Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 16:16   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Query on eateries

I might have to drive to Davangere and back on Saturday. Please let me know decent eateries. Plan to start by 5:30 AM from Bangalore. When I drove to Goa last year, I could not find any eateries between Tumkur and Davangere. I ended up having break fast at Kamat Davangere.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:55   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query on eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I might have to drive to Davangere and back on Saturday. Please let me know decent eateries. Plan to start by 5:30 AM from Bangalore. When I drove to Goa last year, I could not find any eateries between Tumkur and Davangere. I ended up having break fast at Kamat Davangere.
Assuming that you hit NTBL/Tumkur road by 6:00AM, You would still end up in Davanagere during Breakfast time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st July 2013 at 17:10. Reason: Edited to add more options along with location URLs
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 15:30   #1368
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Update on Bangalore - Pune road condition

Just came back from a return trip to Pune. The roads in Karnataka are wonderful; cant say the same about Maharashtra though, especially the one between Karad and Satara. There you will need to find the road in between the pot-holes
ramsnavy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 14:57   #1369
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to do the Mum-Coim trip. Start on Sep 5th. Return on Sep 8th. It's been raining cats and dogs all across the country. Has anyone done this stretch recently? what is the road condition? I plan to take Mum-Pune-Bang-Salem-Erode-Coim.

Will try and hit Bangalore for a night halt. I do not want to be far away from the main highway. Can anyone suggest a good place for a halt?

Kindly advice.
Old 19th August 2013, 15:22   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
Hi All,

Planning to do the Mum-Coim trip. Start on Sep 5th. Return on Sep 8th. It's been raining cats and dogs all across the country. Has anyone done this stretch recently? what is the road condition? I plan to take Mum-Pune-Bang-Salem-Erode-Coim.

Will try and hit Bangalore for a night halt. I do not want to be far away from the main highway. Can anyone suggest a good place for a halt?

Kindly advice.
If you are taking the NH4-NICE ROAD-NH7-Hosur-Salem-CBE route,then I suggest that you stay in any of the hotels or serviced apartments at Electronics City where you get off the NICE Ring road.

http://www.hotel-amethyst-electronic...ontact_Us.html
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 16:18   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are taking the NH4-NICE ROAD-NH7-Hosur-Salem-CBE route,then I suggest that you stay in any of the hotels or serviced apartments at Electronics City where you get off the NICE Ring road.

Thanks for the info. Just visited the web site and spoke to these guys. Looks like a good option. Also, not far from the highway. Thanks once again.
VikrantD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 16:38   #1372
BHPian

I did the route on 16 aug..Started 9 pm from my place in navi mumbai and reached Hosur around 12 noon next day.I had to go further (kumbakonam)..which I reached by 930 at night.

Road conditions are good all the way..satara section is the pain..rest all fine.
Tumkur stretch is a fine 3 lane highway now..and the traffic was also scarce.

My average speed was around 80 only as I had an infant in the car and also it was raining..almost till hubli.

Planning to return on 24 aug.
Old 19th August 2013, 16:43   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I did the route on 16 aug..Started 9 pm from my place in navi mumbai and reached Hosur around 12 noon next day.I had to go further (kumbakonam)..which I reached by 930 at night.

Road conditions are good all the way..satara section is the pain..rest all fine.
Tumkur stretch is a fine 3 lane highway now..and the traffic was also scarce.

My average speed was around 80 only as I had an infant in the car and also it was raining..almost till hubli.

Planning to return on 24 aug.
Oh my, you drove overnight? I plan to leave at 5 AM from Thane. Hit Bangalore for a night halt. Thanks for the update on the road conditions. Appreciate it.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:43   #1374
BHPian

Quote:

Hi. I leave Mumbai at 5am. I should hit Bangalore by 6pm. I have been adviced not to take the Nice Rd in peak hrs. Can you suggest an alternative option for the night? I can leave early morning on the 6th. Thanks.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:48   #1375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi. I leave Mumbai at 5am. I should hit Bangalore by 6pm. I have been adviced not to take the Nice Rd in peak hrs. Can you suggest an alternative option for the night? I can leave early morning on the 6th. Thanks.
Surprising! Thats the only bypass you have got. Any reasons why no NICE?

But for those "flash flood" queues on the toll booths, I have not seen any major crowds.
Old 19th August 2013, 22:30   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Surprising! Thats the only bypass you have got. Any reasons why no NICE?

But for those "flash flood" queues on the toll booths, I have not seen any major crowds.
Oh is it? Ok then. I shall stick to the original plan. Thanks.
Old 20th August 2013, 06:16   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just to second Ampere's , NiCE road is your only traffic free option.try driving through the city at 6pm and you would have to redefine the word traffic jamsLooks like that was a misinformed piece of news that you got regards the NiCE roadThink no more and take the NiCE road.
Old 20th August 2013, 06:48   #1378
BHPian

Quote:

Just to second Ampere's , NiCE road is your only traffic free option.try driving through the city at 6pm and you would have to redefine the word traffic jamsLooks like that was a misinformed piece of news that you got regards the NiCE roadThink no more and take the NiCE road.
Done. Will stick to Nice Rd. Thanks.
Old 20th August 2013, 22:30   #1379
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to do mumbai-bangalore next week. Was thinking of doing it in two parts with an overnight break somewhere near belgaum.

Need help/suggestions on a decent place to stay. Will be travelling with family.

Thanks in Advance

Sameer
Old 20th August 2013, 23:28   #1380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Need help/suggestions on a decent place to stay. Will be travelling with family.

Thanks in Advance

Sameer
I have stayed here couple of times, pretty good and reasonable for a family stay. They have open parking and its a stone throw away from Highway and an IOC petrol station for tanking up.

http://www.sankam.in/

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th August 2013 at 23:30.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks