Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 19:09   #1216
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Planning a trip from Bangalore to cover Shirdi ,the 3 Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra , and the Mahalaxmi temple in Kohlapur. Travelling with my wife and 2 kids - 2 yrs old each in my Fiat Punto. The main aim is to cover these places ,with travelling spread out evenly in the 5 days. Please comment on the route map and hotels below.Any suggestions and improvements to the plan will be appreciated.

I intend to stay in budget hotels - since my stay will mostly be overnight. Visit is during the diwali time - starting Sunday Nov 11. Time estimates include breaks during travel - on the higher side as I'll be travelling with kids. I've never done this route before.

Day 1: Bangalore -> Pune

Bangalore -> Pune (835 KM,14 hrs ) : Depart Bangalore @ 4:30 am , arrive Sadanand Residency @6:30 pm.

Day 2 : Pune ->Bhimashankar->Trimbakeshwar->Nashik

A)Pune -> Bhimashankar Temple ( 111 km,3 hrs) : Depart Pune @ 8 am, reach Bhimashankar Temple @11 am.
B)Bhimashankar Temple -> Trimbakeshwar Temple ( 237 km,5 hrs ) : Depart Bhimashankar after darshan @1pm, arrive Trimbakeshwar@6pm
C)Trimbakeshwar -> Rajmahal Hotel,Nashik ( 30km , 1 hr ) : Depart Trimbakeshwar after darshan @7pm, arrive Nashik@ 8pm

Day 3 : Nashik ->Shirdi->Grishneshwar->Aurangabad

A) Nashik ->Shirdi ( 87km,2 hrs ) : Depart Nashik@8am, arrive Shirdi@ 10am. Depart for after darshan
B) Shirdi -> Grishneshwar temple ( 100km,2hrs ) : Depart Shirdi after darshan@ 1pm, Arrive Grishneshwar@3pm
C) Grishneshwar -> Aurangabad ( 30km,1 hr) : Depart Grishneshwar after darshan@ 5pm, arrive Aurangabad@ 6pm

Day 4 : Aurangabad->Kohlapur ( Is my route on google maps right ?)

Aurangabad->Kohlapur ( 435km,8hrs) : Aurangabad sightseeing in the morning.Depart Aurangabad@12pm, arrive Hotel Landmark Kohlapur@ 8pm

Day 5: Kohlapur->Bangalore

Kohlapur->Bangalore ( 610 km,10 hrs) : Visit Mahalakshmi temple in the morning. Depart Kolhapur@12 noon,arrive Bangalore@10pm.

Route Map :

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...mra=ls&t=m&z=7
All look good and easily doable.Only suggestion is wouldnt it be a good idea to do Aurangabad-Baramati-Phaltan-Satara?Would be a good idea to check with AshishPallod
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 19:19   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
All look good and easily doable.Only suggestion is wouldnt it be a good idea to do Aurangabad-Baramati-Phaltan-Satara?Would be a good idea to check with AshishPallod
Every time I wanted to check the Baramati route to Pune, I have backed out at the last moment may be because I was skeptical of driving on an unknown road.

I for one have always preferred the usual Pune-Ahmadnagar-Aurangabad road for all my Bangalore-Aurangabad drives may be because I prefer a 4 lane road to be a better option when driving with young kid sleeping on that rear seat.

The only grouse about this route is the famed non-existent Pune Bypass to Nagar road that takes an easy 90-120 minutes in the evenings. Else All is well on this route.
Old 13th October 2012, 21:09   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Planning a trip from Bangalore to cover Shirdi ,the 3 Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra , and the Mahalaxmi temple in Kohlapur. Travelling with my wife and 2 kids - 2 yrs old each in my Fiat Punto. The main aim is to cover these places ,with travelling spread out evenly in the 5 days. Please comment on the route map and hotels below.Any suggestions and improvements to the plan will be appreciated.

I intend to stay in budget hotels - since my stay will mostly be overnight. Visit is during the diwali time - starting Sunday Nov 11.

Day 4 : Aurangabad->Kohlapur ( Is my route on google maps right ?)

Aurangabad->Kohlapur ( 435km,8hrs) : Aurangabad sightseeing in the morning.Depart Aurangabad@12pm, arrive Hotel Landmark Kohlapur@ 8pm
Route Map :

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...mra=ls&t=m&z=7
Suggestion only about Day 4 : Ahmednagar to Pune is 04 lane fast road (except 01 km of 02 lane road near Supa)and it`ll take approx. 1.5hrs with break, max. The link you pasted from G.Map is showing a different route.
As I understand, day 4. of your trip is Diwali and a holiday.

From Nagar Road (Pune) to NH4 won't take much time (~01hr), so Ahmednagar-Pune(Hadapsar)-Satara is best. Check with Ashish Bhai for your planned route (H to I, especially Kedagaon to Satara).

Hmmm, with kids your tour schedule is a bit hectic. Please, this is just my guess. All the best and wish you a very happy drive and holiday.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:54   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Suggestion only about Day 4 : Ahmednagar to Pune is 04 lane fast road (except 01 km of 02 lane road near Supa)and it`ll take approx. 1.5hrs with break, max. The link you pasted from G.Map is showing a different route.
As I understand, day 4. of your trip is Diwali and a holiday.

From Nagar Road (Pune) to NH4 won't take much time (~01hr), so Ahmednagar-Pune(Hadapsar)-Satara is best. Check with Ashish Bhai for your planned route (H to I, especially Kedagaon to Satara).

Hmmm, with kids your tour schedule is a bit hectic. Please, this is just my guess. All the best and wish you a very happy drive and holiday.
I'm starting on Nov 11, so Day 4 is Nov 14, whereas Diwali is on Nov 13. But as you said Ahmednagar-Pune(Hadapsar)-Satara may still be a better option even if it's no holiday. Have sent a message to AshishPallod.

Yes, the trip is turning out to be a bit hectic with my kids being so young. I even wanted to cover the Jyotirlingas at Aundha and Parli but that would've been too hectic - so I left them out and this is the plan I decided on finally.

Thanks for your suggestions and wishes.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 13th October 2012 at 21:57.
Old 13th October 2012, 22:05   #1220
BHPian

@SDP1975 : Not sure about Diwali, but my office is closed on 14th, hence the suggestion. If it's a working day then Pune(Hadapsar)-NH4 may take ~2hrs, max.

Just sharing ... while coming from Aurangabad, approx. 30 kms before Ahmednagar a right turn at Ghodegaon will take you to Sani Shignapur temple. It`ll be a unique experience. From wiki -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shani_Shingnapur

Shani Signapur can be visited on the way to Aurangabad from Shirdi too.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 13th October 2012 at 22:06. Reason: Edit ...
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 12:00   #1221
Senior - BHPian

@sdp

My suggestion

day 1 Bangy-pune halt.
day2 Pune-bhimashankar darshan-junnar-ozar ashtvinayak ganapati darshan-lenyadri ashtvinayak ganapati darshan-ale phata-nh50-nasik halt[ if possible do trimbakeshwar on this day otherwise do it on day 3]
day3: trimbaleshwar/nasik-shirdi-aurangabad sightseeing and halt.
day4: aurangabad-ellora caves sightseeing-ghrishneshwar darshan-aurangabad-4lane-nevasa phata-shani shinganapur darshan-ahamadnagar/pune halt.

day5: pune-kolhapur darshan-banglore.
or
day5: ahamdnagar-daund-baramati-nira-satara-nh4-kolhapur darshan-banglore.

Ahmadnagar-baramati-satara is good fast road.

Ahmadnagar-shirur [good road]-shirur-kedgon-morgaon-nira[bad road]-nira-lonand-vathar-satara[ good road].
Don't ever take shirur-kedgon-nira road.

ahmadnagar-pune-satara and ahmadnagar-baramati-satara have same distance.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 14th October 2012 at 12:02.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 14:15   #1222

Hello; Planning a drive to Mumbai from Bangalore on the 19th Oct. Plan is to leave early around 430ish in the morning as that seems to be general consensus.

Does anybody know about the Petrol Pump Operators single shift working semi-strike - or more specifically;
1. Are Reliance pumps are also participating in this?
2. What about the COCO pumps?

This will mean that i need to get off the highway and into towns to fill fuel.

Cheers!
AmolSuley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 17:10   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmolSuley View Post
Hello; Planning a drive to Mumbai from Bangalore on the 19th Oct. Plan is to leave early around 430ish in the morning as that seems to be general consensus.

Does anybody know about the Petrol Pump Operators single shift working semi-strike - or more specifically;

Cheers!
Even if they are I dont think it would affect you considering your drive times.Do a full tank the previous night and it should be good to go atleast 300-400kms and you should be at Belgaum by 1300,you can do a refill there and you should be good to reach Pune.Pumps in Pune are not part of this strike/non-co-operation and the Expressway pumps would anyway be open.So all in all you shouldnt have any problem.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:12   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Writing this from Bombay. Took me 13.5 hrs , breaks inclusíve, from Sarjapur Road Bangalore to Rennaisance Hotel Powai yesterday. Traffic was bad near and after Pune. Road surface quality patchy places e.g. due to pitch surface corrugations. Big vehicle drivers were helpful in giving way or moving away to enable overtaking. The two lane stretch after Belgaum is a full of high beam junkies. One has bear with it and keep driving.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 10:48   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray
Writing this from Bombay. Took me 13.5 hrs , breaks inclusíve, from Sarjapur Road Bangalore to Rennaisance Hotel Powai yesterday. Traffic was bad near and after Pune. Road surface quality patchy places e.g. due to pitch surface corrugations. Big vehicle drivers were helpful in giving way or moving away to enable overtaking. The two lane stretch after Belgaum is a full of high beam junkies. One has bear with it and keep driving.
What was the average cruising speed?? And which car were you driving. ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:27   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Mumbai in 14.5 hours from Koramangala to Vashi in my Xylo on 21st Oct (Sunday).

Left at 5.30 am from Koramangala. Covered the distance upto Kolhapur real quick. Thereafter it was relatively slow going on the 2 lane stretch upto Pune, with lots of towns on the way. Got stuck at Shindewadi toll booth / town area at a bhel puri junction for 20 minutes ! I guess this must be usual the Sunday evening crowd at this place.

A good drive all through
Old 26th October 2012, 08:02   #1227
BHPian

Is the 4 Lane Pune Ahmednagar road is the one that goes via Shirur? Google map shows different options but this road on the map does not look anything like 4 Lane.

Also, if coming from Bangalore how do we bypass Pune? Is Bangalore Ahmednagar doable on the same day considering starting at 6 AM from Bangalore?
Old 5th November 2012, 09:22   #1228
BHPian

Hi Amol - did you do the Mumbai-Bangalore trip last month as planned? If yes, would be good if you could share details of the same. Am planning one on 10th and wanted to get a first hand view of the trip. Look forward to your reply!

Cheers!
Siju

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmolSuley View Post

Cheers!
Old 5th November 2012, 14:25   #1229
BHPian

Mumbai - Bangalore - Mumbai

Friends - am planning a Mumbai-Bangalore itinerary this saturday in my new Yeti and plan to do the distance in a day - starting early morning from Mumbai. Going through posts, I get to understand that this could translate into a 16-18 hr journey (have 2 kids and hence speeds will be, well, governed!). Wanted to know if anyone in this group has done this stretch in the last 30 days and has any trip plan to share. Thanks!

Cheers!

Siju
Old 5th November 2012, 15:02   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Bangalore - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Friends - am planning a Mumbai-Bangalore itinerary this saturday in my new Yeti and plan to do the distance in a day - starting early morning from Mumbai. Going through posts, I get to understand that this could translate into a 16-18 hr journey (have 2 kids and hence speeds will be, well, governed!). Wanted to know if anyone in this group has done this stretch in the last 30 days and has any trip plan to share. Thanks!
Check this thread for more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...teries-81.html

Mumbai-EW-Pune-NH4-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Chitradurga-Tumkur-Bangalore.

Leave early around 3 am frm Mumbai,breakfast stop at Kolhapur ( Sai International,Mcdonalds,CCD) or else at Sankam Residency at Belgaum.

From Belgaum,you should be in Nelamangala in approximately 7-8hours.You can stop for lunch at Kamat,Ranebennur attached to a Reliance pump.

If you want stay overnight,Opal Kolhapur and Sankam Residency Belgaum,Clarks Hubli are all good places for a stopover.

Most Viewed