Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 16:43   #2641
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Assuming I start at 7 am from north Bangalore I think I should be able to cross Davangere by 12 pm.
Yes, very well.

Quote:
Is there a good highway eatery with clean washrooms around this stretch for a lunch break?
Apporva Resorts before Davanagere bypass. If this is early, you have Hotel De Cult around 90 minutes ahead of here.

Regarding Kolhapur Satara Pune Mumbai, ideal start would be around 5 so it takes around 3 hours enter Pune bypass and another 30m to enter the Expressway.

Take a longish break on the Expressway food court so that you enter Mumbai after 1030 so avoid driving along with regular rush hour morning traffic.

If the above plan doesn't work, start from Kolhapur at 1030am so you reach Pune by 1400 and Mumbai before 1700.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 00:36   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I spotted them at atleast 5 locations today, on the carriageway heading towards Pune -
1. Satara city bypass ( speed limit 80 around this camera)
2. Panchwad town flyover ( limit 80 )
3. Bhuinj town flyover ( limit 80 )
4. End of Khambatki ghat, at the last right handed curve ( limit 60 )
5. Shirwal town ( limit 60 )
I have a question regarding how the traffic cops fine out of state vehicles for over speeding. Does the notice for speed violation get delivered to your vehicle registered address or is there a pan India website/app where we can check this?
Old 18th March 2020, 03:09   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I have a question regarding how the traffic cops fine out of state vehicles for over speeding. Does the notice for speed violation get delivered to your vehicle registered address or is there a pan India website/app where we can check this?
Presently in Maharashtra, there is an app that can be used to check any traffic violations of your vehicle. Unfortunately, there is no SMS that is sent to your number. You need to yourself log into the app and check and this is irrespective of any state regsitration vehicle.

Here's the link to that app on play store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...um.policealert
Old 20th March 2020, 11:03   #2644
Distinguished - BHPian

We were to pass through Hiriyur yesterday, while going to a place on the Hiriyur-Huliyar road. Generally skipped all the places on the highway, but breakfast was pending. As we got off the highway we found this little place - the soft, steaming hot idli and the crisp vada could put to many a place to shame. Served on a plantain leaf, the breakfast was worth it.

Udaya Hotel:
https://goo.gl/maps/xuDLvTrSn8ky9n1t7

Alert:
Not to have high expectations like all the well done up places on the highway. Didnt ask for washroom facilities (just two of us, no family members)
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:43   #2645
BHPian

Are there any checks going at the state borders for COVID-19 this week?

I am asking because I may have to do an emergency drive from Bangalore to Mumbai next week (cannot go by train or flight) and return.

Are there any foreseen issues?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:54   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Are there any checks going at the state borders for COVID-19 this week?

I am asking because I may have to do an emergency drive from Bangalore to Mumbai next week (cannot go by train or flight) and return.

Are there any foreseen issues?
Checks are happening at Kognoli toll plaza, Maharashtra--Karnataka border, in the sense, screening of travellers is being done. I think this came in the wake of Mumbai--Pune region being the highest COVID-19 affected region in the country. Looks like its a measure to stop the spread from MH into KA. Even I got do an emergency drive from Mumbai to Belgaum tomorrow, will update on this. That said, I don't think there should be any major issue.

Screening at Kognoli toll plaza
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-fb_img_1584526265703.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 15:16   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Checks are happening at Kognoli toll plaza, Maharashtra--Karnataka border, in the sense, screening of travellers is being done. I think this came in the wake of Mumbai--Pune region being the highest COVID-19 affected region in the country. Looks like its a measure to stop the spread from MH into KA. Even I got do an emergency drive from Mumbai to Belgaum tomorrow, will update on this. That said, I don't think there should be any major issue.
Thanks, Vivek for the quick response! screening should be fine. Worried about the lock down just announced by the MH government. Will wait for your update from your drive.
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:04   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Just saw that Karnataka has announced a shutdown of all vehicles in. Is anybody driving from Bombay to Bangalore, and if so, when. I was planning to go soon and am waiting for feedback. Also, are the petrol bunks open. Food isn't an issue as that can be carried but petrol and restrooms are.
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:16   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Thanks, Vivek for the quick response! screening should be fine. Worried about the lock down just announced by the MH government. Will wait for your update from your drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Just saw that Karnataka has announced a shutdown of all vehicles in. Is anybody driving from Bombay to Bangalore, and if so, when. I was planning to go soon and am waiting for feedback. Also, are the petrol bunks open. Food isn't an issue as that can be carried but petrol and restrooms are.
I had to cancel my drive plan from Mumbai to Belgaum due to additional duties at hospital. However I am driving on 26th morning, but again hoping that it won't get postponed. Petrol bunks should remain open, I haven't come across any news regarding their shut down. Fingers crossed
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:49   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to, in the coming week, but have shelved my round trip plan as Karnataka has announced closure of borders. I would anticipate lot of checks along the highways as police most likely will flag down any non-local vehicle. That might just break the normal possibility of completing the trip during day time.
Old 23rd March 2020, 12:44   #2651
BHPian

I started from Bengaluru-Hennur on Friday 20th at 7.15 am with my wife and two kids. Traffic was minimal and no health screening or checking anywhere on that day. Stopped at CCD before Davangere (https://goo.gl/maps/MRFGizHBENx22ZBNA). Not a nice place to stop as it was buzzing with houseflies. Lunch stop was at Ganesh hotel (https://g.page/ganesh-hotel-karnataka?share) and we had delicious local jowar roti thali. Refueled diesel at newly opened Shell on Hubbali bypass and reached Kolhapur at 6.30pm. Stayed overnight at Veeksar fern which was almost empty. After a good night sleep and breakfast started at 8.45am from Kolhapur. Nearly all shops and restaurants were closed on the highway. Refuelled at Shell Pune after Hinjewadi and before the Mumbai Pune expressway entry. We were warned by some folks on phone about health checks at Bhilad checkpost. However we just saw few medical staff standing there however no check was in place. Traffic after Mumbai was bit more as it seemed people were leaving Mumbai in masses, specifically saw numerous jam packed private buses for Rajasthan. We reached my in-laws place near Bardoli-Gujarat at 6.30 pm. Next day was Janta curfew so could not start for final destination at Ahmedabad. With more lockdown news coming in every other hour we decided to wait for couple of days till things clear out.

Last edited by automachine : 23rd March 2020 at 13:02.
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 22:09   #2652
BHPian

Hello,

Any updates on highway block for private cars travelling towards Bangalore ?
I was planning to drive to Bangalore from Pune to take care of my parents.

Can somebody please update on the status of highway travel between these 2 cities.

I will be driving my Karnataka registered Celerio to Bangalore.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 23:15   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Hello,

Any updates on highway block for private cars travelling towards Bangalore ?
I was planning to drive to Bangalore from Pune to take care of my parents.

Can somebody please update on the status of highway travel between these 2 cities.

I will be driving my Karnataka registered Celerio to Bangalore.
I would strongly advise against taking such a trip.

The CM of Maharashtra has imposed a curfew sealing the state's borders (except for vehicles supplying essential commodities) and has also restricted the movement of private vehicles to a bare minimum.

With the recently announced nationwide curfew, there's a chance that this trip might be perceived as unlawful.
sidpunjabi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 15:15   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Guys, with Pune being shutdown, there is a possibility that driving from Bombay to Bangalore will be complicated once the quarantine ends. Am just wondering what route can be taken to travel from Bombay and avoid Pune to get to Bangalore. The more on the highway, the easier and quicker it is.
Old 27th April 2020, 16:15   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, with Pune being shutdown, there is a possibility that driving from Bombay to Bangalore will be complicated once the quarantine ends. Am just wondering what route can be taken to travel from Bombay and avoid Pune to get to Bangalore. The more on the highway, the easier and quicker it is.
Ideally you don't enter Pune at all and just take the usual bypass. However, the bypass itself cuts through the Western suburbs and this bypass may not be an issue while driving as it has multiple exits for various suburbs of Pune.

If you really want to avoid Pune altogether, I see no "sensible" option that I can really suggest you. But, what makes you think driving from Bombay is less complicated than driving bypassing Pune? Is it because the origin being Bombay and hence no choice there but if given a choice, you are ready to totally deviate away from Pune and so your query?

We had once driven from Bombay to Bangalore via Konkan, Goa, Kalhatgi, Shimoga and then entered NH4 at Tumkur. This was supposedly a drive where we wanted to pay almost no toll at all and had all the time at our disposal.

Took us more than 24 hours in 2014!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks