Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 08:51   #1
BHPian

From Panipat to Najibabad

Hi friends,

I am travelling from Panipat to Najibabad later this month via Shukartal. I checked some map sites and they give different routes. I am not clear whether a route /bridge exists at Shukartal to cross the Ganga. I would like to know the best route to take. Also I would like to know the best route to follow from Najibabad back to Delhi. Finally is there a bridge to cross the Yamuna about five kilometres North of Baghpat (near a village named Gauripur)?

I know this is not a standard route so not many responses came to my queries at two other threads. I am starting the thread so it helps to catch the attention of more travellers here!
Old 10th October 2010, 09:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I can tell you from Najibabad to Delhi:

The most simple route would be (all NH):

#1: Take the Najibabad - Kiratpur - Bijnore - Ramraj - Mawana - Meerut - Delhi Route.

Alternative route is:
#2: Take the Najibabad - Kiratpur - Bijnore - Chandpur - Gajraula - Garh - Hapur - Delhi route (State highway from Bijnor - Gajraula)

Now from Panipat to Najibabad, I assume you are planing via Muzzafarnagar (via Bhopa Road). There also you can ask locals. should not be an issue. At best, you can come back to Muzzafarnagar & again go via Ramraj side.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:25   #3
BHPian

Thanks!
I just got back.
I had to modify the route to an extent. I reached Najibabad at night and had to then go to Shukratal en route to Delhi. So after Bijnore I crossed the Ganga at the Charan Singh barrage and found a Pradhan mantri gram sadak yojana road from Deval to a village named Morna. Morna is just five km from Shukratal. This saved me a round trip of nearly forty km. via Miranpur and Muzaffarnagar. From Shukratal I passed by Muzaffarnagar, Meerut and Ghaziabad to Delhi. Except for indisciplined drivers en route in patches, it was a good road.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that NH58 is in good condition. How bad were traffic conditions? And how much time did you take from Muzaffarpur?
Old 1st November 2010, 13:45   #5
BHPian

The road was good from Shamli via M'nagar bypass - Miranpur bypass - Bijnore to Najibabad. I left Shamli at 1815 and was at Najibabad (unfortunatley the bridge leading into Najibabad was not ready and we had to follow a tortuous route behind an SUV thro a completely kacchha road thro fields..later I came to know there is another road tah runs parallel) at about 10 pm. Speed got slow as it got dark shortly after 6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks