Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 23:39   #1

Hyderabad to Dwaraka Tirumala - Proposed dates : 15Oct to 17Oct

Hello All,

I've tried extracting information on the route to Dwaraka Tirumala from Hyderabad and haven't found anything on that. Hence started to preapre one self here.

I'm planning to drive to Dwaraka Tirumala from Hyderabad along my family - self, wifey and son - 2.3 Yrs.

Need help in finalising the following :

1. Vehicle Advice:
I'm going to use my newly procured - Wagon R (Black Colour) from Maruti True Value ( RK Saboo / Somajiguda). Any specifice tool / product / precaution that need to be take for using this vehicle. I've got it serviced about 4 weeks back and intent to get that done again before I go on this trip.

2. Route Advice :
I'm a driver with experience of about 20K Kms in the city but with very less exp on highways (less thank 1K). Need advice on the route:
a. Hyd - Suryapet - Vijayawada - Bhimadolu - Dwaraka Tirumala
b. Hyd - Suryapet - khammam - Jangareddygudem - Dwaraka Tirumala

Heard that lot of work happening on hyd - bza highway, any update on the current status ? I'm a safe / slow driver with speeds generally not crossing 60 - 70 KmPH but not very experienced with overtaking and other highway activities.

3. Time / Schedule Advice :
I'm planning to start early in the morning (say ay 5.00 / 5.30 AM) in the morning on Friday and intend to reach Tirumala by lunch / late afternoon - not sure about the time frame required to reach so pardon my ignorance ! Would start the return journey on Sunday at 6.00 AM and reach Hyd by lunch.

4. Eating out / Lodging :
Any recommended palces in the routes requested for breakfast & Lunch ?? It would be of great help if someone can help with the details (contact inforamtion) of advance reservations of lodging in Dwaraka Tirumala as it is the time of dussera hence the rush might be high.

This being the first long / highway trip with the family, I'm trying to make it as planned as possible to make it a memorable trip. Hence need to advice from all you experience highway drivers on that. Also add anything that might be of help incase if I missed mentioning here.

I'll post my travelouge once I return to Hyderabad.

Thank you all for all the wonderful information made available on this website.

Cheers,
Vamsi
Old 10th October 2010, 09:09   #2
BHPian

Hi Vamsi,

Nice to see that you are starting your journey at T - BHP with a travel query.
Please find below the answers for your query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamsi Krishna View Post
1. Vehicle Advice:
I'm going to use my newly procured - Wagon R (Black Colour) from Maruti True Value ( RK Saboo / Somajiguda). Any specifice tool / product / precaution that need to be take for using this vehicle. I've got it serviced about 4 weeks back and intent to get that done again before I go on this trip.
Wagon R would be fine to do this trip.
Quote:
2. Route Advice :
I'm a driver with experience of about 20K Kms in the city but with very less exp on highways (less thank 1K). Need advice on the route:
a. Hyd - Suryapet - Vijayawada - Bhimadolu - Dwaraka Tirumala
b. Hyd - Suryapet - khammam - Jangareddygudem - Dwaraka Tirumala

Heard that lot of work happening on hyd - bza highway, any update on the current status ? I'm a safe / slow driver with speeds generally not crossing 60 - 70 KmPH but not very experienced with overtaking and other highway activities.
Would suggest you to stick to the first route, though the 4 laning work is going on between Hyderabad - Nandigama. As the Khammam route is in it's worst condition I have ever seen.

Don't worry much about the HW experience you have. Four years back I had just 500 Kms of experience on any roads when I took up my first HW drive and now I have 1 Lac Kms experience.

Quote:
3. Time / Schedule Advice :
I'm planning to start early in the morning (say ay 5.00 / 5.30 AM) in the morning on Friday and intend to reach Tirumala by lunch / late afternoon - not sure about the time frame required to reach so pardon my ignorance ! Would start the return journey on Sunday at 6.00 AM and reach Hyd by lunch.
0500 hrs start would be ideal time to leave Hyderabad and I would suggest you to have lunch in Vijayawada as you don't have many options in Dwaraka Tirumala.

Quote:
4. Eating out / Lodging :
Any recommended palces in the routes requested for breakfast & Lunch ?? It would be of great help if someone can help with the details (contact inforamtion) of advance reservations of lodging in Dwaraka Tirumala as it is the time of dussera hence the rush might be high.
I would recommend 7 to 7 and Rivera inn for BF/ Lunch in between Hyderabad - Vijayawada. 7 to 7 comes to your left before Kodad and Rivera comes to your Right near Narketpalli while you are heading to Vijayawada.

There are very options for stay in Dwaraka Tirumala. You can book a room in Punnami run by APTDC and thats the best option available.

Feal free to call me at any time you need more information about Dwaraka Tirumala. I have PM you my number.

Regards,

Vikram
Old 10th October 2010, 09:12   #3
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved to Route / Travel Queries
Old 13th October 2010, 16:08   #4

Thanks Vikram for all the information. I guess you made me a lot more relaxed with the reply.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Vamsi

Most Viewed