Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 12:16   #511
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Well isn't 12-13 hours lesser than 15 hours.

I am trying to convey that taking the HYD ORR route should not take more than 12-13 hours to reach Vijayawada . Isn't that two hours of savings.

Try once the HYD ORR route. Its better to drive 1000 kms in 12-13 hours than to drive 820 kms in 15 hrs. Longer the drive more the frustration and fatigue.
15 hours is for Rajamundry to Bangalore. Rajamundry is after Vijayawada towards Kolkatta.
From Vijayawada to bangalore, we took less than 12 hours, that too within a speed range of 80-90 kmph in the night with around 6-7 breaks for tea and food.

I had traveled on Bangalore-Hyderabad route several times in the last 3-4 years. It very good road.
But for me, it does not make sense to travel extra 160-170 km without any added advantages in terms of time/money savings.
Anyway, it is up to individual decide what is best for him.
Old 16th December 2016, 12:34   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
15 hours is for Rajamundry to Bangalore. Rajamundry is after Vijayawada towards Kolkatta.
From Vijayawada to bangalore, we took less than 12 hours, that too within a speed range of 80-90 kmph in the night with around 6-7 breaks for tea and food.

I had traveled on Bangalore-Hyderabad route several times in the last 3-4 years. It very good road.
But for me, it does not make sense to travel extra 160-170 km without any added advantages in terms of time/money savings.
Anyway, it is up to individual decide what is best for him.
Pardon me I am not sure why I kept writing Vijayawada. I meant Rajahmundry. Vijayawada is doable in 11 hours from Bangalore via HYD.
Taking the HYD route and starting by 5AM would mean an arrival of 6 PM in Rajahmundry. I would rather take that than driving after sunset.
Old 21st December 2016, 21:14   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning a trip to Puri from Bangalore in the very near future. I'll be doing this on my motorbike. Now I'm confused, because there seems to be a vehement discussion about two possible routes.

One via HYD ORR and the other via Tirupati. Did I get this right?

Google maps recommends a route via Chittoor, SriKalahasti, Ongole.

What is the final consensus? I think motorbikes arent allowed on the HYD ORR, so will that negate any advantage of traveling on that route? I am trying to read the past few pages and collate thoughts.
Old 21st December 2016, 22:18   #514
BHPian

My opinion based upon diwali trip to kol, it's better to take tirupati route vs -hyd if driving during day. The extra kms for the four lane during day time doesn't make sense as the other route is good too. This obviously based on the assumption that one will not be crossing speed limits on either route.

@Redliner - yes there are two routes, what Google shows you via srikalahasti is the tirupati route which everyone is referring too. My suggestion since you are on bike, if not riding post sunset, take the route suggested by Google and being on bike please be extra careful during the stretch of two lane road.
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:29   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am planning a trip to Puri from Bangalore in the very near future. I'll be doing this on my motorbike. Now I'm confused, because there seems to be a vehement discussion about two possible routes.

One via HYD ORR and the other via Tirupati. Did I get this right?

Google maps recommends a route via Chittoor, SriKalahasti, Ongole.

What is the final consensus? I think motorbikes arent allowed on the HYD ORR, so will that negate any advantage of traveling on that route? I am trying to read the past few pages and collate thoughts.
Via Hyd is simply adding up the miles(a little more than 200 extra kms,car drive times via hyd is 7hrs to Hyd,1-2hrs to cut across the city and join NH9 towards Vijayawada,4hrs from there to Vijayawada),going via Chittoor is absolutely fine and roads are also good,this route has more wayside amenities for a bike as opposed to the boring and monotonous BLR-HYD section.Bangalore-Chittoor-Kalahasti-Nayudupet-join NH5.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:56   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Via Hyd is simply adding up the miles(a little more than 200 extra kms,car drive times via hyd is 7hrs to Hyd,1-2hrs to cut across the city and join NH9 towards Vijayawada,4hrs from there to Vijayawada),going via Chittoor is absolutely fine and roads are also good,this route has more wayside amenities for a bike as opposed to the boring and monotonous BLR-HYD section.Bangalore-Chittoor-Kalahasti-Nayudupet-join NH5.
Fantastic, thank you. I reckon breaking the trip at Vijayawada might make sense. Thats about 650km. And then another 800 km to Puri from there.

