Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 16:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

I dont think you would get lost with the Doddaballapur route. When you get to Dobbspet flyover ask for Doddballapur road, keep going on that road until you reach a point where you find a road point where the signboard says Bangalore with a right arrow and Devanahalli with a straight arrow, there you take a right and continue on that road (proof that you have taken the right road would be when you reach a level crossing shortly) you would find the distance to Bangalore coming down until you reach a T Jn. which is the Yelahanka Jn. (if my memory serves correct the 1st working signal once you leave the NH4) Here you take a right and keep following the traffic to Bangalore until you reach the Hebbal flyover. Once you reach the flyover you follow the directions which is given to Hosur & Kolar, this left would take you to the IRR after which you keep following the directions for Hosur until you reach Silk Board Jn. Trust this helps you

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 15th October 2008 at 16:07.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Srikanth, so i have to take Yelahanka - Dodaballapur - then tumkur??
Old 15th October 2008, 16:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Srikanth, so i have to take Yelahanka - Dodaballapur - then tumkur??
Correct. You would join the NH4 at the Dobbspet Jn. from Doddballapur.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1013217-post27.html

Here go the coordinates - what I had posted in another thread:

When you are coming from Pune side, you first cross Tumkur
You cross the toll gate.
You cross Upachar Kamat on the left
12 kms from the toll gate (and 2 kms after Upachar Kamat), you reach Dobespet.
There is a flyover here - take it if you want to continue on NH4 to Bangalore.
Go below the Flyover if you want to go to Dodballapur
There are 2left turns at the Flyover, take the second left.
37 kms from the Flyover is Dodballapur.
Turn right here (Straight goes to Devanahalli and new Airport, via Nandi Hills)
Within 1 km, you will cross a level crossing.
Turn right after the level crossing, go 6 kms via the Dodballapyur Railway Station.
You will cross another level crossing.
In the next 18 kms, you will reach the Yelahanka Rail Wheel Factory.
2 kms further down, you will reach a T Junction (with a signal) where you turn right.
And within 1 km, you touch the NH7, where you turn right and go towards Hebbal.
From the NH7 junction, it is 5 kms to the Hebbal Flyover, where you can get onto the Outer Ring Road, to connect to Old Madras Road, Hosur, etc.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

When you are going from Hebbal Flyover to Dodballapur, it is exactly 5 kms from the Hebbal Flyover ( or 11 kms from Mekhri Circle), where you take a left (there is a traffic signal) to go into Yelahanka.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

Oh great that saves me from the tortures drive through peenya

btw how id the roadfrom dodaballapur to tumkur junc? what is the distance??
Old 15th October 2008, 16:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Oh great that saves me from the tortures drive through peenya

btw how id the roadfrom dodaballapur to tumkur junc? what is the distance??
37 kms from Dodballapur to NH4 at Dobespet. Road is fantastic, but watch out for a few humps, and there are also 2 level crossings.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:48   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Thanks hvkumar. I need to travel to H.S.R Layout. I have never driven into Bangalore. Used to fly into the old airport (in the days of cheap air travel) and a quick drive from there to HSR. Hence frankly I dont even know the route I should take once I come near BLR. Any ideas on the best way to HSR is highly appreciated.
I am put up in HSR layout and will PM you my cell number do call me and I will guide from Hebbal to HSR layout.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Kumar sir thanks a ton for the info
Old 16th October 2008, 15:52   #100
BHPian

Another one making Pune trip.

Hi,

Am reading this thread with interest as I will also be making a trip to Pune this Diwali. And I am driving all alone to join my family in Pune. I live in Koramangala. So, does it make sense to drive upto Kanakapura road, join NICE road, cross Mysore road and take the next NICE road to Tumkur? Or cutting across the city Sanki tank road->Yeshwantpur->Nelamangala->Tumkur?

I know it depends on the time of departure, but I have two options - leave on 24th Friday afternoon itself, stop over at Belgaum for the night and continue driving next day morning or start from Bangalore on 25th Saturday early moring, drive through the day.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Especially for the first question.

Thanks.

Nainar
Old 16th October 2008, 16:10   #101
BHPian

Suggest you cut across city and take the Dobespet road as suggested by Kumar in the thread earlier; If you leave at 4 AM you will be in Pune by evening.
Old 16th October 2008, 16:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Hi,

Am reading this thread with interest as I will also be making a trip to Pune this Diwali. And I am driving all alone to join my family in Pune. I live in Koramangala. So, does it make sense to drive upto Kanakapura road, join NICE road, cross Mysore road and take the next NICE road to Tumkur? Or cutting across the city Sanki tank road->Yeshwantpur->Nelamangala->Tumkur?

Thanks.

Nainar
Take the ORR upto Hebbal - go upto Yelahanka, onwards to Doddballapur - Dobbspet reaching the NH4 at Dobbspet, am fairly sure it would save you a lot of time especially if you are starting in the afternoon. Also a fast driver could do Bangalore - Pune in 13/14 hours comfortably. May be you could go through this thread where I recently did Chennai - Mahabaleshwar and back

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hwar-back.html
Old 17th October 2008, 11:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I know it depends on the time of departure, but I have two options - leave on 24th Friday afternoon itself, stop over at Belgaum for the night and continue driving next day morning or start from Bangalore on 25th Saturday early moring, drive through the day.

Thanks.

Nainar
Nainar! As suggested by many you can take the Dobbspet route through Doddballarpur or the NICE road that connects the Tumkur road anytime than the regular route through Yeshwanthpur due to high density traffic.
I have personally travelled on the NICE road all through to Tumkur Road and hardly you find traffic, however the Dobbspet route was never ventured by me but you can try it out as Kumar and many others who travelled on that segment suggested. The key is to leave bangalore around 3:30 and 4:00AM and you can reach Pune around 4 to 5ish in the evening and I myself clocked around 12 hours hours recently to Pune around 2 months back via the NICE corridor.

Cheers and have a safe drive
Old 17th October 2008, 12:33   #104
BHPian

Thanks a tonne folks..

Thanks a tonne for the assistance folks. I checked the Bangalore map and and this route Dodballapur-Dobbspet looks a little circuitous. How is the road from Dodballapur to Dobbspet? It looks like it will hit Tumkur.

I have driven in NICE road upto Mysore road and am very comfotable having driven quiet a few times entering from Kanapura road. Only unknown for me is from the junction of Mysore Road-Nice road, is the road upto Tumkur in proper order? And if that be the case, I would'nt mind taking that road, given that it is a known devil.

I am inclined towards now to leave at 4:00 AM instead of my earlier plan, because of the confidence given by VJ and others.

Thanks.

Nainar
Old 17th October 2008, 13:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a tonne for the assistance folks. I checked the Bangalore map and and this route Dodballapur-Dobbspet looks a little circuitous. How is the road from Dodballapur to Dobbspet? It looks like it will hit Tumkur.
Forget about maps and stuffs Sir. Just do that road. It is excellent.

Dobbspet is about 20km before Tumkur. You will hit the flyover at Dobbspet (NH4 is the top of the flyover), take right for Tumkur.

Abhi

Most Viewed