Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 11:21   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mumbai Roadtrip

Am planning a family BLR-MUM-BLR trip departing Blr (RT nagar) on 25th Early morning around 3.30-4 am. I believe the railway overbridges at Haveri/ Ranibennur have been completed as of now?
Old 17th December 2011, 12:34   #1022
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I believe the railway overbridges at Haveri/ Ranibennur have been completed as of now?
Yes. No more manually operated railway level-crossings. My Linea had a smooth sailing when I returned from Surat to Bangalore on 26/27 September 2011.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th December 2011 at 12:35.

Old 19th December 2011, 15:39   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Me to leaving Bangalore on the 23rd for Mumbai. Anyone wants to drive along?
Hi Gautam,

I will be doing a BLR~BOM~BLR starting 23rd Dec. I plan to do a stop over at Belgaum or Kholapur.

What about you?
Old 19th December 2011, 18:45   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekfar View Post
Hi folks,
I am planning to do a Bombay-bangalore -Bombay trip over the year-end. This is going to be my third drive, however my last drive on this route was back in 2008 with my good old Indica. I guess many of you would have done this route recently. Now, this bawaji intends to do this trip in his Ford Fiesta. Would be nice if somebody could update me with the toll charges each way. My starting point is Andheri and end point is Abbigere (north bangalore).
Nekfar, I am also planning a trip from Thane around the same time. if you want we can tag along in our vehicles. PM me for details of my travel.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:58   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Bombay Andheri to Bangalore Yeshwantpur toll is Rs 722. If you take the NICE Road, add another Rs 100.
Old 19th December 2011, 20:30   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Hi Gautam,

I will be doing a BLR~BOM~BLR starting 23rd Dec. I plan to do a stop over at Belgaum or Kholapur.

What about you?
Me doing a stop over at Hubli due to some work. We can still catch up. What time are you leaving BLR?
Old 20th December 2011, 06:27   #1027
BHPian

I did the Bangalore-Mumbai run on 17th. Pretty standard except I couldn't help notice that speed breakers are on the rise along NH4. TBHPians starting from Bangalore would be advised to drive carefully in the outskirts of Bangalore due to the foggy mornings in December. At one point, my visibility went down to less than hundred metres.

If you are doing the trip in daytime, a tip would be to cross Karnataka as fast as possible so that you get lesser traffic in Maharashtra. I reached Kolhapur by noon and the distance after that was a breeze to cover, except for the traffic pileup at Khedshivapur toll plaza (outskirts of Pune) where I spent 45 minutes .
Old 20th December 2011, 07:12   #1028
Senior - BHPian

leaving tomorrow for Blr. Stopping off at Belgaum for the night. Leaving Belgaum early on 22nd for a mid day entry to Blr.

I need to go to CV raman nagar. So which would be the best/least traffic route to take?
1. Y'pur - mekhri - ulsoor - OM rd
2. Jalahalli - BEL circle - hebbal - mekhri - ulsoor - OM rd
3. Jalahalli - BEL circle - Hebbal - ORR - NGEF Rd - OM rd
1 has a jam at Y'pur. 3 has a jam on ORR. would 2 be the better option or too long.

Suggestions please as I havn't been to Bangy for 3 months now
Old 20th December 2011, 08:53   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
leaving tomorrow for Blr. Stopping off at Belgaum for the night. Leaving Belgaum early on 22nd for a mid day entry to Blr.

I need to go to CV raman nagar. So which would be the best/least traffic route to take?
1 has a jam at Y'pur. 3 has a jam on ORR. would 2 be the better option or too long.

Buddy, Option 1 will be a killer after driving 500K. The metro construction work has made the roads very narrow.

Do check the earlier post on bypassing Y'pur especially if you're heading towards East Bangalore (Banaswadi/Indiranagar/CV raman nagar)

This route will avoid Nelamangala & Yeshwantpur mayhem

Drive safe
Old 20th December 2011, 09:02   #1030
BHPian

Quote:

Last year I left early from Hubli and the visibility in early morning hours was not more than 20 meters with my all weather 90/100 bulb on. The scenario would be same even if you start from Belgaum as you have a ghat section. Though you have done mumbai bangalore so many times, pl do take care of this section.

Happy driving! safe driving!
Old 20th December 2011, 09:28   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Buddy, Option 1 will be a killer after driving 500K. The metro construction work has made the roads very narrow.

Do check the earlier post on bypassing Y'pur especially if you're heading towards East Bangalore (Banaswadi/Indiranagar/CV raman nagar)

This route will avoid Nelamangala & Yeshwantpur mayhem

Drive safe
Thanks Lavish, but won't the dobespet dod belapur detour would be rather much, and there is the jam at Yelahanka to contend with. The option 2/3 will avoid Y'pur jam and thats why I asked. OTOH At mid day I expect the traffic at Y'pur to be "light"
Old 20th December 2011, 09:31   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
Last year I left early from Hubli and the visibility in early morning hours was not more than 20 meters with my all weather 90/100 bulb on. The scenario would be same even if you start from Belgaum as you have a ghat section. Though you have done mumbai bangalore so many times, pl do take care of this section.

Happy driving! safe driving!
Thanks. Yes I forgot about the fog, and have experienced it before too. It can really slow you down

Quote:
Thanks Lavish, but won't the dobespet dod belapur detour would be rather much, and there is the jam at Yelahanka to contend with. The option 2/3 will avoid Y'pur jam and thats why I asked. OTOH At mid day I expect the traffic at Y'pur to be "light"
Old 20th December 2011, 11:50   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes I forgot about the fog, and have experienced it before too. It can really slow you down

Travelling in fog requires reduced speed and careful navigation. If we are travelling at night in fog, it is especially dangerous because darkness combines with fog and pollution in the air to reduce visability even more. Advisable to have the vehicle equipped with fog lights which illuminate the area just above the road surface to have a safe journey.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:31   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I did the Bangalore-Mumbai run on 17th. Pretty standard except I couldn't help notice that speed breakers are on the rise along NH4. .
Fully agree on this... I did Bglor- Pune in July 2011 and had read a lot about the deadly speed breakers on NH4 esp one somewhere near Ranebennur (i think so). But despite all the alertness, i missed it until the last moment and almost had to stand on the break to stop my car before it hit the breaker.
Old 21st December 2011, 02:55   #1035
BHPian

Plans change.

Doing BLR - PUNE straight drive.

Leaving BLR around 5-6 AM in the morning on 23rd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks