Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 19:47   #916
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mumbai Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Binand has guided you correctly. However some tips

a) Be careful when you cross the toll gate and drive on Nelamangala toll way. It is very easy to miss NICE road exit if you are not alert. Look out for "Himalaya drug" logo on the right side of high way - it is huge and can not miss out - and once you notice it, keep left for a KM and you will notice sign for exit onto NICE road to Hosur. Take the exit and keep left and look for the signage and enter NICE road. Dont go straight on the service road lest you will miss out on NICE road.
I have missed this 3 times on 3 different occasions. But on the 4th occasion I could catch it. but thanks for your info. Next time I will keep "Himalaya drug" in mind.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:42   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Binand has guided you correctly. However some tips

a) Be careful when you cross the toll gate and drive on Nelamangala toll way. It is very easy to miss NICE road exit if you are not alert. Look out for "Himalaya drug" logo on the right side of high way - it is huge and can not miss out - and once you notice it, keep left for a KM and you will notice sign for exit onto NICE road to Hosur. Take the exit and keep left and look for the signage and enter NICE road. Dont go straight on the service road lest you will miss out on NICE road.

b) The end of NICE road will loop you back to HOsur road. As you join the highway, take the first traffic signal and turn right on to the Highway towards Bangalore and proceed towards Silk Board flyover and take right turn as advised by Binand.
@Fauji: Thanks for the tips. However, I am a bit confused now about point (b) made by you. I understand that at the end of NICE Road, which is at Hosur Road Junction, I need to turn left and keep going straight till I reach the Silk Board Junction and then turn right under the flyover. So I dont understand which right turn on the highway towards Bangalore you are referring to. Can you please explain in greater detail.

Thanks again.
Old 12th October 2011, 07:31   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniladhiya View Post
I understand that at the end of NICE Road, which is at Hosur Road Junction, I need to turn left and keep going straight till I reach the Silk Board Junction and then turn right under the flyover. So I dont understand which right turn on the highway towards Bangalore you are referring to. Can you please explain in greater detail.
That confuses me too. This is the junction of NICE Road and Hosur Road (NH7):

Google Maps

The junction is a trumpet interchange in two stacks, plus a third one for the BETL. You can see the exit from NICE Road to the northbound NH7 (the arc that starts from the west of the map and turns towards north). I don't think there is any signal here. But then again, the times I have used this junction it has always been for exiting from the NICE Road to the southbound NH7.

Last edited by binand : 12th October 2011 at 07:31. Reason: Explanation
Old 12th October 2011, 07:37   #919
BHPian

@ binand and Fauji: I have been studying the google map also and what I can see is that the NICE Road passes under the BETL at its end point and then loops to the right. Fauji, do you mean that I have to go under the BETL and turn to the right - however this section seems to join the service lane going towards Hosur - so is there any way I can turn back from here to get to the Silk Board flyover? Or do you mean that I have to proceed in the direction of Hosur for some distance and then take a right under the BETL at the first signal and then double back towards the Silk Board flyover

Secondly, just before the interchange between NICE Road and BETL, the google map shows an exit on the left of the NICE Road, which arcs onto a Service Lane going in the direction of Silk Board Flyover - can I take this exit lane and will it join up with the NH7 somewhere? It seems that this way I can avoid taking the last loop of NICE Road and going towards Hosur and then doubling back towards Silk Board flyover.

Last edited by suniladhiya : 12th October 2011 at 07:55.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:41   #920
BHPian

Quote:
@ binand and Fauji: I have been studying the google map also and what I can see is that the NICE Road passes under the BETL at its end point and then loops to the right. Fauji, do you mean that I have to go under the BETL and turn to the right - however this section seems to join the service lane going towards Hosur - so is there any way I can turn back from here to get to the Silk Board flyover? Or do you mean that I have to proceed in the direction of Hosur for some distance and then take a right under the BETL at the first signal and then double back towards the Silk Board flyover

Secondly, just before the interchange between NICE Road and BETL, the google map shows an exit on the left of the NICE Road, which arcs onto a Service Lane going in the direction of Silk Board Flyover - can I take this exit lane and will it join up with the NH7 somewhere? It seems that this way I can avoid taking the last loop of NICE Road and going towards Hosur and then doubling back towards Silk Board flyover.
Too much verbose here

Let me try to summarize. Assuming you cross Bannerghata Road at the ground level (I say so because the fly-over above Bannerghata Road is still under construction) and you know that you will just take a right and then immediate left to get back to NICE Road for the Bannerghata Road to Hosur Road stretch.

Just before NICE Road ends on the Hosur Road side, you have a toll-gate where you need to pay Rs. 25/- for Bannerghata Road to Hosur Road stretch. After the toll gate, please keep to the extreme left lane that splits and curves to join Hosur Road (NH-7) towards Silk Board Junction/Flyover on the service lane from which you can enter the main lanes at the next signal that goes by the name Hosa Road or Central Jail Road junction. On NICE Road exit point, you will see direction indicating boards that tells you to take left for Madiwala (just beyond Silk Board) and Bangalore. The central and right most lanes go straight and below the BETL Road & above the NH-7 road, then takes a right curve to join Hosur Road (NH-7) towards Electonics City (just as you reach ground level on NH-7) and further southwards to Hosur.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by ajithbr : 12th October 2011 at 22:43.
Old 13th October 2011, 05:23   #921
BHPian

@ajithbr: Its incredibly helpful. All doubts and confusions are laid to rest. The left exit on NICE Road just before the Hosur Road interchange is exactly what I wanted to have confirmed, and you have done just that. Thanks a ton.
Old 13th October 2011, 06:57   #922
BHPian

@ ajithbr, binand and others: On the return trip from Bangalore to Pune, I will be coming from HSR Layout side to Silk Board Junction and taking a left turn towards Hosur side. Now, can you please tell me how I can get on to the NICE Road at the BETL-NICE Road-Hosur Road interchange? Do I have to take a right under the flyovers at this interchange or do I have to go further straight and then take a U turn and then the left service lane which joins the NICE Road ?
Old 13th October 2011, 07:14   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniladhiya
@ ajithbr, binand and others: On the return trip from Bangalore to Pune, I will be coming from HSR Layout side to Silk Board Junction and taking a left turn towards Hosur side. Now, can you please tell me how I can get on to the NICE Road at the BETL-NICE Road-Hosur Road interchange? Do I have to take a right under the flyovers at this interchange or do I have to go further straight and then take a U turn and then the left service lane which joins the NICE Road ?
Please take the left turn at the service lane. In case you miss it, after 100 or 200 metres you can take a U turn.
Old 13th October 2011, 07:35   #924
BHPian

@prabhuferrari: Can you please explain in greater detail which is this service lane you are referring to ? Is it at the Hosur Road-Nice Road-BETL interchange? If I take this left service lane, will it get me onto NICE Road, which is to the right of Hosur Road ? Please note that I am completely un-familiar with Bangalore roads, and would greatly appreciate detailed instructions. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 13th October 2011, 07:51   #925
BHPian

Please have a look at the image. When you come from silkboard below the elevated toll road, you will see the NICE road overbridge on top. Thats your landmark. Right after that look for Option 1.

Option 1: Take left in the road marked by a red line. There is mention of NICE road exit there. I saw this pretty late last week when I went there and could not take the left.

In case you miss option 1, like me.

Option 2: Take a U Turn at the spot marked by red arrow and immediately keep extreme left. Then you will see the NICE road exit on your left.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-route.gif
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 10:38   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Option 1: [...]
Option 2: [...]
This being Bangalore, there is also an option 3 if you miss a turn/exit: You can just stop in the middle of the highway, reverse to the junction or exit that you missed completely unmindful of others on the road (or even take a U-turn on the same carriageway), and proceed along the direction you want to as if the road is your personal property and it is all in a day's work for you.
Old 13th October 2011, 12:16   #927
BHPian

@binand: Cant stop laughing at your terse comments. Dont forget that I am from Pune and am used to the same kind of indisciplined traffic situations. I can understand your disbelief considering your are from Mumbai. At one time it was said that anyone who can drive in Pune can drive anywhere in the world - from your words I am wondering if Bangalore has snatched away this dubious distinction - I would love to compare the traffic chaos in the two cities when I get there later this month.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:27   #928
BHPian

Quote:
You can either take a left from the service road before you cross under the NICE Road on ground-level NH-7 or take a right U-turn and immediately (at the junction itself) enter the service road at the signalled junction just after you cross NICE Road.

Simplest way to visualize this (same as Option 2 by prabhuferrari): When you come from silkboard below the elevated toll road, you will see the NICE road overbridge on top (and above the NICE road will be the BETL road). Thats your landmark as you need to take a right U-turn at the signalled junction just after this. Immediately (at the junction itself as you take the U-turn), enter the service road and in about 100 meters, you will see the NICE road exit on your left.

Option 1 (by prabhuferrari) is a bit tricky as you need to enter the service lane latest bv the previous signal junction to the left exit to NICE Road. And this will be the same Hosa Road or Central Jail Road junction where you can enter the main lanes while doing your NICE Road to Silkboard Junction drive while you are coming here. Beyond the signal, there is no way to enter the service road and you will reach straight at the next traffic signal where Option 2 takes over.
Old 13th October 2011, 16:07   #929
BHPian

@ajithbr: Crystal clear directions as usual ! Yes, I agree option 2 as suggested by prabhuferrari and yourself is the better option on account of the major landmark of the NICE Road overbridge on top and BETL above that. Okay, I think I am all set. Thanks to all you wonderful folks out there, and wishing you all a Very Very Happy Diwali and prosperous New Year in advance !
Old 13th October 2011, 21:07   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@binand: Cant stop laughing at your terse comments. Dont forget that I am from Pune and am used to the same kind of indisciplined traffic situations. I can understand your disbelief considering your are from Mumbai. At one time it was said that anyone who can drive in Pune can drive anywhere in the world - from your words I am wondering if Bangalore has snatched away this dubious distinction - I would love to compare the traffic chaos in the two cities when I get there later this month.
Sunil, I just came last week after driving in Pune. Pune still takes the cake as more chaotic than Bangalore. Possibly you will experience yourself when you are here

Most Viewed