Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 10:51   #2581
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Is there an earlier option with decent washrooms that I can opt for?
Try this around Karad Bypass - Hotel Annapurna

Good Veg food and clean rest rooms and in the last decade they have only improved with food, restaurant and rest room quality.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 07:46   #2582
BHPian

I drove Mumbai--Belgaum--Mumbai in the last week and the massive traffic snarl between Shirwal and Pune at one particular diversion point has become a regular affair now in the evenings ( heading towards Pune). This is irrespective of weekend or weekday and easily takes about minimum 20 mins to cross on a weekday. I was once stuck for straight 2 hours at the end of long weekend.

Last edited by vivek95 : 17th December 2019 at 07:49.
Old 17th December 2019, 08:15   #2583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I am not sure whether I will reach there in time this time, because of the road conditions ( don't want to drag on for too long for breakfast ) - Is there an earlier option with decent washrooms that I can opt for?
Even if you leave from airport side of the city, I don't think you will have much of a problem reaching the other side towards Katraj and onwards to Bangalore. So early in the morning you should be able to cover the city in about 30 mins max.

From Katraj you should be able to reach Karad in about 2.5 hrs even if you are a sedate driver. So I would suggest you to stop at hotel Sangam at Karad. I have stopped there at least a 100 times and their quality has remained unchanged. There is both veg and non veg food available plus ample parking too.

Link- https://sangamhotel.com/
ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 09:22   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
massive traffic snarl between Shirwal and Pune
It will be fun to see this weekend timing I have popcorn ready!

Reading all the updates. I now dread to to MH sections in day time, and I did the best Kolhapur-Pune timing in the night (2:45 hrs). In the day, never done below 3:15 hrs.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 08:38   #2585
BHPian

Planning to do Bangalore Mumbai on 20-21st with a stop in Belgaum. Any CAA protests enroute? Any signs of disruption
Old 20th December 2019, 12:17   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Planning to do Bangalore Mumbai on 20-21st with a stop in Belgaum. Any CAA protests enroute? Any signs of disruption
So far no disruptions heard anywhere on the route. I am keenly following too - I am doing Bangalore - Pune on Sunday 22nd Dec.
Old 20th December 2019, 16:43   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
So far no disruptions heard anywhere on the route. I am keenly following too - I am doing Bangalore - Pune on Sunday 22nd Dec.
My extended family is traveling from Bengaluru to Belgaum tomorrow. Will try to provide some updates as they reach and i speak to them.
devyaaniverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 17:06   #2588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are travelling on Sunday then please try to pass the Shirwal-Khed Shivapur patch before 6 pm. Else it becomes a nightmare and can easily add more than 1 hr to your travel time.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 18:55   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
My extended family is traveling from Bengaluru to Belgaum tomorrow. Will try to provide some updates as they reach and i speak to them.
People, I drove Mumbai to Belgaum today. Absolutely no issues in the form of roadblocks or protests anywhere. It was business as usual. Pune, Kolhapur all clear.

Mumbai--Pune expressway is anyday a driver's bliss but Satara--Kolhapur still holds a top position in my list to drive. What lush green fields all around, the beautiful median with huge plantations, huge trees and on top of all this, the superb 4 laner makes it a fantastic drive. The only thing you need to deal with, this time of the year is slow moving sugarcane tractors and trucks. They are aplenty both in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:59   #2590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I drove Mumbai--Belgaum--Mumbai in the last week and the massive traffic snarl between Shirwal and Pune at one particular diversion point has become a regular affair now in the evenings ( heading towards Pune). This is irrespective of weekend or weekday and easily takes about minimum 20 mins to cross on a weekday. I was once stuck for straight 2 hours at the end of long weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
If you are travelling on Sunday then please try to pass the Shirwal-Khed Shivapur patch before 6 pm. Else it becomes a nightmare and can easily add more than 1 hr to your travel time.
Was stuck here for over 90 minutes only due to a diversion and being a Sunday.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20191222165246121_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Pune took 14 Hours against my usual 11 or 12. This was between 1630 and 1800.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 11:06   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Was stuck here for over 90 minutes only due to a diversion and being a Sunday.

Pune took 14 Hours against my usual 11 or 12. This was between 1630 and 1800.
Thats sad to know. It only gets worse on Sundays and Saturdays at that diversion. I was stuck for about 25 mins on a Thursday during my most recent drive from Belgaum to Mumbai.

Apart from the fully packed massive traffic on the 3 lanes of main highway + 2 service lanes , you will also see umpteen morons creating additional haphazard lanes in the gaps

Last edited by vivek95 : 24th December 2019 at 11:09.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 21:52   #2592
BHPian

Re: Bus to Mumbai!

Recently, My sis took the 'VRL Bus' from B'lore to Mumbai. The bus departed at 1200 Noon from the VRL depot near 'Anand Rao' circle. The dinner stop was around Belgaum, and next morning at around 0700 they dropped her off at Goregaon(E) flyover.

Also, the bus tracking is available online against the registration# and you can get to know almost a live status of its location. Nice feature!

Last edited by JMaruru : 24th December 2019 at 21:54.
Old 1st January 2020, 21:48   #2593
NKR
BHPian

Hi Folks

Planning for a stop at Tumkur while proceeding to Wayandu from Pune. Can any one suggest a hotel that provides safe Parking for the Car at Tumkuru
Old 1st January 2020, 22:43   #2594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Planning for a stop at Tumkur while proceeding to Wayandu from Pune. Can any one suggest a hotel that provides safe Parking for the Car at Tumkuru
One option can be to stay at Apoorva at Davanagere and then divert to Mysore via Hiriyur/Huliyar/Srirangapatna.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 22:59   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
then divert to Mysore via Hiriyur/Huliyar/Srirangapatna.
Last I checked, the roads are patchy and road work is going on with multiple diversions. The better and faster option would be : Tumkur - Kunigal - Maddur - Mysuru.

Last edited by Klub Class : 1st January 2020 at 23:01.
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed