Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:20   #346
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Bangalore - Belgaum - Pune - Belgaum - Bangalore trip.

Wouldn't comment anything on the state of roads between Hubli to Pune. They are more or less the same execpt a few addition of patches.

This time I listened to fellow BHPians and didn't enter Bangalore via Nelamangala which was a huge change. Took the alternative Dobbaspete route. But while going I had take the Nelamangala route.

The water clogged roads between Chitradurga and Haveri have been replaced by potholes and deep intrusions of all sizes. Hatches and Sedans - be extra careful. These roads finally took a toll on my GTX as a result of which the front suspension arm screwed up. I can hear distinct noise while turning right which was not present before this trip.

Someone commented on the huge spead breakers enroute Yeshwantpur and Nelamangala. Folks these are not speedbreakers but CARBREAKERS. Seriously they are enormous.

It was a pleasant trip all in all and this time there weren't many accidents compared to my previous trips.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:24   #347
Senior - BHPian

dodbellapur dobespet road

Hi all,
I heard that all heavy vehicular traffic has now been diverted through dobespet dodbellarpur road. If so how is the condition of the road? Is it still worth the extra kms to take this route instead of the normal neelamangala yeshwantpur route?
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:43   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Are those pics somewhere near Davanagere ?
Yeah, these pics are of road between Davangere & Ranibennur stretch...
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:53   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveklk View Post
Yeah, these pics are of road between Davangere & Ranibennur stretch...
Gosh ! then these have detoriated furthur. Last time I saw, there was some tar on the surface.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:38   #350
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi all,
I heard that all heavy vehicular traffic has now been diverted through dobespet dodbellarpur road. If so how is the condition of the road? Is it still worth the extra kms to take this route instead of the normal neelamangala yeshwantpur route?
A few kms more will ensure you piece of mind for sure. I personally loathe the nelamangala stretch - bad driving ethics, humungous speedbreakers, broken down trucks, inter-state buses and what not.

As of yesterday, I didn't see any traffic being diverted.

Where are you put up? If you are in north Bangalore, the route you mentioned seems a better option. If in south, NICE is preferable.
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I am planning to leave at 6am from Blr to Dharwad on Friday. Is it better to take the Yelahanka - Dodabelapur - Dobbspet route at this time? Or stick to the Tumkur route? Whats the latest time you guys suggest the NH4 - Tumkur route should be taken?

Thanks

Can somebody help me out here? At 6am is the direct Nelamangala doable? Or should I take the Dobbspet route. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will really appreciate any pointers!
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:38   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody help me out here? At 6am is the direct Nelamangala doable? Or should I take the Dobbspet route. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will really appreciate any pointers!
If you could advance it by an hour, it would help. It also depends on your origin. If from south of bangalore i suggest to take NICE.
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:43   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If you could advance it by an hour, it would help. It also depends on your origin. If from south of bangalore i suggest to take NICE.
I am starting from Cantonment so quite close to Mekhri circle. I think 6am is the earliest we can leave. I have a 1 yr old kid to pack too :-)
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:52   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No problem at all at that time. A friend drove down 2-3 days ago via Hebbal-Jalahalli-Dasarahalli to Nelamangala to Bombay, and reported mild traffic conditions.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:00   #355

Bangalore road traffic

I did Blore Pune few days ago.

Traffic will be mild at 06:00 hrs. Take ORR upto BEL circle, turn right and straight, turn left at a large housing complex (forgot name). After a flyover and a Ayappa temple (on left) you will meet NH4. Construction work is on till Nelamangala toll with diversions. Watch out for the really big speed breakers. From Nelamangala its great roads till Tumkur bypass where a bit of diversions and huge speedbreakers slow you down. Again great roads till Chitradurga bypass. On the way, look out for a speebreaker on Hiriyur bypass.
Chitradurga --- Haveri bypass roads are mix of good/bad. You may encounter traffic in Rannebennur and Motebennur. Watch out for speedbreakers and road dips all along the way in this stretch from Chitradurga to Haveri bypass. Also keep fuel tank filled up for journey upto Hubli. Ideally top up at Sira bypass or Chitradurga bypass.
No need for any further checks from Haveri bypass upto Mumbai. You may lose some time at the toll gates though. The Khambatki toll has been removed both ways, thats a relief!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:00   #356
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am starting from Cantonment so quite close to Mekhri circle. I think 6am is the earliest we can leave. I have a 1 yr old kid to pack too :-)
Should not be a problem at that time but please beware of the speed breakers. I'm writing assuming you are driving a Sedan/Hatch. If its an SUV, no problem at all.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:23   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Should not be a problem. I have done this stretch leaving Koramangala at 6:45 AM and did not face too much of a problem either. Yes, there is construction and deviations but it is not a night mare.

Nainar
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:44   #358
BHPian

Can someone just give the details of this Dodballapur - Dobbaspet route starting from Hebbal Flyover?

Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:39   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Can someone just give the details of this Dodballapur - Dobbaspet route starting from Hebbal Flyover?

Thanks
Check my earlier post on the subject (Dobespet-Hebbal route)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1016356

When you are coming from Pune side, you first cross Tumkur
You cross the toll gate.
You cross Upachar Kamat on the left
12 kms from the toll gate (and 2 kms after Upachar Kamat), you reach Dobespet.
There is a flyover here - take it if you want to continue on NH4 to Bangalore.
Go below the Flyover if you want to go to Dodballapur
There are 2left turns at the Flyover, take the second left.
37 kms from the Flyover is Dodballapur.
Turn right here (Straight goes to Devanahalli and new Airport, via Nandi Hills)
Within 1 km, you will cross a level crossing.
Turn right after the level crossing, go 6 kms via the Dodballapyur Railway Station.
You will cross another level crossing.
In the next 18 kms, you will reach the Yelahanka Rail Wheel Factory.
2 kms further down, you will reach a T Junction (with a signal) where you turn right.
And within 1 km, you touch the NH7, where you turn right and go towards Hebbal.
From the NH7 junction, it is 5 kms to the Hebbal Flyover, where you can get onto the Outer Ring Road, to connect to Old Madras Road, Hosur, etc.
Old 24th October 2009, 16:12   #360
BHPian

Thanks Mr. Kumar. I guess, it should be about 10-15 kms more than the regular Peenya route. But I'll definately take this route during peak hours.

And while returning back from Mumbai, it took about 3 hours to reach Bangalore from Tumkur. And that too starting at 9.30 pm. So, on return journey, this should be the best alternative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks