Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2020, 18:01   #2686

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2Run View Post
There are many travelers who are waiting on update for travel from Karnataka to Maharashtra or to other states through Maharashtra and; also traveling to Karnataka from Maharashtra or other states (via Maharashtra).

To enter Karnataka,
One must successfully register on Seva Sindhu Portal with number of travelers and all other required details. it is suggested to take printout of the same as it will be handy when you are stopped by authorities at various check posts.
Thanks Rev2Run for this super detailed post! I have just registered on Seva Sindhu for travel on 14th June (starting from Mumbai). I will have one more colleague with me and we both have registered separately. For the printout, did you carry just a print of the form that you filled? Currently, when I go to track my application, it says Under Process. Once processed, is that when you receive the QR Code?

Does anyone know if this Mumbai Police form is necessary? And if so, how much in advance does one need to fill it out? Link
sarvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 21:16   #2687

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I had travelled from Bengaluru and come to my home state of Gujarat on 21st March just a day before janta curfew.....

1) Are there too many checks on highway in Maharashtra currently? Does the seva Sindhu registration printout suffice or should I get an e-pass from local authorities in Gujarat?
There were checks on the Maharashtra highway and I have to show Seva Sindhu registration acknowledgement to get through. One suggestion, stick to right lane on highway when you approach the police check post as they allow all goods vehicle to pass through right lane and if you opt for left lane then you might end up behind other private vehicles trying to enter Maharashtra and it may increase your journey time.

Quote:
2) I believe hotels are going to start operating from 8th June. Is it possible to take a break and stay overnight at Belgaum and then start next day for Bangalore?
I think it should be possible to get hotel in Belgaum. Although I hope you are going to confirm with hotel before starting your journey.

Quote:
3) Is it too much of hassle with local authorities in current situation and better to postpone travel? Just to note that I am travelling with GJ registered car.
If you genuinely need to travel and if your paperwork is clear then it's not too much hassle even if you are traveling in GJ registered car. Your journey time will increase little as you might be stopped at various police check posts for confirmation. At Karnataka border, there was a family from Rajasthan in RJ passing car and they were destined for Bangalore. I noticed them on the way to Bangalore till Sira so I hope there is no problem with other state registered vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvatron View Post
Thanks Rev2Run for this super detailed post! I have just registered on Seva Sindhu for travel on 14th June (starting from Mumbai). I will have one more colleague with me and we both have registered separately. For the printout, did you carry just a print of the form that you filled? Currently, when I go to track my application, it says Under Process. Once processed, is that when you receive the QR Code?

Does anyone know if this Mumbai Police form is necessary? And if so, how much in advance does one need to fill it out? Link
You are welcome Sarvatron. Earlier when I submitted the form on Seva Sindhu, I immediately got acknowledgement of the registration. I chose the first option available on left hand side "COVID-19: Travel to Karnataka by Road/Train/Flight" and generated acknowledgement was having traveler detail and QR code with border entry point mentioned.

Looking at the current situation, I think you may not need Mumbai Police form however someone who has traveled from Mumbai to any other place can confirm it better.
Rev2Run is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 21:55   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the current situation, I think you may not need Mumbai Police form however someone who has traveled from Mumbai to any other place can confirm it better.
I travelled from Bombay to Bangalore in mid-May. At that point I needed both an MH and a KA pass. Ideally print it out, though I had one printed out and one on my phone and both worked equally well.
Old 9th June 2020, 07:14   #2689
BHPian

For entry into KA by road, is "registered applicant" the same as having a "submitted application under process"? Or is there a specific "user registration" form? If so, what's the link?

I thought they were the same. But when I query on my application status, it says "Unregistered user" in the "Applied by" field, hence the doubt.
Old 9th June 2020, 12:09   #2690

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
For entry into KA by road, is "registered applicant" the same as having a "submitted application under process"? Or is there a specific "user registration" form? If so, what's the link?

I thought they were the same. But when I query on my application status, it says "Unregistered user" in the "Applied by" field, hence the doubt.
It appears as though the guideline has changed (and not been communicated to anyone including those working at the Seva Sindu helpline, watch video).

There is major confusion about the pass and application as reported in this Bangalore Mirror article.

A group of us are planning to travel to Bangalore from Mumbai on 14th June (Sunday) and all managed to register on Seva Sindhu for that date but are yet to get an update on the approval (we only applied yesterday). Given the new guidelines set up by the central government, as long as we follow the SOPs outlined by the states, we should be allowed to travel (it is technically a Constitutional Right, but who is thinking about that, right?).

From my understanding, it's best to register on Seva Sindhu for your expected date of travel, and either wait until you get the approval or wait until someone has first hand experience to share (I will definitely keep this thread posted on my experience in the coming days). Going by what has been shared earlier, as long as you have your documents and reasons in order, you should be allowed to pass through into Karnataka after screening without any issues.
sarvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 21:24   #2691

According to the latest news coming in, Karnataka has decided to do away with Institutional quarantine for MH returnees and enforce strict home quarantine by sealing homes.

Economic Times
Deccan Herald

Times of India
Old 10th June 2020, 16:01   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
There were checks on the Maharashtra highway and I have to show Seva Sindhu registration acknowledgement to get through. One suggestion, stick to right lane on highway when you approach the police check post as they allow all goods vehicle to pass through right lane and if you opt for left lane then you might end up behind other private vehicles trying to enter Maharashtra and it may increase your journey time.
Thank you Rev2Run for very detailed answer. Does the 9pm to 7am curfew timing applied for Lockdown 5.0 impact any travel if travelling at night? I am thinking of options of driving from Surat to Bangalore directly vs taking a night halt at Belgaum.
Old 16th June 2020, 13:18   #2693
BHPian

I was looking for road travel from Mumbai to Belgaum, Karnataka and tried applying for an e-pass on Mumbai police portal and it went really smooth and they were super quick to respond within 2 hours in the morning, all in one go. Actually, I wasn't sure of undertaking this drive for covid test related complexities but thought of atleast keeping the pass ready so that I can use it in case I finalize the drive.

From the below mentioned categories I selected "stranded individual" as that seemed more appropriate than selecting fake reason of emergencies. However, to my dismay, my application got rejected. I am unable to understand the reason that Mumbai police has stated to me. Has Karnataka stopped taking in stranded individuals from MH, more so Mumbai ?

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20200616124305.jpg

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20200616130448__01.jpg

People looking for applying henceforth can consider selecting " extreme emergency case/issue" as it can mean a broader range of possibilities, like even having to sign an important document.

On the other hand, looked up on the Seva Sindhu portal of Karnataka. What with the slot system and all, NH4 Kognoli toll, MH-KA border is sold out for next 4 days. I figured out that an average of 1300 odd slots are made available per day for NH4 entry and all of them are full for next 4 days. Chorla side entry ( one can do a Mumbai--Pune--Kolhapur--Gargoti--Ajra--Chandgad--Tilari ghat--Dodamarg--Chorla--Belgaum super circuitous route ) had 218 available right away tomorrow while the Kagwad entry ( from Sangli side, not NH4 ) had it full for next two days.

One thing I understood is that the chances of getting an e-pass approved from Mumbai police on the same day or within few hours to 24 hours max is very high.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 14:42   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Quote:
People looking for applying henceforth can consider selecting " extreme emergency case/issue" as it can mean a broader range of possibilities, like even having to sign an important document. ...
Quote:
On the other hand, looked up on the Seva Sindhu portal of Karnataka. What with the slot system and all, NH4 Kognoli toll, MH-KA border is sold out for next 4 days. I figured out that an average of 1300 odd slots are made available per day .
Somehow genuine requests don't stand a chance. And the mindset is the same - "limited"! How they intend to stop the virus spreading with this sort of an action plan is beyond me, but then I'm no expert in the Indian bureaucracy, we will have to start believing in miracles...
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 09:55   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Somehow genuine requests don't stand a chance. And the mindset is the same - "limited"! How they intend to stop the virus spreading with this sort of an action plan is beyond me, but then I'm no expert in the Indian bureaucracy, we will have to start believing in miracles...
True that. I think Karnataka being less affected with covid-19 has resorted to this slot system. People are easily getting a pass and driving to Gujarat from Mumbai/Pune.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 10:31   #2696
BHPian

My Uncle booked his car with a transporter around 2 weeks back to move it from Pune to Thiruvananthapuram. But the car is still with the transporter in Pune and they are blaming it on KA not allowing entry to the transport vehicle from MH.

Does any of you know of any restriction on goods movement from Pune through Karnataka? I've not come across any such restriction in the media but not sure if there are specific restrictions being applied locally.
Mnjdnght is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 12:02   #2697

Quick update from my side:
Reached Bangalore on Sunday. Drove Mum-Pune on Saturday (13th). Pune - BLR on Sunday 14th.

Had the Mumbai Police pass for Mum-BLR for 14th, a last minute change of plans on Friday meant I had to apply for a new pass to Mum-Pune, although that never came through, I used my Mum-BLR pass when asked and that worked.

Had the Seva Sindhu registration (all the officials ask for at the border is the registration number starting with RD813xxxxxxx) and once they verify it, you get a message. I was stamped for Institutional Quarantine and asked to report to DRC Yeshwanthpur.

Once in Yeshwanthpur, I looked around for where I should be reporting, tried BBMP helpline, railway station, police station etc but no one had an answer. After 2 hours of trying to be a good citizen, gave up and went home for the night.

The next morning, I managed to get in touch with some high ranking officials who finally put me in touch with the ADC, who in turn put me in touch with the Tehsildar, who then put me in touch with the person managing the hotels. Finally, got a list of hotels, made a choice and checked in.

What I hear from the ADC, for anyone entering by road from MH, there is a check post at the Nelamangala toll, report there, make your pick of hotel for IQ and complete the process. All in all, the whole way, cops were extremely polite and helpful in both MH and KA. Did not see them harass or create trouble for anyone.

If you are able to get your passes sorted, you should be fine to travel. Although I technically made it home on the first day, a senior BBMP official known to my family suggested going through the IQ as the KA govt is tracking this very very carefully and best to go through and avoid any issues later (particularly if there is a case or a spike of cases in your neighborhood). Happy to answer any questions if anyone has them. Thanks to all for all the help and support here!
sarvatron is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 12:31   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
My Uncle booked his car with a transporter around 2 weeks back to move it from Pune to Thiruvananthapuram. But the car is still with the transporter in Pune and they are blaming it on KA not allowing entry to the transport vehicle from MH.

Does any of you know of any restriction on goods movement from Pune through Karnataka? I've not come across any such restriction in the media but not sure if there are specific restrictions being applied locally.
I can relate to this. The reason that Maharashtra police gives you on rejecting your pass is that - "Destination state is not giving consent". By all means, KA not allowing entry could be true because I have learnt of incidents where people were stuck at MH--KA border upto 24 hours or more due to authorities holding up vehicles for various reasons. I am absolutely not blaming the authorities here as I understand they are doing their best and the circumstances are such that confusion prevails over at every step. Best is to wait for few days and try again, may be after June 30th ?? I just gave up on my interstate road travel from Mumbai to Belgaum,Karnataka after my epass request got rejected twice and although technically I should be able to cross over being a Doctor ( legally stated by guidelines ), I don't want to run into unwanted hassles and rather stick to easy SOP way.

At the same time, many have undertaken a hassle free journey from Mumbai/Pune to various places in Karnataka, as well.

Last edited by vivek95 : 17th June 2020 at 12:32.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 15:32   #2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I can relate to this. The reason that Maharashtra police gives you on rejecting your pass is that - "Destination state is not giving consent". By all means, KA not allowing entry could be true because I have learnt of incidents where people were stuck at MH--KA border upto 24 hours or more due to authorities holding up vehicles for various reasons. I am absolutely not blaming the authorities here as I understand they are doing their best and the circumstances are such that confusion prevails over at every step. Best is to wait for few days and try again, may be after June 30th ?? I just gave up on my interstate road travel from Mumbai to Belgaum,Karnataka after my epass request got rejected twice and although technically I should be able to cross over being a Doctor ( legally stated by guidelines ), I don't want to run into unwanted hassles and rather stick to easy SOP way.

At the same time, many have undertaken a hassle free journey from Mumbai/Pune to various places in Karnataka, as well.
I've also heard these instances of people getting stuck at the border for hours etc. but further probing each of the individuals who shared these stories led to "oh I just heard from xyz who in turn heard from a 3rd or 4th person". I just fear that there is a lot of fake news doing the rounds at this time to discourage people from traveling.

While it's probably best to avoid traveling unless absolutely necessary, I think if one follows the due process, gets the necessary permissions and co-operates with the authorities, it should not be an issue. Just my opinion based on my experience.
sarvatron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 16:19   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvatron View Post
I've also heard these instances of people getting stuck at the border for hours etc. but further probing each of the individuals who shared these stories led to "oh I just heard from xyz who in turn heard from a 3rd or 4th person". I just fear that there is a lot of fake news doing the rounds at this time to discourage people from traveling.

While it's probably best to avoid traveling unless absolutely necessary, I think if one follows the due process, gets the necessary permissions and co-operates with the authorities, it should not be an issue. Just my opinion based on my experience.
I totally agree with you that rumours galore during these times. However some of the information I got has come from highly reliable sources. Nevertheless I agree with you, if one sticks to the proper procedures and most importantly humbly cooperates with the authorities rather than harshly arguing with them, things will get solved. Thanks for sharing your experience and that will surely help a lot others looking forward for the same. In my case, the issue arose mostly because I applied for the business traveller category and this is something I have never heard or read anyone's personal account. MH might have declined my application because I specified the return date as well in view of my short stint in Karnataka. I doubt this is the rarest category one chooses to apply. All those heading to KA for a long stay and ready to go quarantine are mostly having a hassle free experience
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks