Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Need help!! Mumbai -Munnar Road trip Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

f you wish to consider coming via Nagarahole, etc, then you can try either Munnar-Angamali-Trissur-Palakkad-Nilambur-Manathavady-Kutta-Nagarahole route (bad in some places), and you will find this a long day too.
Thanks HV, i realize nagarhole and mudumalai are not on NH17. i was actually asking how would this following route be in your experience route via nagarhole any assumption based on your knowledge would also help greatly! Also you had published 2 routes on google docs on this same thread. it seems to have expired. if you still have the routes with you could you share them. thanks for your suggestions
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:22   #32
BHPian

Re: Advice Required - Mumbai-Munnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Most of the info has been provided by HVK,just to add to it I usually drive Thrissur to Karwar on NH17 in one day (5am to 8pm)and it is an exhausting drive.Dont think type of vehicle would make a big difference as it is the traffic which is a killer and NH17 is yet to see a monsoon July-Aug where it hasnt broken up!

Munnar-Thrissur-4hrs
Thrissur-kozhikode 3 hrs
Kozhikode-mangalore 6hrs
Mangalore udupi 1.5hr
Thank you so much for the info ranjit. this information helps me get perspective. is there any way to bypass this traffic(even if it takes longer) and still get a nice scenic drive. i dont want to go back via the same munnar/ udumalpet / salem/ bangalore/ hubli way as we are wanting to reach goa from munnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post

ALternately, you could consider Munnar-Pollachi-Coimbatore-Mysore-Bglr-Chitradurg-Belgaum-Pune route. However I have no idea about the route condition between Munnar-Coimbatore. Also this will be a much longer route though far better and much more comfortable than the NH 17 route.
thnx sandy, i was rather thinking going via coimbatore and then join NH17 at udupi. atleast i will miss all of the kerala traffic. dont want to go back the belgaum route since we are going to goa from munnar
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice Required - Mumbai-Munnar

You could drive till Bangalore and take the Shimoga route, you can cover Jog on the way too. Munnar-Salem, you don't need to go via Coimbatore, you have to take Udumalpet, Dharapuram, Kangeyam route. Getting through Pollachi-CBE and CBE-Avinashi is a mess, when you have options otherwise.
Old 23rd June 2012, 15:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help!! Mumbai -Munnar Road trip Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
Thanks HV, i realize nagarhole and mudumalai are not on NH17. i was actually asking how would this following route be in your experience route via nagarhole any assumption based on your knowledge would also help greatly! Also you had published 2 routes on google docs on this same thread. it seems to have expired. if you still have the routes with you could you share them. thanks for your suggestions
If you leave from MUnnar in the morning, you can be in Nagarahole by the evening. You will have to face heavy KL traffic till Palakkad but after that it should be faster. You will also face some rough roads in KL-KA side.

Most Viewed