Any reasonable place to stay for the night along the highway near vijayawada?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:42   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Fantastic, thank you. I reckon breaking the trip at Vijayawada might make sense. Thats about 650km. And then another 800 km to Puri from there.

Any reasonable place to stay for the night along the highway near vijayawada?
You can check out Aira which is a new place and is on Benz Circle itself https://goo.gl/maps/RzPB3hvwi1J2

Kay Hotel https://goo.gl/maps/JuLQx2LYpqD2
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:54   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can check out Aira which is a new place and is on Benz Circle itself https://goo.gl/maps/RzPB3hvwi1J2

Kay Hotel https://goo.gl/maps/JuLQx2LYpqD2
I think these places look pricey for a solo guy on a budget ride. Guess, its always okay to just ride down the highway and pop into some place for a room for the night on the go.
Old 24th December 2016, 12:21   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Why do we need to cut through the city? You take the ORR even before touching and get down at exit 11. Well if its bike we are discussing then too they can take the service roads parallel to ORR.

Yes the amenities may be more on the other route but that's about it. I still stand by my statement that taking the HYD ORR route will take lesser time.
Old 24th December 2016, 18:45   #520
BHPian

I just did a trip to Bhubaneswar on 21st and took the Hyd route. Though I have never taken the Tirupati route so cannot comment on it but Hyd route is just not tiring but very relaxing. I started from Kadugodi and reached Hyd ORR exit 11 in 7 hours with half an hour stop for breakfast, one stop for refueling and 2-3 stops for kids to answer nature calls. Took me little less than 12 hours to reach Vijayawada.

I will not recommend stopping at A1 as washrooms are not clean and food is just okay. Better stop at Blue Moon which looked more chic.
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:24   #521
Team-BHP Support

Do they accept PayTM or Credit Cards on the highways connecting Hyderabd->Vijaywada->Kakinada?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:32   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Do they accept PayTM or Credit Cards on the highways connecting Hyderabd->Vijaywada->Kakinada?

Thanks in advance.
All of them accept debit cards and few accept Paytm as well. I just did a trip from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar via Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:05   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Thanks in advance.
I did the Hyd-Vijaywada-Hyd on 31st and 1st. All the toll booths accept cards (and some PayTM too). PayTM is accepted on the ORR too. I didn't use these modes as I paid by cash.

PS: Check any ATM outside Hyderabad (20-30 kms onwards) or Vijaywada. You will get cash without any hassle.

Wish you a safe trip.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 08:19   #524
BHPian

Hi,

I would like to know the road condition from Vizag to Bhubaneswar. I am planning to catch a Kolkata bound flight at 8PM from Bhubaneswar. When should I start from Vizag to reach Bhubaneswar safely, park my car at Patya (Nandan Kanan road) and come back to airport for the flight?

Thanks for your help.
Old 15th January 2017, 08:39   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hi,

I would like to know the road condition from Vizag to Bhubaneswar. I am planning to catch a Kolkata bound flight at 8PM from Bhubaneswar. When should I start from Vizag to reach Bhubaneswar safely, park my car at Patya (Nandan Kanan road) and come back to airport for the flight?

Thanks for your help.
Vizag to Bbsr. Cake walk bud. Excellent surface. Appx 420km, and can maintain an average speed of about 70kmph. Only issue of concern is the Inter-State border check post at Chikiti which may entail having to cross over to the opposite lane to negotiate the jam. Beware of the 2-wheelers who travel in the opposite direction of fast lane. Should take max 6-7hrs driving time.

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 15th January 2017 at 08:41.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks