Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2022, 23:58   #3346
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
This time New Years is on a Sunday, eve of the first working day of the year and reopening day for a lot of schools ending the 9 day holiday season. So contrary to assumption, you can expect all half the country on the roads.

With current status quo of 6-laning, Madras-Bangalore cannot be done in 5 hours given the start timing.
Then might be the usual 6 hrs I take, but choice I don't have, have to reach Bom by 2nd Jan, work on 3rd Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
Hubli for sure....that is if you can hit Blore by 4 or 4:30....if you can bypass Blore at 4, I might even give Belgaum a try....Sankam Residency is my usual pit-stop for a late-afternoon start from Blore....you can also then have a smoother Pune bypass....Mumbai traffic is unavoidable in any case...
What's the average time taken from Blr to Davanagere and Blr to Hubli in your opinion?
Old 3rd December 2022, 10:36   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Then might be the usual 6 hrs I take, but choice I don't have, have to reach Bom by 2nd Jan, work on 3rd Jan.

What's the average time taken from Blr to Davanagere and Blr to Hubli in your opinion?
Nelamangala to Hubli should be 5-6 hrs depending on breaks...Davanagere is around 3 hrs from Nelamangala...
explorer09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 10:06   #3348

[quote=IamGetz;5286524]Just completed my maiden run on the Bangalore Pune stretch yesterday

Hello IamGetz,

Thank you for posting this. Plan to drive from Mumbai to Bengaluru in the 3rd week of December. With current tense situation in Belgavi, also with yearly Karnataka winter assembly session in 2nd half of December, all hotels in Belgaum are sold out, which would have been ideal night halt between, is ruled out. Travelling with wife and 13 year old niece in my MG Hector CVT. Have now decided to stop over at Kolhapur
( wife wants to visit mahalakshmi temple ) which offers a decent hotel. Did checkout Dharwad but did not find any decent hotels to stay with family.

You mentioned you would be posting your return trip highlights in May, wanted to check any latest updates on diversions / NH work from TeamBHP community to help.plan my trip better. Day 2 will be a 600 km long drive for the above mentioned reasons

Thank you

Balaji Iyer
Old 4th December 2022, 22:16   #3349
BHPian

Just completed marriage run of approx 2400 kms.

Bangalore ( whitefield) - Belgaum - Pen (raigad district) - Mumbai ( Borivali) - Pen - Pali - Mahad - Khed - Kolhapur - Bangalore (whitefiled)
  • Roads in Karnataka are in phenomenal shape
  • Had a major scare just before Belagum . Sugarcane tractor had spilled sugarcane all over the road and car skidded on same as I could not spot at night. ( almost 1.20 am). Entire section - one needs to be very careful of these sugarcane carriers.
  • Roads in Konkan are in pathetic shape
  • Kumbharli Ghat at night is scary at night because of all the big potholes.

Car used - Toyota Etios Liva.
Mostly traveled at night as my 4 year daughter would sleep in car.
Old 4th December 2022, 22:20   #3350
BHPian

[quote=Balajiriyer;5450331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGetz View Post
Just completed my maiden run on the Bangalore Pune stretch yesterday

Hello IamGetz,

Thank you for posting this. Plan to drive from Mumbai to Bengaluru in the 3rd week of December. With current tense situation in Belgavi, also with yearly Karnataka winter assembly session in 2nd half of December, all hotels in Belgaum are sold out, which would have been ideal night halt between, is ruled out. Travelling with wife and 13 year old niece in my MG Hector CVT. Have now decided to stop over at Kolhapur
( wife wants to visit mahalakshmi temple ) which offers a decent hotel. Did checkout Dharwad but did not find any decent hotels to stay with family.

You mentioned you would be posting your return trip highlights in May, wanted to check any latest updates on diversions / NH work from TeamBHP community to help.plan my trip better. Day 2 will be a 600 km long drive for the above mentioned reasons

Thank you

Balaji Iyer
Kolhapur to Bangalore is easily doable in under 11 hours with 3 or 4 breaks. Personally completed it yesterday with 4 year old in car.
Please plan in a way that you cross Nelmanagala well before evening traffic starts.
--9-- is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed