Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2015, 14:00   #1831
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Hey guys,

Any stay options in Hubli that are close to NH4? Will be leaving Pune at 11 am and plan to make an overnight halt at Hubli before proceeding to Coorg the next day. Would appreciate if someone can give some inputs.

Alternatively: if not Hubli, if there are any better options further ahead those will be fine too.

Thanks,

Amogh

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 31st October 2015 at 14:02.
Old 31st October 2015, 14:54   #1832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Hey guys,

Any stay options in Hubli that are close to NH4? Will be leaving Pune at 11 am and plan to make an overnight halt at Hubli before proceeding to Coorg the next day. Would appreciate if someone can give some inputs.

Alternatively: if not Hubli, if there are any better options further ahead those will be fine too.

Thanks,

Amogh
Clarks Inn is a place most folks stay these days. Closer to the Airport and the Hubli Bypass.

http://www.cleartrip.com/hotels/info...n-hubli-312583
Alternate option for you can be Apoorva Resorts after Davanagere bypass. You can look for the exact location either on the first post of this thread or few posts back. This will be around 2.5 hours away from Clarks Inn.

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st October 2015 at 14:59.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:55   #1833
BHPian

Hi folks,
I am driving home to Pune soon and I wanted to know if the Sankam hotel in Belgaum where I had some really good food is still open and running ?
Also any new eateries around that area just off the highway ?
Old 4th November 2015, 18:20   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi folks,
I am driving home to Pune soon and I wanted to know if the Sankam hotel in Belgaum where I had some really good food is still open and running ?
Of course yes. Its running and running hot . One of the few upmarket places in Belgaum that serves equally good food too.

Quote:
Also any new eateries around that area just off the highway ?
There is a new place on the right hand side soon after the Belgaum Bypass before QUEST SEZ. It did look like a better place unlike typical highway hotels catering to all types of crowd. Forgot the same but for exact location, you need to wait till this Saturday as I am driving that side!

Apart from this - Hotel Amar is a good option for some lovely Vegetarian food exactly where Tawandi Ghat ends before Nippani.

You can as well try White House which is a few hundred meters before Hotel Amar (On the left side again) but I haven't tried it as yet.

Beyond this, its MH and when in MH, your search for good food ends as there are aplenty of places as soon as Kolhapur Bypass starts.
Old 4th November 2015, 19:14   #1835
BHPian

Please recommend a few hotels for a brief night halt at Kolhapur.

Will be doing Mumbai-Goa via NH4, but some prior commitments mean an early start from Mumbai is ruled out. Hence thought of stopping overnight at Kolhapur or thereabouts. Need a decent & clean family hotel not too far from the highway.
Old 4th November 2015, 19:20   #1836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Please recommend a few hotels for a brief night halt at Kolhapur.
This would be around 30 kms before Kolhapur (From Karad Side) but a simple, affordable option to stay for the night.

You can check for reviews and bookings here or even call them directly.

Few folks that I know have stayed here and have found this place to be good.

Suggesting this as its bang on the highway. Else inside Kolhapur there are few options like Opal inside Kolhapur (Not too far from the bypass) that you can consider.

Last edited by paragsachania : 4th November 2015 at 19:29.
Old 5th November 2015, 13:26   #1837
BHPian

Thanks a lot parag for the wonderful thread. I was totally at ease using the information available during my recent drive from Pune-Bangalore and back.

Just an update from my side on present road conditions.
The stretch from Chitradurga to Hubli ( some 20 kms before) is uneven at places, so you might get a wobbly sensation if doing high speeds. I experienced it when i was doing around 120'ish but things moved better when i dropped my speed by 20 kmph.

Other than that, the roads are lipsmacking to drive

Good job NHAI

Last edited by bblost : 5th November 2015 at 13:49. Reason: Extra smiley deleted. Please use no more than 2 per post.
Old 5th November 2015, 14:41   #1838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
The stretch from Chitradurga to Hubli ( some 20 kms before) is uneven at places, so you might get a wobbly sensation if doing high speeds. I experienced it when i was doing around 120'ish but things moved better when i dropped my speed by 20 kmph.
Its been that way since past 5+ years now.

They have repaired the wobbly section just before the Bankapura toll booth but not the one between Shiggaon till Hubli (Around 40 kms).

This wobbling is mainly due to the surface becoming uneven due to heavy vehicles and when one tends to change lanes in cars, it results in this wobble when passing over the TopDeadCenter and BottomDeadCenter of these undulations .

This is the case mainly when driving towards Pune. When driving towards Bangalore, the roads are quite OK except near Haveri for a very short stretch.
Old 5th November 2015, 16:27   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Amogh
Amogh,
Have a look at The President Hubli. It is not on the highway but reviews are looking good. And Goibibo is giving out some crazy discounts
I myself have booked it for 19th Nov while returning from Coorg. It costed me Rs 2600 for 4 people inclusive of Breakfast.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 12:03   #1840
BHPian

I will be starting from Pune at 4 AM on 13th Nov. I am planning to reach Mysore (again ambitious) by 8 PM.
One query about route though...
What is the better option? To divert at Hiriyur or at Dabaspet ? Or drive all the way upto Nelmangla and take NICE road and then NH275 ?

Please advise.

Cheers,
AB
Old 6th November 2015, 12:21   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
I will be starting from Pune at 4 AM on 13th Nov. I am planning to reach Mysore (again ambitious) by 8 PM.
Not at all ambitious. With Sedate speeds also, this is manageable along with usual breaks.

Quote:
One query about route though...
What is the better option? To divert at Hiriyur or at Dabaspet ? Or drive all the way upto Nelmangla and take NICE road and then NH275 ?
Hiriyur - Huliyar - Nelligere - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore should be a better choice.

There is no point to drive all the way till NICE for the following reasons:
  • Hiriyur to NICE Entrance is an easy 2.5 hours Drive with the last Leg between Tumkur to NICE a little slower than the rest (of 160 kms this will be 40 kms)
  • Again from NICE you will take 3 hours for sure to reach Mysore which means 6 hours from Hiriyur
  • By taking the Hiriyur option, you bypass Bangalore and surroundings completely
  • You also avoid driving on the Bangalore-Mysore SH17 where you will have to pass key towns of Ramnagara, Channapatna, Maddur, Mandya etc and you don't want to do that after that tiring drive
Just in case you decide to halt for the night and break your journey -
  • Apoorva Resorts at Davanagere
  • Naveen Regency at Chitradurga
  • Naveen Regency at Tumkur (If you want to pass via NICE)

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th November 2015 at 12:33.
Old 10th November 2015, 10:01   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Thank You Parag for the guidance and pointers to reach Tiptur off NH4. The road from Hiriyur through Huliyar was definitely good to Tiptur. Out of 89 Km less than 5 Km was a bit bad but definitely not a deterrent. Thanks once again.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:48   #1843
Lij
BHPian

Thanks Parag, that's a brilliant guide for anyone doing Mumbai-Bangalore.

I went through it in detail as I might drive down to Bangalore next weekend or second week of December and found a small correction required for the google maps location of Shell outlet at Warje. The correct link should be this.

The link in the original post is taking to the previous BPCL pump after the second toll on Mumbai-Pune expressway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Request moderators to change it in original post once Parag confirms as that post is in the bookmarks list for quite a few of us here .
Lij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 17:50   #1844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
found a small correction required for the google maps location of Shell outlet at Warje. The correct link should be this.

The link in the original post is taking to the previous BPCL pump after the second toll on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Thanks Lij for pointing it out. I realise it is indeed pointing to the last fuel station befoe Warje (Expressway Exit) in that list and that may have happened either because I pasted the same URL which was copied earlier or may because it was never copied in the first place.

I have reported the Mods to make the correction.

Also - Just to make sure this has not recurred elsewhere, I checked all links again and except this Warje Shell Station, everything else seems to be perfectly marked.

Thanks again.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th November 2015 at 17:55.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 14:58   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here is an attempt, a comprehensive one, as much as I could to include details regarding Food & Fuel options between Mumbai - Pune- Bangalore that would help most of the queries get addressed in this single post rather than look elsewhere. I have given map location for each of the POIs in chronological order to enable travelers to reach here without much trouble.
Just adding my two cents, one more location to have food, on the Blr to Mum direction Hotel Green Palace after the toll at Ranebennur on the left side. Good food, decent levels of cleanliness, Sharma Transports stops here for food. If you start from Blr by 5 00 you should be reaching this location by around 9 00

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 19:21. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks