Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2020, 20:00   #2716

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

I am planning to travel from KA to MH with my family in August.
There are few questions on my mind

1. will I need KA EPass or MH Epass too?
2. also, do I need any medical certificate?
3.Approx. how much days does it take to approve Epass ?

Asking lot of questions since I will be travelling with baby.

Please provide your suggestions.
Old 13th July 2020, 07:54   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Please share your experience wrt Corona restrictions on the route. Thank you
Final Update :

I started at 5:30 AM in the morning and reached Bangalore at 6:00 pm. Then took another 51 minutes to reach home at HSR layout. Landed home at 6:51 PM.

In total i was stopped 4 times for checking.
Same questions :
Reason for travel ?
How many Days ?
Do you have a local MH pass to travel within state ?

With lockdown 2.0 starting in Pune travel pass within Maharashtra is again coming back. As i did not have a MH pass, i showed them the Aadhar card which has my Bangalore address and also got down and spoke to Sr officers and shared that i am going home not coming back, travelling with kids as old parents are alone in Bangalore.

Before Nippani they have a check post in Karnataka.
Need to park the car here, go with family, in 2nd row people are sitting for thermal screening. They will ask for RD no and issue chits. Fill RD no, Name and destination on the chits for all travelers. Post screening they will stamp the chits and the hand for Home Quarantine for 14 days.

Post that go to counter 1, show chits again, they will verify RD no, do entry for person and vehicle details and trip details and duration. After this you need to go outside and near the road police shed is setup. Here they will check the chits and you need to again answer same questions for you to get a Car Pass for travel.

Once all this is done , you go back and get the car out of parking, the police will check your chits and car pass and let you go. As you travel little bit of distance on the first toll you need to get down park the car to left and go to 1st counter for Data entry, where they will capture the car details, passengers, where to address and contact details. Post this you pay the toll and move on.

No further checking or check post was there and i drove all the way home.
MH side roads were better. KA side as they are building 3 lanes and flyovers there are too many diversions with speed breakers and they ruin the please of driving. Only in the last stretch of 180 kms i did not get any diversions and it was a breeze.

Total time spent on all check posts around 1 hour 15 minutes.
Also spend 20 minutes in a jam due to a road accident where an I10 banged a trailer.

Some do's and don'ts at the Nippani screening post and for the trip :
- Carry your own pen.
- Do not touch the tables for writing on chits nor at the counter
- Keep the right hand high for them to put stamp one do not rest on table or barricade.
- Keep sanitizer handy and ensure you use it before entering and use it before exiting.
- Keep the RD No ready to share and write down
- You only need to apply for epass on Sindhu seva post that you get acknowledgement no only that is needed to travel
- Verification and approval is done at Nippani check post after screening. Post leaving you will get a sms confirmation also for screening done and pass approval and verification.
- Keep a hard copy of the RD no details with you.
- Do not stop anywhere to eat or drink most of the places were closed fuel pumps were open.
- For ladies i stopped at Shell Petrol pump post crossing Hubli, Refilled fuel there it is clean and neat and recommended for use if someone wants to go to washroom.

Currently lock down is starting in Bangalore from tomorrow 14th July and in Pune it started from today. Hope the above helps for anyone travelling by road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkaqua View Post

Asking lot of questions since I will be travelling with baby.

Answers Inline :

1. will I need KA EPass or MH Epass too? - Yes they are asking for one so better to have both.
2. also, do I need any medical certificate? - Not needed they did not ask anywhere for one.
3.Approx. how much days does it take to approve Epass ? - I applied on Friday evening for Bangalore travel and travelled next day morning with RD no. For MH pass i did not apply for it.

Asking lot of questions since I will be travelling with baby. -
As you are travelling with baby in Sindhu Seva you have an option of travelling with Kids below 10 years apply under that category.

Currently lockdown is on in Pune and for Karnataka in Bangalore it starts from 14th July so just ensure you travel post that now as you are going by road.

Last edited by Dushie : 13th July 2020 at 08:04.
Dushie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:11   #2718

Hi all, I need to travel from Pune to Blr on urgent note due to death in family. However I am told that you will be placed on home quarantine 1-2 days after arriving in Blr. I do not intend to stay for long and plan to return in 5 days. Will I still have to be under quarantine in Blr. Quick response from recent travellers most appreciated
Old 22nd July 2020, 18:48   #2719
BHPian

Need advice from people who have traveled to Maharashtra by road.
I am traveling from Belgaum to Pune and have applied for a pass on the Seva Sindhu portal.
My question is do we need to obtain a medical certificate? If yes does it have to be a Government issued certificate?

Last edited by swapnilup : 22nd July 2020 at 19:11.
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:12   #2720

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Need advice from people who have traveled to Maharashtra by road.
I am traveling from Belgaum to Pune and have applied for a pass on the Seva Sindhu portal.
My question is do we need to obtain a medical certificate? If yes does it have to be a Government issued certificate?
Medical certificate is not required, Epass is enough.

Did Seva Sindhu gave you the specific date of travel or its a date range in which you can travel?
shrinkaqua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:06   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Medical certificate is not required, Epass is enough.
Got some information(not first hand) that cops in Maharashtra have asked the medical certificate for a few folks.
Quote:
Did Seva Sindhu gave you the specific date of travel or its a date range in which you can travel?
No such date or date range is mentioned on the pass. The date of approval is mentioned at the top of the pass and that's it. Some websites have mentioned the pass to be valid for 7 days from date of approval.
I applied for the pass twice this month, in both cases it got approved within 24 hours. I did not travel the first time because of the lock down in Pune.
swapnilup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 10:48   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
No such date or date range is mentioned on the pass. The date of approval is mentioned at the top of the pass and that's it. Some websites have mentioned the pass to be valid for 7 days from date of approval.
Quick update - Travelled today from Belgaum to Pune. Left at 5:30am and reached at 9:30. Was stopped and asked for pass once at Maharashtra border and twice between Kolhapur and Karad. An affirmative yes and they asked to proceed, did not check it.
I was carrying a pass from Seva Sindhu portal and a medical certificate from a local doctor.
swapnilup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 13:19   #2723

Quote:
Quick update - Travelled today from Belgaum to Pune. Left at 5:30am and reached at 9:30. Was stopped and asked for pass once at Maharashtra border and twice between Kolhapur and Karad. An affirmative yes and they asked to proceed, did not check it.
I was carrying a pass from Seva Sindhu portal and a medical certificate from a local doctor.
My first post on this forum! Need help in filling out the online form for the MH epass. I need to get back home to Mumbai for a medical emergency. I'm finding it quite difficult in understanding which options to select on the portal. Could someone guide me with what options to choose while filling out the form? Fellow recent travellers wo have crossed the KA-MH border, your insights will be extremely helpful. My proposed route - Bangalore > Chitradurga > Belgaum > Kolhapur > Pune > Mumbai (suburban)
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20200727122634922_com.android.chrome.jpg

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20200727122706490_com.android.chrome.jpg
I'm also attaching two pics of the MH epass portal for your reference.

Also, do let me know if I'm on the wrong path and need to do something else altogether. Cheers!
Old 27th July 2020, 13:59   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_cruiser View Post
Also, do let me know if I'm on the wrong path and need to do something else altogether. Cheers!
My sister in law and kids were stuck in Mumbai and had to travel to Mangalore where my brother works, after trying out multiple avenues, they traveled by air from Mumbai to Mangalore and are now quarantined at Mangalore. My brother did try the seva sindhu and the MH pass but it was not approved in time and had to resort to flight, would suggest that you should also try to fly as its relatively hassle free. Hope you can make to Mumbai soon.
Old 27th July 2020, 16:53   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_cruiser View Post
Could someone guide me with what options to choose while filling out the form? Fellow recent travellers wo have crossed the KA-MH border, your insights will be extremely helpful. My proposed route - Bangalore > Chitradurga > Belgaum > Kolhapur > Pune > Mumbai (suburban)
I only had the pass from Seva Sindhu portal. I did not apply on the MH portal as there is no option in that for entering Maharashtra.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:41   #2726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick' View Post
Hi all, I need to travel from Pune to Blr on urgent note due to death in family. However I am told that you will be placed on home quarantine 1-2 days after arriving in Blr. I do not intend to stay for long and plan to return in 5 days. Will I still have to be under quarantine in Blr. Quick response from recent travellers most appreciated
Traveled from Pune to Bangalore on 22 Jul. Started at 7am from Pune. It was a breeze out, lot lesser traffic. First check post at Shirwal, cops asked for MH pass which I had. No further checks until I reached Kagnoli checkpost of Karnataka. Process here is already explained in detail thanks to @Dushie. Post crossing this checkpost, no further checks till Bangalore. We were asked for purpose of visit at Kagnoli and do we plan to stay long. We informed the officials that we intend to return in 4-5 days. Thankfully we were stamped as Transit travelers and were exempted from Quarantine.

Started back from Bangalore on 26 Jul at 8am and reached Pune by 8pm. No checking for pass at MH entry point. We were just asked where we were headed and were let go. Another checkpoint between Kolhapur and Karad, same thing. They were doing this more as a formality, did not see any seriousness. Reached home without further stops.

Have applied for another e-pass today to travel to Bangalore on 31 Jul and return on 02 Aug. It was approved in an hour. Have to do multiple trips to avoid quarantine.
Maverick' is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 22:25   #2727
BHPian

Travelled today(27th July) by road in my car (KA regd) from Bangalore to Talegaon (near Pune). Started at 6 am & reached at 7':20 pm approx 900 kms with breaks of around 1.10 mins.
Roads : All ok except for 200 kms after Chitradurga with deviations. Some broken surfaces at Satara but nothing exceptional.
Hardly any car traffic upto Pune border.
Amenities : petrol pumps are all open. In KA side, restaurants are open. In MH side, it's like ghost town upto Pune border with all hotels & even tea shops closed. I am concerned how these businesses & staff are surviving. We carried our own food & ate at Reliance pump Sankeshwar. Also, in CCD before Apoorva resort, stopped for loo break. Bought a snack out of courtesy & staff told that order & payment to be placed on their website ! I told staff to order for me & paid cash to him. I don't know if this is now norm at all CCDs.
Fasttag : worked at all tolls including at Hubli. Had to reverse & change lanes at toll before dharward as machine didn't detect/hanged.
Covid checks :
1. No check for us at KA side. There are cops in 2-3 places but no dedicated checkposts so some cars are stopped to check randomly.
2. MH side : Cops have checkpost at MH entry before Kolhapur, then Karad, Satara. Total 4 checkposts on MH side.
3. Cops ask destination town & whether MH ePass is there. I said no ePass & they said to proceed.
4. Was fined 500 rs for not wearing mask in car after Khed Shivapur toll. There is rule that need to wear mask in car at all times. I didn't know this rule but was wearing mask when I stepped out of car. Tried to explain that me, my wife & my 5 year old live together so I was not wearing mask when in the car. But they said they have target of 50 challans & showed me a govt circular in Marathi. That's what the document said so I paid. The receipt is of Pune rural administration.
Now will follow 14 days HQ. Just figuring out which authorities to inform of our arrival.
Old 11th August 2020, 14:21   #2728
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have to travel from Bangalore to Mumbai on 18th Aug, with my wife and kid.

I understand from seva Sindhu portal, there is no exit pass option available. Similarly at MH, there isn’t an option for entry pass from different state, although pass option is available for intra state and to another state. Weird!

Does this mean I don’t have requirement to apply for pass at both states? Please confirm my understanding as I don’t get surprises from state authorities!

Also recently how are the facilities enroute - food and washrooms?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 20th August 2020, 17:33   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did my yearly trip to Palakkad (Kerala). Apart from the multitude number of diversions till Chitradurga, I was able to maintain a good average speed. Left office at 16:00 hrs and reached Kolhapur at 19:30 hrs. Stayed at my preferred Hotel GaneshRatna which is very much near to the highway. Next day left Kolhapur by 04:00 hrs and reached Grand Estancia, Salem (TN) by 17:00 Hrs. My hometown was just another 3:30 hrs from Salem to which I could have easily continued if not for the Hotel booking which I did very hastily. Looking at the effective time taken, I can very well do Pune-Palakkad in less than 1.5-day (night stop included), which is way lesser than the time taken by the train (Coimbatore express) I used to travel previously.
10:30 pm- Home to Pune Junction- Day1
2:00 am- Pune Junction-Coimbatore express- Day2
7:30 am- Coimbatore Junction- Day3
9:00 am- Catch Parsuram express to Palakkad- Day3
11:00 am- Home sweet home- Day3

The roads in TN have improved by leaps and bounds, awesome roads I must say. The Pune-Satara stretched has marginally improved.

Hi, I can see your S-Cross with FX1100 Halogen Super Sports, can you please tell me how is it performing during night highway drives and how much did it cost you?
Old 26th August 2020, 23:57   #2730

Quote:

UPDATE: Travelled on 24th Aug from Bangalore to Mumbai. Random checking on KA highways, was stopped and asked for Licence, Insurance & PUC. No barricades or police at the Nipani check post. There are check post once you enter MH but was not stopped might be because mine was MH licence plate. Though I was having Epass, no one asked for it.
shrinkaqua is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed