Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2024, 18:31   #3691
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I have the same question and bumping it up as I start tomorrow morning at 4am.
I have done the kolhapur route multiple times.
This time I will be starting from viman Nagar side with parents who are not super enthused about any bumpy drive. Would the solapur route be perfect for me.
For a 4am start with parents i will suggest to stick to kolhapur route as traffic is low and it has loads of food/fuel/bio stops. for my trips i start at 3am and in less than 3 hours i am in KA. Big Mishra pedha outlet on Hubli bypass is a great option for a food with lot of options. Enjoy your Drive, hope it helps
W@SIM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 11:34   #3692

Hi Mik,
Can you advise which route did you finally ended up taking and your feedback?
Regards,
Nitin
Old 24th April 2024, 08:26   #3693
BHPian

I am driving from north Bengaluru to Vimannagar, Pune on April 30th and am taking the Vijayapura - Solapur route, which will be a first time drive for me. In the past I have always taken the Hubli - Belgaum route. What is the state of the road like on this route ?

The plan is to break journey at Solapur for the night and I am looking for recommendations for a decent hotel with parking. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 24th April 2024, 13:12   #3694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
I am driving from north Bengaluru to Vimannagar, Pune on April 30th and am taking the Vijayapura - Solapur route, which will be a first time drive for me. In the past I have always taken the Hubli - Belgaum route. What is the state of the road like on this route ?

The plan is to break journey at Solapur for the night and I am looking for recommendations for a decent hotel with parking. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
The route is a 4 laned one and good right from Bangalore till Solapur and then till Pune except for a few diversions in the Pune Solapur section. The eateries are very few in this route and so is the Fueling options. Good to mark them clearly before the start of the journey. If you start early from Bangalore say 4.30 am, you should reach Solapur around 1-2 pm.

Look out for the long vehicles carrying the wind mill blades, they can slow you down a bit. Also to look out for unmarked speed breakers, they pop up out of blue.
Old 24th April 2024, 13:48   #3695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Look out for the long vehicles carrying the wind mill blades, they can slow you down a bit. Also to look out for unmarked speed breakers, they pop up out of blue.
Has any one tried Vijaypura to Pandarpur? Because if this is good, one can also bypass Solapur in future.

Both the Pune-Pandarpur routes are getting 4-laned. One via Patan and the other via Baramati.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 12:31   #3696
BHPian

We drove from Chikkamagaluru to Mumbai last week. Joined the Pune-Bengaluru highway at Davanagere, KA. Roads were fantastic in KA, but as you cross Belgavi, it gets bad. It took us 4 hrs to cover 140 KMs to Karad.

While the diversions are well marked, the number of speed breakers is just frustrating! We did this stretch between 3-7pm and also encountered local traffic.

Next day, Karad to Mumbai was breeze. Started at 9am and reached home in western suburbs at 3pm.

I should have read this thread before the drive, we were unable to find a decent place to stop once we joined the NH. We stopped at some Brindavan hotel near Belgavi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks