widen the road or construct a flyover near the Kanakadurga temple. If you're driving to Vizag from Hyderabad, then you have the option of taking the bypass at Gollapudi, after the power plant, in order to avoid that temple stretch.
Ohh okay. Driving from Vizag to Bangalore. Are there any boards mentioning diversions to take?
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:40   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hi,

MaSh
I did Hyd-Kolkata during Diwali. If you are travelling to NH5 bypassing Vijayawada city, police will divert you to Milk Factory road to reduce traffic on the narrow tunnel road.
Old 6th December 2015, 20:05   #400

hi all,

I am planning to fulfill my dream of driving from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar. I am thinking of doing solo in my 2007 Ford Fiesta Petrol during these holidays.

I know this thread has been there since a long time - but wanted to know latest update on which route to take, road condition, driving tips, stay and any other advice.....also is it safe to do a solo drive??

Appreciate any response on this....Thanks

Subhs
Old 7th December 2015, 10:54   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhs View Post
hi all,

I am planning to fulfill my dream of driving from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar. I am thinking of doing solo in my 2007 Ford Fiesta Petrol during these holidays.

I know this thread has been there since a long time - but wanted to know latest update on which route to take, road condition, driving tips, stay and any other advice.....also is it safe to do a solo drive??

Appreciate any response on this....Thanks

Subhs
Bangalore - Hyderabad: Excellent road. ~550 kms. Driving time excl breaks ~5-6 hrs.
Outer Ring Road: Follow the ORR to bypass Hyderabad in about 35minutes. Speed limit on ORR is 120kmph. Bikes are not allowed on it. No stoppages except in emergency.
Hyderabad - Vijayawada: Excellent road. ~280kms. Driving time excl breaks ~4 hrs.
Vijayawada: Please avoid the city entry as present road involves diversions. There is a bypass from the city entry which is marked, take a left from that circle on to that single road to bypass the city.
Vijayawada - Visakhapatnam: Excellent road. ~350kms. Driving time excl breaks ~ 6-7 hrs.
Visakhapatnam - Bhubaneswar: Excellent road. ~420kms. Driving time excl breaks ~ 6-7hrs.

Happy and safe driving.
Warm regards
Unavowed_X9
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:59   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
Bangalore - Hyderabad: Excellent road. ~550 kms. Driving time excl breaks ~5-6 hrs.
Outer Ring Road: Follow the ORR to bypass Hyderabad in about 35minutes. Speed limit on ORR is 120kmph. Bikes are not allowed on it. No stoppages except in emergency.
Hyderabad - Vijayawada: Excellent road. ~280kms. Driving time excl breaks ~4 hrs.
Vijayawada: Please avoid the city entry as present road involves diversions. There is a bypass from the city entry which is marked, take a left from that circle on to that single road to bypass the city.
Vijayawada - Visakhapatnam: Excellent road. ~350kms. Driving time excl breaks ~ 6-7 hrs.
Visakhapatnam - Bhubaneswar: Excellent road. ~420kms. Driving time excl breaks ~ 6-7hrs.

Happy and safe driving.
Warm regards
Unavowed_X9
Hi,

Thanks so much for the update. So you are suggesting the HYD route and not do Tirupati?? Also would it be possible to share any detailed directions / maps and advice on where should i take a break and any other tips. Also is it safe to do a solo drive. Tnx
Old 7th December 2015, 12:10   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
.. Also would it be possible to share any detailed directions / maps and advice on where should i take a break and any other tips. Also is it safe to do a solo drive. Tnx
Its perfectly safe to drive solo on Bng -> Hyd -> Vjwd, its all 4 or 6 lane highway and very well maintained.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:11   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the update. So you are suggesting the HYD route and not do Tirupati?? Also would it be possible to share any detailed directions / maps and advice on where should i take a break and any other tips. Also is it safe to do a solo drive. Tnx
Absolutely.
No point doing the Tirupati route.
Blore-Tirupati road not so good after the recent rains.
I travelled that route just a couple of weeks ago while the rains were lashing out.
Blr-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs is the best. Did the same route from Kurnool-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs recently, and it was perfect.

No safety issues.
Just be careful with stupid drivers trying to prove something they are not capable of. The road is all 4 / 6 laned. I was solo and it was a part night drive, and it was awesome. Even managed to tow-help a accident broken down swift with an old couple inside for about 7kms to the nearest fuel station and further dropped them in Vizag in the middle of the night, though such things can sometimes be traps and risky. So no need for such things unless you are sure.

Ask any of your friends to get you some good Hyd Biryani when you hit the ORR, enjoy it and drive on!!

Any further issues, please feel free to PM me. Will respond immediately.
Warm Regards
Unavowed_X9

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 7th December 2015 at 12:15.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:30   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
Blr-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs is the best. Did the same route from Kurnool-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs recently, and it was perfect.
- How long did you take to reach VJA from HYD? Is it 4 lane all the way?

- If driving from Vizag to HYD is it feasible to do it within 12 hours with a 30 min Annavaram Temple darshan? Likely start from Vizag will be around 6am from one the beach hotels.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks